Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/01/2012 2:50pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    9mm Walther PPQ loaded with 15 rounds of Remington Golden Saber 124gr +P and a Surefire E1B that I carry daily with the pistol. There are plenty of other weapons around, but my chances of needing to grab them are pretty much nil. If my training with my chosen defensive pistol doesn't save me, I'll be dead before I can switch weapons.

I did try the whole Home Defense shotgun idea for a while as well, but found that it took a lot more training than I had time for to train on a third weapon platform. I dedicate enough time to Muay Thai, my job, and my family that it's hard enough just to make time to shoot pistols, so I use the same method I carry for protection for home defense so that the skills I develop translate over directly.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2012 3:06pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    You didn't answer his question: which Ruger model do you intend to buy? What caliber will said modeled be chambered for? Have you budgeted for premium JHP ammunition and spare magazines?

Hell, what do you know about firearms?

EDIT: Are the specs you pasted those of the model you intend to buy?
    The Ruger 10/22 auto reloading target rifle. It'll be chambered for .22 caliber bullets. I am buying spare magazines. No prenium bullets.

I don't know much, but I honestly don't care.

Yes.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    4/01/2012 3:58pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are no less than seven loaded pistols in two safes in my bedroom.

I prefer the .357 for home defense. its loaded with 180 grain buffalo bore jacketed hollow points.

My wife would probably grab her cz75.
    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Posted On:
    4/01/2012 4:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    There are no less than seven loaded pistols in two safes in my bedroom.

I prefer the .357 for home defense. its loaded with 180 grain buffalo bore jacketed hollow points.

My wife would probably grab her cz75.
    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Your wife has excellent taste, scrapper. My experience with the entire CZ-75 line has been EXCELLENT. Very accurate and easy to shoot pistols. I'm not a revolver guy, but if I was it'd be a .357 as well. Perhaps in the future (but I've said that a billion times and still haven't purchased a revolver of my own).
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2012 4:33pm

Style: BJJ, Wrestling, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a swiss army knife and two insanely heavy electric guitars within arms reach of where I sleep.

In all honesty, I don't think I'd have the guts to use a knife, so I wouldn't pull it on anyone. I'm not so squicked by the idea of battering someone with a guitar, though. I've accidentally hit someone with one of them before, and it hurt them, so I think it would be an easy "get the frack away from me" move.

Posted On:
    4/01/2012 4:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    etali,

For the sake of your fingers, I'm glad you wouldn't pull a Swiss Army knife out to fight with.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2012 5:00pm

Style: BJJ, Wrestling, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IMightBeWrong View Post
    etali,

For the sake of your fingers, I'm glad you wouldn't pull a Swiss Army knife out to fight with.
    Good point! I hadn't considered the practicalities, since I wouldn't want to use it anyway. I just looked around and that was the first "damaging" thing I saw. I live in the UK so guns aren't exactly common.

Sadly on the way to the bedroom there's the kitchen and the "weight room", so no matter what door the robber breaks in through, they'd have an opportunity to arm themselves nicely...

Hmm, this thread is making me paranoid.

Posted On:
    4/01/2012 5:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So ditch the U.K. and come over here to a REAL country, where the people are treated like adults. That ought to help with the paranoia. ;)

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    4/01/2012 5:18pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish beast View Post
    I honestly don't know what that is. I saw it on their website, though, since I'm on my phone I copied and pasted the specs:

Catalog Number: K10/22TBBZCP Model Number: 1262 Caliber: .22 LR Capacity: 10 Stock: Black Laminate Material: Stainless Steel Finish: Clear Satin Sights: None Barrel Length: 20.00" Barrel Style: Target Overall Length: 38.50" Length of Pull: 13.75" Weight: 7.50 lbs. Twist: 1:16" RH Grooves: 6 MSRP: $559.00
    Sir, that is a Ruger 10/22. It is not a military pattern rifle. It is hard to reload quickly compared to one. It fires .22LR which is unlikely to incapacitate an assailant unless you shoot him in the face, or dump the 10 round mag center mass into someone which could increase the chances his attorney could make it look like you used excessive force in court.

It is a fine rifle but would be an unorthodox choice for self defense.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2012 5:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    Sir, that is a Ruger 10/22. It is not a military pattern rifle. It is hard to reload quickly compared to one. It fires .22LR which is unlikely to incapacitate an assailant unless you shoot him in the face, or dump the 10 round mag center mass into someone which could increase the chances his attorney could make it look like you used excessive force in court.

It is a fine rifle but would be an unorthodox choice for self defense.
    Can you reccomend a firearm for me then? I'd prefer something that doesn't KILL, but would make them unable to do anything for awhile.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast