Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 11:41am

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    What does this even mean?
    I think there is another thread "opportunity of a lifetime" or something, it may put this thread in a better context.

OP do you have any references to this version of history where TKD existed before the 1905 invasion, being from a KMA background myself I would love to have the opportunity to expand my knowledge

thanks

P

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 11:43am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd think he means 'pissing war' or at least I hope so!

And yes, it does bother me that we lose some good people because of the ill chosen words some use. It is a fine line, though, cutting the crap and rewarding the good isn't easy. Like Omega is a mod who often makes fun of people or insults them if he thinks they are full of ****, however he also encourages kids and old people in his own school and is very helpful. Outside of Noobie some members have a tendency to display their anger and some are rather crude. That said, the purpose of the site is to expose fraud in the martial arts and that tends to hurt peoples' feelings.

Like the history of TKD has been the subject of several threads and before you go there I'd read a lot. In my own studies I've found various beliefs by black belts that are wrong - I don't argue in a Kyokushinkai dojo about the "legends" of the founder. And I don't take it upon myself to tell the 8th dan Hawaiian Kempo teacher that he is full of **** when I'm training under him in Honolulu. His beliefs are his beliefs and it's a good school and if he wants to idolize some of the guys that started the art, so be it. Some were bums, but it's not my place to lecture him or his students.

That good instructors believe in a history that many feel is false doesn't mean that they are bad instructors, it's just that perhaps they don't know or want to know the real story. I happen to read and study history, but what I am getting out of a school is what is important to me. If a school has a good attitude going (no ego tipping chip on shoulder - beating up students etc) and trains hard and sweaty, I tend to like working out there.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 11:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not here to argue facts, You say you know the truth and I say differently. End of story. I'm here to make friends not argue, everyone has their own version of what truth is, I'm not going to argue that fact. It's a waste of both our time... I'm more interested in you what do you like about martial arts, not how tough everyone is.... Lets talk about the thing we are all here to discuss, our love for this art...... Yes I'm a GIRL, I like to think I'm decent at what I do, but like my daddy always said, "you will always find somebody bigger and stronger, never assume you're the best or know everything." So with that, I'm a lover not a fighter... Nice to meet ya.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 11:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    I'd think he means 'pissing war' or at least I hope so!

And yes, it does bother me that we lose some good people because of the ill chosen words some use. It is a fine line, though, cutting the crap and rewarding the good isn't easy. Like Omega is a mod who often makes fun of people or insults them if he thinks they are full of ****, however he also encourages kids and old people in his own school and is very helpful. Outside of Noobie some members have a tendency to display their anger and some are rather crude. That said, the purpose of the site is to expose fraud in the martial arts and that tends to hurt peoples' feelings.

Like the history of TKD has been the subject of several threads and before you go there I'd read a lot. In my own studies I've found various beliefs by black belts that are wrong - I don't argue in a Kyokushinkai dojo about the "legends" of the founder. And I don't take it upon myself to tell the 8th dan Hawaiian Kempo teacher that he is full of **** when I'm training under him in Honolulu. His beliefs are his beliefs and it's a good school and if he wants to idolize some of the guys that started the art, so be it. Some were bums, but it's not my place to lecture him or his students.

That good instructors believe in a history that many feel is false doesn't mean that they are bad instructors, it's just that perhaps they don't know or want to know the real story. I happen to read and study history, but what I am getting out of a school is what is important to me. If a school has a good attitude going (no ego tipping chip on shoulder - beating up students etc) and trains hard and sweaty, I tend to like working out there.
    Dam! I'm already married! But boy do you sound sexy!!!!!! Mahhhhh

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 11:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharabus View Post
    OP do you have any references to this version of history where TKD existed before the 1905 invasion, being from a KMA background myself I would love to have the opportunity to expand my knowledge thanks
    P
    \

Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    Like the history of TKD has been the subject of several threads and before you go there I'd read a lot.
    What I'm trying to say is that what you've been told perhaps is not going to hold up in a history debate, and I wouldn't go there myself, until I'd read up a lot more.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 11:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KSherman View Post
    Dam! I'm already married! But boy do you sound sexy!!!!!! Mahhhhh
    Uh, this is getting a little strange. Or rather a lot strange.

I'm a happily married hetero old fart (that's my grandson in my avatar) but if you are a generou$$ beautiful teenage millionaire FEMALE perhaps you can visit me in Hawaii or at least take us out to some fine restaurants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 12:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, not a teenager, or a millionaire, will not divulge my age,I am however a sweet kentucky chic that likes a guy with a big brain, I like good home cookin, instead of restaurants, speak with a southern draw. And have a love/passion for martial arts. It is a little amusing that everyone assumes I'M A GUY! lol

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 12:13pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TL;DR- Fine with me but keep the sexist rants down to a minimum.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 12:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Define sexist...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 12:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did I make you blush omega???? Southern girls speak their minds and "lady like" is not in our vocabulary....
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast