Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 10:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Mir deserves the title shot if Overeem can't fight.
    Frank Mir?? You mean the guy who got winded fighting Big Country who got winded climbing the three steps to get in the cage??

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 10:36am

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Frank Mir?? You mean the guy who got winded fighting Big Country who got winded climbing the three steps to get in the cage??
    Deserves is relative. He was going to fight Cain for a shot at the winner of the match that will probably never be. Now that Overeem is probably out of the picture, and with JDS having already beaten Cain, it looks like it's time for Mir to get his chin caved in.

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 11:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know this will never happen, but I really wish Roy Nelson would win the HW title. No it's not because I like Roy, but rather because I want to see on PPV the exact moment when Dana Whites soul dies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 11:18am

Style: American Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the delussional bastard in me always wanted to believe the horsemeat and eating 7x's a day thing.
    God Damn it Reem

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 12:28pm

Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    10:1 wow the T/E ratio is for elevated levels of Testosterone though not anabolic roids. I wonder if he will attempt to fight and have the B sample tested and possibly attempt some type of TRT defense. This will be intersting to watch.....but F%^&!!!!! I wanted to see that fight.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 12:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who would be your suggestion to step in if Overeem is out? Mir is a former champ, he's on a winning streak and he's about the only guy remotely in the title picture who Dos Santos hasn't beaten. Like him or not, he's earned his shot. He's clearly first in line.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 1:10pm

Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No he means Frank Mir whos won 7 of his last 9 fights and finished 6 of them and who did this to NOG. Winning submission on the year.

Granted I would have liked to see him against Cain first to cement a solid title shot, but I can't think of anyone else right now @ heavy weight that makes more sense for the shot.Plus the fact that JDS's only loss was to an arm bar and that he trains out of Team Nogueria makes it at least slightly interesting back story wise. Avenging his hero and all yadda yadda. I think it's at least an acceptable replacement fight.

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 1:33pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Mir's always been overrated and he'd get skullfucked by Dos Santos' anvils in less than 2 rounds, but there really isn't anybody else who makes even a little sense as a replacement fight. Werdum's been looking good lately, has won 4 of his last 5, and a rematch would be an interesting fight, but he needs one or two more wins before you could logically make a case for him. Velasquez hasn't fought since he lost the belt, Nelson's got too many losses recently, Lesnar is gone, Carwin is out and lost his last two, Mark Hunt hasn't beaten anyone of note yet...there isn't anyone else around the HW title picture.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be rooting hard for JDS and laugh when Mir hits the mat, but he's the only one you could reasonably slot in.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 1:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, bloodyelbow is a great ressource for this kind of news:

Overeem's testosterone level is normal.
    AND HE IS A HORSE.

Still not as juiced as Sonnen was, though.

Or, in a picture:

Find Overeem on this photo.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 1:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't go to sleep on Mir. He knows JDS is a better striker than he is. I think he's going to stick to JDS like glue. I would look for him to use a more aggressive version of the game plan he used against Cro Cop. Ugly and boring, and he can still get knocked out. But he could pull out an ugly win too.

Mir has shown his biggest weaknesses are wrestling and dealing with a larger opponent. JDS will be a better matchup for him than Velasquez, I think.
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast