Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    5/07/2004 11:39am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There really isn't much to disagree with except the adam and eve version of it all. :D

The rest makes perfect sense, except that it is ridiculous to think that a "western diet" is bad. It is what is in many ways responsible for our life spans (combined with vaccinations and other technology).

There are however some valid criticisms of the sort of papers you posted (i.e. current groups are heavily influenced by modern anthropogenic affects and technology).

MMA Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    5/07/2004 2:19pm

Style: Jazzercise

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Dochter
    There really isn't much to disagree with except the adam and eve version of it all. :D

The rest makes perfect sense, except that it is ridiculous to think that a "western diet" is bad. It is what is in many ways responsible for our life spans (combined with vaccinations and other technology).

There are however some valid criticisms of the sort of papers you posted (i.e. current groups are heavily influenced by modern anthropogenic affects and technology).
    Doch,
    Which western diet?

The French eat radically differently (higher in fat and lower in carbs) than the food pyramid recommends yet are healthier in every respect in spite of the fact they smoke more and drink more.
    This is called the french paradox.

So when you say western diet do you mean a traditional western diet or do you mean the fad known as the low fat food pyramid?

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    5/07/2004 2:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't trust vegitarians...women who don't eat meat...what's up with that ?!?!?!!?

MMA Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    5/07/2004 2:25pm

Style: Jazzercise

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i am strictly vag-itaerian!

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    5/07/2004 3:01pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look at several of the articles on some of the linked to sites. They all talk about a "western diet". Basically I take it to mean whatever they aren't advocating.

Just because we didn't "evolve to" eat particular foods doesn't mean that we shouldn't.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    5/07/2004 3:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by much love
    Doch,
    Which western diet?

The French eat radically differently (higher in fat and lower in carbs) than the food pyramid recommends yet are healthier in every respect in spite of the fact they smoke more and drink more.
    This is called the french paradox.

So when you say western diet do you mean a traditional western diet or do you mean the fad known as the low fat food pyramid?

Food pyramid !! FAH !!!
    Everyone knows its an isosolice triangle !!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123