Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 10:14am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Watch me get my butt kicked (MMA sparring)

This is my first time ever in an MMA gym, vs the 125 lb NC belt holder. I have absolutely no experience with grappling, throws, or landing from throws. Watch for some good laughs and tell me what you think!

Sorry it's sideways, skip to 3:35 for the non-sideways skinny version.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 10:45am

Style: HEMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was going to watch it, then realised that it would be a waste of my time to download and rotate the view since you couldn't be bothered.

Go download avidemux, load your video on, apply the filter to rotate 90 degrees, save as a new file, then upload it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 11:26am

Style: American Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What a dick. he could've took it a little easier on you. I don't care who you are if you come in noob'n it up the guy with experience should not be swinging for the fences.
    You are tough as nails though. Props

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 11:38am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You need to learn some combos, and learn how to get inside and land them. I'd lay off the headkicks, especially the spinning roundhouse. They are easy to read, and you end up leaving yourself undefended.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 11:47am

Style: 1 technique 1000 times

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey man, every fight gives you more experience, so just learn from it. Train hard and work simple combos til you can do em in your sleep.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 1:51pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by old chestnut View Post
    I was going to watch it, then realised that it would be a waste of my time to download and rotate the view since you couldn't be bothered.

Go download avidemux, load your video on, apply the filter to rotate 90 degrees, save as a new file, then upload it.
    Or you could read the part where I said to fast forward to 3:35 for the rotated version...

To everyone else, thanks for the feedback!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 3:35pm

Style: TKD & HKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like you have a tma background. Karate, tkd?

Where in NC is this gym, and do you happen to know what "NC Belt" this guy holds?

I agree that he did seem to be teeing off on you a bit, but at least he was nice enough to help you up after tossing you around!

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 4:03pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That guy must have a really tiny dick. I can't stand gym bullies...if a noob is doing something out of line, you warn the him a few times first, then if he insists on not listening, you smack him a few times and let him know that he needs to chill or sit down. Though you probably didn't do yourself many favors by constantly trying to throw headkicks with no headgear on. Did you explain about your lack of grappling experience? And I'd also like to know what title he's supposed to hold, his striking sucks balls.

Anyway, from what I saw, there's a few things you should be working on-

-Combos, combos, combos. I don't think I saw you throw more than 2 shots at a time once. You'll land a hell of a lot more if you're giving them something else to think about rather than just winging out single shots. To paraphrase my coach, if you throw 5 punches and 3 of them land, that's a win.

-Footwork. Your in-and-out movement wasn't bad, but you primarily just moved forward and back. It's why you got run off the mats and stuck against the wall. Also, try to work on crossing your feet less when you move.

-Move that head! You've got volleyball-on-a-stick syndrome, which is probably a product of you being tall. Constant, slight head movement can help mask what you're doing and keep your opponent guessing, and when you need to avoid a punch, it's easier to slip or weave if you're already moving rather than starting from a dead stop.

-Reset after throwing. You got lazy a bunch of times after your kicks and just stood there where your leg fell instead of immediately getting back to your guard.

Still, not bad overall, and you've got great big old balls to stay in there with a guy who's trying to take your head off. Are you looking to get into MMA, or just sparring with different people?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 4:22pm

Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah agreed kind of a douche. Learn to Guillotine with hieght and leanness I saw quite a few oppurtunities for you to grab him and choke the snot out of him withn one.

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 4:41pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP, it looks like you've had experience in martial arts (someone above said maybe TKD or karate), do you?

The reason why I ask is I see the same level of intensity from both fighters, you head hunt with kicks, you can expect to have fists thrown back at you. I don't see a gym bully and his victim and I am sure the OP doesn't see himself as a victim of a gym bully, so let's put that to rest now. I mean, there was plenty of respect from the other guy even though there was a lot of power behind some moves.

I thought it was a good video and a good showing for a first time MMA sparring. Keep it up, bro.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast