Our Sponsors:

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 15161718 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 10:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    I'm saying it won't be a value bet, cause Mir will lose. So you will lose money if you bet on him, ok?

Alistair makes statement: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/4/23...r-his-elevated

They put testosterone in everything nowadays.
    Oh give me a fucking break, the bullshit is strong with this one.
    Of course it's all natural believe me it's just a mistake. Maybe Overeem and Barry can do lunch to discuss media tactics.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 10:31am

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing that'll really piss you off is that he'll probably get away with it. Since he's going through with the application, he likely has his defense and his paperwork all lined up. The AC won't license him, and will likely suspend him for 6 months, but now that Mir is in the title fight that hardly matters. Dana White won't cut him if his alibi is good, why would he? Overeem represents a lot of money to be made.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 10:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a riddle for you:

Your assumptions based on his testosterone level alone,
    where on this picture do you see Alistair Overeem?

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 11:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    I have a riddle for you:

Is he about to finger the hippo, or is he shooting it up with roids??

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 11:11am

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    I have a riddle for you:

Why is Overeem about to kancho Rumble Johnson?

:)

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 11:22am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chael Sonnen defends the Reem. Of courses he would...I mean, of course :)
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...sting-positive
    If you are going to hang your hat on 'Alistair Overeem has failed a drug test' because he had an elevated T/E ratio, show me the page, show me the paragraph and show me the sentence specifically within the rulebook that says that that's a violation.
    "Nowhere in the rulebook is it illegal to have an elevated T/E ratio. We all attempt to manipulate our testosterone level. That's not against the rules. The question is how? What did you do to elevate it? What did you take? What did you eat? These become the questions and that's where anybody could run into a problem.

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 11:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You sure that's really from Sonnen, I thought he only referred to himself in the third person lol.

:)

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 11:52am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    You sure that's really from Sonnen, I thought he only referred to himself in the third person lol.
    Chael hit a 16.9 himself IIRC. I'm surprised he hasn't regressed back to grunts and shaking his paws.

We all attempt to manipulate our testosterone level.
    Maybe he meant himself here. Like Gollum.

Ssssss the trixie NAC hatessss ussssss. They banssss ussss precious.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 12:40pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was doing all the required reading on the statement released and other reactions to it for my own news post update when I stumbled across something that made me laugh and screen capped it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ice/lovely.png

While reading an article on someone apologizing for test levels and saying he's categorically against taking performance enhancing drugs there is a big advertisement for mother fucking performance enhancing drugs.

There may be a larger point to that, but, for now, I was just left to laugh.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 1:21pm

Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    If I were betting and the odds were even I'd put my money on JDS. But the odds will probably be way out of whack in favor of JDS, which would make Mir a value bet.

JDS should win the fight. If it's a striking match Mir only has a puncher's chance of knocking him out before he gets raped. If it goes to the ground Mir has the advantage. Those are the obvious factors.

The X-factors as I see them are:

1. Don't believe the hype. Good fighters lose fights. Especially heavyweights. JDS just hasn't had his dirty laundry aired yet like Mir, Fedor, Velasquez, Lesnar, Carwin, Nogueira, etc, etc, etc. His time will come. His long winning streak tells me he's an awesome fighter but it also tells me he's due for a loss in the near future.

2. Mir will do everything in his power to avoid striking with dos Santos. I think he could use different tactics than JDS has faced before. It seems obvious now that JDS is a superior striker but if you look back at his fights they aren't littered with guys who went out of their way to avoid standing with him. This gives rise to the myth that JDS is almost impossible to take down, sort of like the presumed fact that Velasquez has endless cardio when he's only gone the distance once in his whole career.

3. Mir hasn't done well against bigger guys and exceptional wrestlers. JDS is neither of those.

4. The judges. I think Mir should use a strategy similar to what he used against Cro Cop. It'll be boring, people will boo, Dana will be pissed. But it's his best chance for a win and I think Mir is seasoned enough to go with the strategy that gives him the best chance even if it pisses everyone off. If they grind it out against the cage and it goes the distance, we all know there's no telling how the judges will call it.
    I agree with you 100% Devil, but just to counter point #4 JDS does have power in his short shots on the inside. Mir needs to be warry of that if he employs this tatctic. I am rooting for Mir though and will probably bet on him for the value.