230779 Bullies, 5592 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 8:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy View Post
    I'd say that pretty much anyone in the top 5-6 is a legitimate threat to anyone else on any given night. The thing with Mir is it is entirely dependent on which Frank Mir shows up. Also, Carwin may hit harder than JDS but JDS is a sniper with his punches compared to the inaccurate Carwin and Mir can't really afford to get hit much, let alone with well-placed shots.
    Agreed. My point is that Mir may be able to keep JDS against the cage for a good portion of the fight and limit the use of his number one skill, which is boxing at range.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 1:00am

Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Yes, for a little more than a decade. It's a hobby. Do you have any hobbies besides being condescending towards strangers on internet message boards?

We are talking hypotheticals. I feel that Werdum's standup has improved, meaning he may be able to last longer against JDS than he did last time. Barnett COULD be brought over, although this would mess with the already severely messed-up SF tournament, and I believe Barnett is a handful for anyone on a good day.
    Sorry shouldnt have came across so douchy. And yes..woodworking...

I totally agree with the Werdum point believe me, I thought his clinch work looked great in his fight against Nelson and any other fighter probably would have been KO's Nelsons beard is only second to Chuck Norris's Im begining to believe, and much like Mir, Werdum poses a real submission threat to JDS.. But the fight is in roughly two months. He's not an option.

On Barnett same thing I think he's poses a serious serious threat to JDS, He doesn’t take you down with an eye on wearing you down, he takes you down with an eye on finishing you quickly and painfully. Any top-5 guy in the UFC would have trouble with that. But even if he beats Cormier... Which lets be realistic Showtime is NOT letting that fight get messed up and canceled think of all the money they'd lose. There's no guarentee he comes over to the UFC right away. as shown in a comment by Dana....." The way that Showtime wants to do it is when that fight finally happens, whoever wins it, they wanna do another fight on Showtime, so that guy would probably come to the UFC. We'll see what happens, you know? Josh and I have been playing nice with each other for a little while, since he got into the UFC. It's more than just, 'Does he win? Does he do this?' You gotta be able to come to terms with the guy and be able to deal with him. If he wins the fight, I can't see why he wouldn't come here, unless we weren't able to make a deal with him."

Maybe here's the difference and why I was a little incredulous as to your potential candidates. Im not talking hypotheticals Im talking I want my heavy weight title fight come May damn it, so they need to pick an alternate, and with whats available I think my original arguement stands. Mir's the only current choice.

And wait this is Bullshido I thought I was supposed to be all condensending and douchy when voicing an opinion or disagreeing with someone elses.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 1:02am

Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy View Post
    I'd say that pretty much anyone in the top 5-6 is a legitimate threat to anyone else on any given night. The thing with Mir is it is entirely dependent on which Frank Mir shows up. Also, Carwin may hit harder than JDS but JDS is a sniper with his punches compared to the inaccurate Carwin and Mir can't really afford to get hit much, let alone with well-placed shots.
    Coudlnt agree with you more.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 2:18pm

Style: karate!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Reporter Ariel Helwani tweeted: "NSAC announces that Overeem tested pos. for elevated levels of test. last wk. He'll need to appear before the commission to get licensed."

Overeem's levels were > 10:1. NSAC limit is 6:1.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28109/alis...itle-fight.mma

Yep, he tested positive.
    Damn that sucks he was such an exciting fighter and an interesting style match up for jds. I think he would of ko,d jds because of the superior striking skills. Now Mir gets the chance to sub him which I think he will. It's a bad match up for Mir but I still think he can pull it off

:)

Posted On:
    4/07/2012 12:39am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dammit. I was gonna bet my entire varrot count on Reem winning.

This fight not happening is a robbery. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.

:)

Posted On:
    4/07/2012 3:05am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.cagepotato.com/nsac-confi...one-of-14-men/
    Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer has confirmed to CagePotato.com that Alistair Overeem‘s testosterone/epitestosterone ratio registered at 14:1 in his recent failed drug test. Assuming you’re not an expert endocrinologist, we’ll let MMAFighting.com put that number into perspective:

The average male produces a T/E ratio around 1:1. The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) uses a 4:1 standard for positive tests, and NSAC uses 6:1 as its cutoff, a number used by WADA up until 2006…Overeem’s number is slightly lower than that of Chael Sonnen when he was caught with an elevated level in 2010. Sonnen, who lost to Anderson Silva the day after the test was taken, produced a sample with a 16.9:1 ratio.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2012 5:34am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

No contest?

Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Dammit. I was gonna bet my entire varrot count on Reem winning.

This fight not happening is a robbery. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.
    Does this mean that Overoids last fight with Lesnar may be changed to a no contest?

He was on a conditional license after all too

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2012 7:18am

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy rising View Post
    Does this mean that Overoids last fight with Lesnar may be changed to a no contest?

He was on a conditional license after all too
    Nope, according to Kizer. Overeem passed all his tests for the Lesnar fight, so it stays a W.

Posted On:
    4/07/2012 8:30am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    According to Dana White's twitter, Mir/Cain is still on. And he also says here that JDS is defending the title in May, regardless of whether it's Overeem or not.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/77...istair-overeem

Interesting. Maybe they're bringing over Barnett after all? Or maybe they're just going to try to sweep all of this under the rug as fast as possible and leave Overeem in anyway.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    4/07/2012 8:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, if the fight isn't scratched, Werdum?

As charming as this Mark Hunt meme is, I don't quite believe that it will be the UFC's answer.
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast