Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 7:30pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    OP, it looks like you've had experience in martial arts (someone above said maybe TKD or karate), do you?

The reason why I ask is I see the same level of intensity from both fighters, you head hunt with kicks, you can expect to have fists thrown back at you. I don't see a gym bully and his victim and I am sure the OP doesn't see himself as a victim of a gym bully, so let's put that to rest now. I mean, there was plenty of respect from the other guy even though there was a lot of power behind some moves.

I thought it was a good video and a good showing for a first time MMA sparring. Keep it up, bro.
    Yeah I'm a green belt in Shotokan Karate. I didn't feel bullied at all, I just felt like he was trying to see if I was serious or if I was going to run home crying after a few hits. I didn't have a problem with it because like you said, I was trying to kick his head off a few times.

He was aware of my zero grappling experience but I figure that he probably could have thrown me a lot harder if he had wanted to. After getting tossed about 5 times I learned how to land on my side in what I thought was a relatively good defensive position, so I would say it was a learning experience, not "beat up the new kid."

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 11:09pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now what's next for you?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 11:35pm

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, some of you must spar really light to see that as bullying.

OP: You are doing more wrong than right at the moment, join a proper gym and put a video up again in 6 months and we might have something to help you with. Kudos for testing your skills.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 9:04am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just watched it again. I still think it looks like he's going a little harder than he has to, but that could be because he's throwing a bunch of haymakers from the hip. So I retract my bullying comment, but stand by my "his striking sucks" one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 9:18am

Style: 1 technique 1000 times

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd say the guy OP fought wasn't necessarily being a bully, but rather just amping up his aggressiveness since he was up against a taller opponent. It was supposed to be friendly sparring and all that, but OP was there for a learning experience, and if his training was for self defense, he may as well learn how to deal with an overly aggressive opponent in a controlled environment. That's why I said in my last post to take all the experience he got from it and keep training hard

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 12:03pm

Style: Wing Chun Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    Wow, some of you must spar really light to see that as bullying.

OP: You are doing more wrong than right at the moment, join a proper gym and put a video up again in 6 months and we might have something to help you with. Kudos for testing your skills.
    Id said they was just playing nice, decent fun training though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 6:28pm

Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherDaniel View Post
    Id said they was just playing nice, decent fun training though.
    Is that what sparring where you train looks like? Or is it all deadly with eyeballs hanging out, and throats ripped, and dismemberment and ****?

Incidentally, props to the OP, for being willing to show himself on video. It takes guts to test yourself in the gym like that.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12