Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Style
    Japanese
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Anyone have advice for Martial Arts in London, Ontario?

I've recently moved to London, Ontario and have been trying very hard for nearly a year to find a good karate school. I was practicing Shorin-Ryu and would give anything to find it again here in London, but this city is filled with endless fraud-filled martial arts of all kinds.

If anyone has any advice on were to find a decent karate/etc. school in this dump, well I'd be amazed at first, then on the bus to go see it.

I know its a dumb, endlessly asked question in this forum but I'm getting depressed over the endless amounts of horseshit schools in this city.

And if I may also ask for advice on everyones expertise on McDojo spotting: http://northernblackdragon.com/ is the best place I have found in this city after a full year of searching (Really, a year in searching) but I'm wondering why this place has a dozen+ "sifus" and !why! is a kung fu school teaching japanese arts and weaponry?
    This "Black Dragon" name alone is dubious.

Any insite on it? I'm desperate for a well disciplined school that will teach me something other than how to open up my wallet and hand over its contents.

Style
    Gym drifter
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here we go again folks.

Style
    Muay Thai, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why not actually help the guy this time?

Style
    Gym drifter
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP, why would you want to do Krotty, isnt there a nice kickboxing, JJ, boxing school anywhere near you? Why didnt' you start in newbietown? How long have you been lurking for? The school you found seems pretty stupid, but there are multiple instructors, so there shouldnt' be a cult thing going on. They're doind sparing and competing, so it seems like not as bad as that.

Style
    Japanese
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for responding Siniq,

I'd like to take up Karate again because I spent 4 years training in it from a legit' teacher, and I love everything about it. I'm not into martial arts just because I want to fight, or because I want to kick and scream and try to look cool. It just clears my mind of bullshit and gives me a hobby to work on.

And that school I linked looks kind of 50/50, has anyone ever heard of "Northern Black Dragon Kung Fu" before? Me either!

Sorry for not putting this thread in "newbietown"; I searched where newberts like me can post topics to noob-up the place but with this confusing layout, this seemed like the only suitable place for it.

Style
    Gym drifter
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I cant' help you with London, but I advise you to do the only good karate system - kyokushin to my knowlege, that is.

Style
    BJJ, Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dude roger gracie's school is in london, go there, you'll learn a real martial art and you'll be getting instruction from some of the best there is
    Last edited by HigherLearning; 8/21/2008 5:39am at .

Style
    Gym drifter
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh dude Pofman go for it !!!!!!!!!!!!!/I know I would/ Roger Gracie's better than any krotty man dancing you'l find there!!!!

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die
    Style
    Improv comedy
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.teamtompkins.com/

Sean Tompkins, Mark Hominick and Sam Stout

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should head over to Toronto and study Systema: www.russianmartialart.com.
    Don't waste your time elsewhere!

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last