Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 7:36am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Inaction, action would involve actually doing something. There is a thread here, with a big time person in MMA, who never did respond. Turned out, months later when he blew up, the story was completely wrong. Also, there are MULTIPLE threads where the person NEVER responded and we found out the information ourselves.

Not saying this is the case, but no one has to reply to you or anyone for that matter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 8:09am

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed, it's just my own personal opinion that a reply to the email shouldn't be too much trouble for them. A simple "Our karate is {this} style taught to us by {instructor} who in turn was a student of {instructor with traceable lineage}" would be easy enough.

On the occasions in the past when I've contacted people who are running MA clubs or advertising seminars they've always been open and forthcoming. The fact that this crowd aren't, for me, isn't a plus point for them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 8:27am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thrutch View Post
    Agreed, it's just my own personal opinion that a reply to the email shouldn't be too much trouble for them. A simple "Our karate is {this} style taught to us by {instructor} who in turn was a student of {instructor with traceable lineage}" would be easy enough.

On the occasions in the past when I've contacted people who are running MA clubs or advertising seminars they've always been open and forthcoming. The fact that this crowd aren't, for me, isn't a plus point for them.
    Now that question I definitely can answer. It's Bushido Karate, invented by Pete Delane, based on Jon Alexander's Zen Shin Ryu, loosely based on Kyokushinkai with a few other bits thrown in for good measure.

I think the mistake I made when I started this thread was maybe which category to put it in. I just thought it was important people should know what they're getting into with 'Wise Warrior' and being hidden away at the bottom of the BAMA thread didn't seem to be giving it enough attention.

Thrutch - I guarantee they won't answer any of your questions. It's a classic defence mechanism - "We don't need to answer those questions, we know we're great and we shouldn't have to prove it to anyone." It stops the conflict in their heads.

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 9:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ]
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightUpMA View Post
    Now that question I definitely can answer. It's Bushido Karate, invented by Pete Delane, based on Jon Alexander's Zen Shin Ryu, loosely based on Kyokushinkai with a few other bits thrown in for good measure.
    Actually Jon states that his Karate is Goju ryu based - although I do remember Brian Fitkin turning up at a ZSR tournament in London with Jon stating he was a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by thrutch View Post
    Poor analogy tbf. What StraightUpMA did was walk into the chip shop, ask for fish and chips, and then tell the fat lass behind the counter that he had no money to pay for them. In other words he started an investigation thread then offered no evidence whatsoever to back up any of his claims. He stated that he was familiar with the investigation threads on here, which means he should also be familiar with the requirements for evidence & facts:

Other than a link to their website he was unable to satisfy any of these requirements. The first post that came close was yours - a well-written, informative post might I add.

All we've had other than that is "they were/are/might still be a member of a different, discredited organisation." It Is Fake explained in this post why evidence is required to back this up:

FWIW, based on your post and the fact that 2 weeks on they've yet to respond to my email I'm quite happy to judge them as being lame, sketchy twats. That's judging them on their actions though and nothing else.

Cool username btw.
    When I see my Sis in the chip shop I'll let her know someone else is going to bring the money (nice to see you know her so well).

Thrutch - I take your point though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 10:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladitsnite View Post
    ]

Actually Jon states that his Karate is Goju ryu based - although I do remember Brian Fitkin turning up at a ZSR tournament in London with Jon stating he was a friend.

When I see my Sis in the chip shop I'll let her know someone else is going to bring the money (nice to see you know her so well).

Thrutch - I take your point though.
    My mistake - you're right, it's Goju based, but having looked at some Kyokushinkai, there's definitely a big influence there - some of the kata movements are identical.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 5:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A quote from their latest blog: "A reminder to you all, that the next national BAMA gradings are now only 10 weeks away. Fortunately we managed to get loads of work done this week with all the people studying for Bushido Karate and Aikido-Te grades which is great, as just about all of you will be going in June, even the new students who have only started training recently should be there along side them. So be warned part one gradings will be in the first and second week of May."

So I think we can safely say these are the BAMA, under the banner of Pete Delane.

This is another of their pages:
    http://www.cheltenhamswordandaikido.co.uk/

And since we've established that they're actually the BAMA, then what they're teaching has no basis in established Aikido or Iaido. In fact, on this blog, they can't even spell it: http://swordandaikido.wordpress.com/...heme-resheath/
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678