Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2012 9:53am

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fight isn't scratched because I'm sure the UFC is looking for every possible way to salvage the Overeem vs JDS fight. When it becomes official that Overeem isn't fighting in May, Mir is really the best suitable candidate. Would Werdum take up the spot against Cain? That could be interesting.

Agreed that Mark Hunt won't be in the cards for the title shot. As good as his story is, there are a couple of chapters still to be told before it goes full-on Cinderella story. Assuming the fight against Struve stays standing (which is to say, Hunt wins), I figure he has one more fight before the UFC gives him a title shot (if only because the winner of Cain vs. X will get the next title shot.)

On hiatus

Posted On:
    4/07/2012 10:57am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Aww hell yes.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

On hiatus

Posted On:
    4/07/2012 11:03am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

:)

Posted On:
    4/07/2012 1:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it me, or is 6-1 or the 4-1 standard seem a little lenient? Can training w/o test. shots raise the level that high?

Is this a wink and a nod for fighters to basically cheat, but not too much, or can a normal fluctuation be that high? Anyone know?

Hunt would be fun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2012 4:14pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Is it me, or is 6-1 or the 4-1 standard seem a little lenient? Can training w/o test. shots raise the level that high?

Is this a wink and a nod for fighters to basically cheat, but not too much, or can a normal fluctuation be that high? Anyone know?

Hunt would be fun.
    Thing is, the idea that 1:1 is average just means that a 1:1 ratio will cover 50% of people tested. Natural T:E ratios varying by person, and the 4:1 ratio that the Olympics uses will cover 95% of the population without accidentally accusing someone of cheating. It's important to remember that T:E ratio doesn't actually prove one is using synthetic testosterone, it's just a sign of it; that's why the B test has a carbon isotope test that determines if all the T in the sample is natural.

There are people who naturally fall outside the 4:1 range. The NSAC's 6:1--while seeming like a license to use PEDs in moderation--covers 99% of the normal population. They say they do that to further reduce the chance of accusing someone who just has a naturally high ratio, but realistically they do it because it is in their interest for combat sports events to happen as opposed to being killed by hot piss--so they test at a level where you only get caught flagrantly offending.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2012 9:21pm

Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now the rumor is that Hendo has declared he's willing to fight @ Heavyweight for the title. Let the speculation begin!!!

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/07/2012 11:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dana flip-flops all the time, so who knows what will happen. But if anyone other than Mir replaces Overeem I'm convinced Dana hates Mir's fucking guts. For sure.

There's just nobody that makes more sense at the moment. Dana would have to go out of his way to deny Mir the opportunity. I guess Werdum would be the second most logical choice but he lost his next to last fight, he doesn't have a better overall record than Mir and he's already lost to JDS.

Barnett is worthy of a title shot if they're willing to toss Strikeforce on it's head. There's no way in hell it should be Hunt. He's got an 8-7 record for Christ's sake.

Unless they want to do something crazy awesome like canceling the Evans fight and throwing Jon Jones in there, it should be Mir if moonface is out.

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 12:10am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hendo would be EPIC. Mir probably makes the most sense though.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 12:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Henderson is always exciting, but he's just too small to throw into the HW mix, in my opinion. I know he beat Fedor and all, but he's not even a big Light Heavyweight. And there are interesting fights for him at LHW in the UFC. They shouldn't turn him into a freak show by putting him in with the monsters.

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 1:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Henderson is always exciting, but he's just too small to throw into the HW mix, in my opinion. I know he beat Fedor and all, but he's not even a big Light Heavyweight. And there are interesting fights for him at LHW in the UFC. They shouldn't turn him into a freak show by putting him in with the monsters.
    Hendo is one of those guys though, who can potentially beat anyone. He hits hard enough, that if speed is his main advantage, due to size/weight, he can still clock the **** out of someone.

Hendo vs. Fedor was one I'd wanted since I got into mma fandom. I'm thrilled it happened...but that's not the only reason Hendo is a good choice. He literally is, Mr i kick ass at many weight classes.

Much like Randy (was), he is always a threat. Also, he's waiting for a fight.

I would favor Hendo vs. JDS very slightly.
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast