--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Is Pitfighting a real style ?

I read about pitfighting in wikipedia , watched some of the pitfighters fights and I found some common elements but really not a lot of them .

So is it really a style and if it is , is it worth to be called like one.
    I mean even in moshpit some moves are the same but it's not a style
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_fighting

:yaoming:

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since it's on wikipedia and youtube, the obvious answer is yes.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You tell me
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    That's the most Krav thing I've ever read. That's Kravver than a ************...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the above Wikipedia link:
    Pit fighting is a martial art developed in the United States from indigenous fighting methods, namely street fighting.
    I would like to know more from our American confreres about your indigenous fighting methods. I find your name for it, "street fighting" intriguing, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tank Abbot mentioned, but his style has been labeled as 'brawler', not 'pit fighter' : /

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it possible that outlaw motorcycle clubs would make guys fight each other? Probably; new recruits have to do any dangerous bullshit that the higher ups say. I hardly think that makes it a martial art, or a good martial art. It just means that some dudes had to brawl and improvise whatever techniques they could. I'm guessing there was lots of hair grabbing + headlocks + haymakers + crappling kind of bullshit.

I'm interested in whether or not Paul Varelan's "Trapfighting" was a real thing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Is it possible that outlaw motorcycle clubs would make guys fight each other? Probably; new recruits have to do any dangerous bullshit that the higher ups say. I hardly think that makes it a martial art, or a good martial art. It just means that some dudes had to brawl and improvise whatever techniques they could. I'm guessing there was lots of hair grabbing + headlocks + haymakers + crappling kind of bullshit.

I'm interested in whether or not Paul Varelan's "Trapfighting" was a real thing.
    and maybe some basic punches and nelson holds maybe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RWaggs View Post
    You tell me
    Holy shnikes. I remember I had this game on Genesis. Ty was a beast

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tank Abbott's "PitFighting" label was dreamt up by promoter Art Davie. It was basically just a marketing ploy. Abbott himself had an extensive wrestling background and several years of boxing training under his belt by the time he started competing (Not to mention loads of streetfighting experience).

Today, PitFighting would just be a self-given title (Think Yves Edwards and "Thugjitsu).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Tank Abbott's "PitFighting" label was dreamt up by promoter Art Davie. It was basically just a marketing ploy. Abbott himself had an extensive wrestling background and several years of boxing training under his belt by the time he started competing (Not to mention loads of streetfighting experience).

Today, PitFighting would just be a self-given title (Think Yves Edwards and "Thugjitsu).
    that would be a really nice explanation

I mean come on Pitfighting is a style ?.... were are the schools ? and besides most indigenous fighting methods of americans(not native) are based on wrestling rather than striking :happy: