Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 4:17pm

Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope got all that (thanks for writing it out though.) i knew about the NAT...my IP probably shows Belmont which is 40 minutes away but thats where my service provider's office is located. I like the point you made about the GEO IP having built in reasonable doubt. But this really just reafirms my thought that Cyber Torts are extremely dificult to enforce on a State level.

Example...someone in Arizona takes offense to sometihng I say on Bullshido and decides under this new law to prosecute, goes through the rigamarole of subpeonaing Bullshido for my user IP address and whatever other info they need and low and behold Im in NH....good luck butthurt dude in AZ, for me the issue with Cyber Torts always comes back to its a virtual location. Where I am does not predicate the laws where you are. This is why I find emerging internet law somewhat interesting, even if at times very confusing.

Basically seems like a lot of footwork for some hurt feelings. Thank again though for typing all that out, wasn't my intent to have you try and explain everything to me, My point was I only see it enforceable if both parties...or maybe even the offending party are in AZ.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 4:39pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    Nope got all that (thanks for writing it out though.) i knew about the NAT...my IP probably shows Belmont which is 40 minutes away but thats where my service provider's office is located. I like the point you made about the GEO IP having built in reasonable doubt. But this really just reafirms my thought that Cyber Torts are extremely dificult to enforce on a State level.

Example...someone in Arizona takes offense to sometihng I say on Bullshido and decides under this new law to prosecute, goes through the rigamarole of subpeonaing Bullshido for my user IP address and whatever other info they need and low and behold Im in NH....good luck butthurt dude in AZ, for me the issue with Cyber Torts always comes back to its a virtual location. Where I am does not predicate the laws where you are. This is why I find emerging internet law somewhat interesting, even if at times very confusing.

Basically seems like a lot of footwork for some hurt feelings. Thank again though for typing all that out, wasn't my intent to have you try and explain everything to me, My point was I only see it enforceable if both parties...or maybe even the offending party are in AZ.
    I'm a fast typist, but you're welcome. Interesting also that Arizona is home to some large datacenters; so, the server which contains the offending content might be physically located in Arizona, I don't know exactly how that would play out. An interesting analog might be California's anti-spam laws; I think they used to try to prosecute non-Californians, but now I think only if the offender is doing business (has servers) in California.
    Last edited by submessenger; 4/10/2012 4:40pm at . Reason: offending public? wtf was I thinking... content, offending content

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 4:52pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    Example...someone in Arizona takes offense to sometihng I say on Bullshido and decides under this new law to prosecute, goes through the rigamarole of subpeonaing Bullshido for my user IP address and whatever other info they need and low and behold Im in NH....good luck butthurt dude in AZ, for me the issue with Cyber Torts always comes back to its a virtual location. Where I am does not predicate the laws where you are.
    I propose that former Bullshido bully Clyde, who's currently a bounty hunter in Arnzona, gets a reality TV show where he hunts down Internet trolls and brings them to justice with kenpo.

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 5:13pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The whole geoIP thing is unnecessary, you look up which ISP is allocated the IP address and subpoena them for which of their customers was assigned the IP at the time the post was made. It still doesn't solve the problem of that subscriber using NAT to put an open wireless hotspot on the IP though.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 5:51pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartf View Post
    The whole geoIP thing is unnecessary, you look up which ISP is allocated the IP address and subpoena them for which of their customers was assigned the IP at the time the post was made. It still doesn't solve the problem of that subscriber using NAT to put an open wireless hotspot on the IP though.
    Having the IP address at all is unnecessary. Knowledge of the IP address is supplemental at best; mostly, it's a distraction.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2012 4:08pm

Style: MMA/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    don`t worry, that won`t stop us XD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2012 7:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only thing I remember from my 4 years in AZ was that the general population was below the usual level of stupid. I had just moved from NY and my 3rd grade teacher told my parents I was completing math problems to quickly and asked if I could slow down. Actually now that I remember it, it was hilarious watching my parents tear the crap out of that teacher.

If I remember correctly Bill Maher awarded AZ with the stupidest state trophy.

No disrespect to the bullshido members that do live there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 3:41am

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Indian Clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <------- public enemy #1

I know for a fact I will go down in a hail of bullets for trolling some krotty larper from Arizona.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 3:44am

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Indian Clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    If this law became international, the penal system worldwide would have to be privatised and would become the most profitable venture ever. I swear this is the origin story of all those dystopian nightmare books and movies. You know how you see or read these dystopian tales and you think, how in the hell did the world end up like that?

THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF HELL ON EARTH, DYSTOPIA BROUGHT ON THROUGH LEGISLATION AGAINST THE INTERNET MASSES, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS TROLLS!!!

They outlaw saying anything negative and end by cordoning off cities and airlifting the "elite" (those who somehow avoided writing something disagreeable on the internet with money, and those without internet access who have money) to a Utopian city in some awesome mountain setting.

WAKE UP!!!

Now, they will try and be a little less indiscriminate in the interim, which means they will only target certain forums. 4chan will be first they go for because it's fucking 4chan (do I need to draw a schematic, you dumb ****), and I won't speak out, because I am not a member of 4chan. Then they'll go after youtube commenters, cause there is some hateful **** on there, but I won't speak out because I am not a youtube commenter. Then they'll come after Bullshido members and I'll be fucked because there'll be no one left to speak out for me and I've written some **** that could be perceived as negative if you are a fucking idiot.

I WILL NOT GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT, I WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT!
    Calm down bro. You're too old for the Hunger Games and even if you get picked your competition is a bunched of untrained kids.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2012 10:37pm

Style: Wrestling/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry for the necro here.

I live in Arizona, and am contemplating moving back to Texas.

Yes, Arizona has a lot of stupid people, the problem is many of them hold power.
    Example: school principle sees my friend John wearing a Billabong shirt on 420, assumes weed connection and dress codes the kid. Why?...the shirt had the word Bong next to 4 other letters.

Anyone reading this should also know that a majority of people in Gilbert, where I live, consider the trolling law a joke.

.....I hope none of this is offensive to anyone, lest I be prosecuted.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast