--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a turning point.

Posted On:
    4/11/2012 7:36pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As much as I want to see the fight, I'd hate to see that 'excuse' fly. It's a slap in the face of any testing ,etc. They may as well not do any testing from here on out or something.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2012 8:22pm

Style: MMA/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey the fight`s on my birthday.. :D meaning I`m almost definitely gonna watch!
    Last edited by Heydawg; 4/11/2012 8:27pm at .

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    4/11/2012 10:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampa View Post
    Considering that Overeem is probably getting a Dutch chiropractor to back-date forged prescriptions as we speak, I can't help but feel that this technicality working will officially make all athletic commission authority into a farce.

?

The problem is, the current system with the regional athletic commissions is essentially flawed to begin with.
    Why does the UFC not use WADA or NADA testing, in the first place?

Two simple reasons:

1. The UFC and other fighting orgs live very comfortably with the option to license their fighters wherever the conditions to get the license are the best. For example, how come Nick Diaz is seriously fighting this summer, even if only in a BJJ competition? Ah, I see, California law. I'll remember that next time I go to training drunk.

2. If there was serious testing, how many MMA fighters would not lose their license pretty much instantly? There was ONE case where the athletic commisions did what they had to, and Dana was not amused.

That's how people with low testosterone look like, REALLY!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 12:55am

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually meant nothing against the Dutch (this time). Just that getting a script from a vaguely reputable doctor in a far away home town is an old trick to try and make it less obvious that what they are now calling TRT was in no way on the up and up.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 1:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be clear, I wasn't ranting against you. I have to confess, last night I couldn't sleep, and so I listened to a couple of MMA podcasts, to sort of catch up with what had happened lately.

And the truth is, really, the lies and the double standard displayed by the press there is upsetting, at least in the leading US media, like mmafighting, sherdog, and bloodyelbow.

Like, first, nobody seems to care to explain what TRT really is. So, the listener, what can he really say about T vs ET levels, and so on? Nothing, of course. And so, it's very easy to be fooled. That is, of course, because an honest discussion about the topic would speel *doom* for the entire industry, at least for the current generation of fighters.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 1:38am

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    To be clear, I wasn't ranting against you. I have to confess, last night I couldn't sleep, and so I listened to a couple of MMA podcasts, to sort of catch up with what had happened lately.

And the truth is, really, the lies and the double standard displayed by the press there is upsetting, at least in the leading US media, like mmafighting, sherdog, and bloodyelbow.

Like, first, nobody seems to care to explain what TRT really is. So, the listener, what can he really say about T vs ET levels, and so on? Nothing, of course. And so, it's very easy to be fooled. That is, of course, because an honest discussion about the topic would speel *doom* for the entire industry, at least for the current generation of fighters.
    I tried to be as on the level as possible when I wrote about it.

http://www.thefightnerd.com/new-cali...air-advantage/

I'd note that Nate Quarry has also been about as upfront as anybody on his Spike TV program.

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 2:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While the body of evidence suggests that marijuana has an effect on (specifically slowing) the perception of time,
    it seems odd that this is rarely mentioned as a possible performance enhancing trait.

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 12:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well that's just fantastic, Overoids gets a pass and everything gets swept under the rug, and why?? Just so Dana fucking White can make a few more bucks to throw in his fireplace. Wow UFC how low can you slither??

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 2:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/145703.html

Interesting article. Obviously a biased viewpoint from Mir's manager, but it still offers some insight into the contractual situation.
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast