Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 5:03pm

Style: tai chi chuan, poekoelan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Weight baring and impact conditioning may help bone strength, but attacking your hand skin with heat and/or chemicals will not. It is unrelated.
    Well, the heat may or may not be relevant, and might be what builds the pain tolerance. I think it's the materials themselves are what build the bone and muscle strength.
    Something occurred to me though. In your previous comment you made the observation that they do some crazy stuff. That may be true, and in the episode of that show they even showed a guy *breaking* a piece of strap steel over his head, and bending steel bars around their throat. You said they ingest molten lead. (I've certainly not seen that) but crazy or not, it seems to me those things just go to show how far one can push their body. In comparison to consuming molten lead or shoving their hands into boiling coconut oil, ripping the heart from a bull doesn't seem so incredible.

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 5:20pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by taijidude View Post
    I don't doubt that it's possible. I suspect if one spent a good portion of their lives dipping their fingers and hands repeatedly in everything from hot sand to boiling oil every day that they would develop the ability to pierce skin (or possibly a bull's flesh).
    Have you seen a bull? Touched one? No fucking way ever in a million years.

Why hasn't someone posted this yet (jump to 2:10)?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 5:44pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The idea is if you hit a bone into something hard enough times it creates micro fractures in the bone. This in turn encourages bone regeneration to begin. It causes an increase in bone density not strength.

No one mentioned the rib cage intercostal muscles or the pericardium as potential problems for this. Its not just an issue if a very thick hide to get through

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 5:49pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Plus he would have to have heaps of people around him chanting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 5:52pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, the heat may or may not be relevant, and might be what builds the pain tolerance. I think it's the materials themselves are what build the bone and muscle strength.
    Bone and muscle strength are the result of stress followed by recovery.

Something occurred to me though. In your previous comment you made the observation that they do some crazy stuff. That may be true, and in the episode of that show they even showed a guy *breaking* a piece of strap steel over his head, and bending steel bars around their throat. You said they ingest molten lead. (I've certainly not seen that) but crazy or not, it seems to me those things just go to show how far one can push their body. In comparison to consuming molten lead or shoving their hands into boiling coconut oil, ripping the heart from a bull doesn't seem so incredible.
    A lot of those feats are fun with physics, and/or pain tolerance, but ripping out a bull heart is unfeasible and has Urban Legend written all over it. Someone heard the Oyama story and added in a little Mortal Kombat.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 5:54pm

Style: Wrestling/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That kind of training would obviously have some serious long term effects. No concert piano playing in their future. But there's at least one episode of Fight Quest(?) (the one with Bill Duff) I think it was Silat, where they tried to get him to dunk his hands in a bowl of boiling coconut oil but he wouldn't, he said he'd leave that to the "professionals".
    1.) The show with Bill Duff is Human Weapon...aka where most of the wannabes at my highschool learned to fight(lol).

2.) Do you read what you type? So is the bull just sitting there? Why would you abuse your fucking hands? A broken hand can take you out of training. Trust me, I know.

3.) Don't believe everything you see on TV shows like Human Weapon, Fight Quest, Deadliest Warrior etc...(it makes you look like a tool)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 6:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinchfighter View Post
    1.) The show with Bill Duff is Human Weapon...aka where most of the wannabes at my highschool learned to fight(lol).

2.) Do you read what you type? So is the bull just sitting there? Why would you abuse your fucking hands? A broken hand can take you out of training. Trust me, I know.

3.) Don't believe everything you see on TV shows like Human Weapon, Fight Quest, Deadliest Warrior etc...(it makes you look like a tool)
    1. Yeah, that's the one
    2. I never said I wanted to do it. I'm waaaay to delicate for that ****.
    3. Pfft, I passed toolhood about the time I check onboard my first submarine.

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 6:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    You are greatly underestimating human skin. Don't let the lil scrapes and cuts fool you your skin is pretty tough. No man is piercing it with there bare fingers regardless of what condition they do. Don't be fooled by parlor tricks.
    I have proof that you are wrong:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 8:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't Frank Zappa have an album titled "Patrick Swayze Ripped My Flesh"? Oh wait, that was Weasels.

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 9:46pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mate of mine tried to choke out a cow. Can't do it aparently.

Last edited by gregaquaman; 4/04/2012 9:49pm at .
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast