Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 6:49pm

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes. But it was against a drunk who was barely four feet tall. Probably doesn't count.

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 10:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained Isshinryu for a long while and never had the chance to use it.

Easier question for you: have you ever successly executed the 5-step counter, or any other move you'd like to know the efficacy of, in MMA sparring? If not, why would you think it would work in a real fight?

That was one of the key questions I asked myself that caused me to leave light-contact karate and start training judo and Brazilian jiujitsu.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 12:06am

Style: yellow bamboo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
    Sure TS. I was five years old, walking home from kindergarten. It was a good day, I got to kiss a girl on the lips and I got a gold star for being so damn cool. As I made my way down the block, a couple of thugs came out from the alley way to my right. I could tell these guys were straight up Gs, hardened by years on the streets and rape in the state pen's bathroom. Clearly these 5th graders were hard.

I looked up at them as they stopped and stood in front of me and said "Sup brahs". They looked down at the kindergartner with and said, "Yo cracka, gimme your lunch money fore I beat yo ass like a dirty rug". I replied with a bart Simpson-esque "bite me".

Before I knew it they had rushed me, but before they could even throw a punch I was ready to kick some ass. One of the smaller ones rushed me head on. I quickly side stepped him and threw him on his face just like I had practiced in the dojo. Another came up to me and grabbed my neck, but I quickly broke his grip, locked his arm, and knife handed him in the neck, completely incapacitating him. Finally the biggest one came at me. Rushing in like Brock Lesnar looking for the double leg, and with just about as much force, he asn't ready for what was yet to come. I quickly jumped up and crane kicked him so hard, that it would make Steven Seagal proud and give Randy Couture PTSD flash back to his fight with Machida.

At last, all my opponents lay broken and forlorn before me, and I strode off safe and sound, all because of Itchin' Ryu Krotty.
    ^ low caliber troglodite^

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 12:53am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diducdat? View Post
    ^ low caliber troglodite^
    I liked it, you got better?
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12