Page 1 of 5 12345 Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    109
    Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Self defense 'training'

    I don't know if I, or anyone reading this for that matter, will ever use this, and I hope they don't ever have to. I just got a general idea from an email from someone named Damian Ross and edited it.

    Ok, this is how the 'training', if someone ever breaks your door down goes. Do you have youe bedroom one floor above or below the door, or at the same floor? One floor is ten seconds. At the same floor is five seconds.

    Now, imagine someone breaks down your door, you hear your alarm or something. Take those seconds and find as many useful weapons in your bedroom as you can.

    I have these in my room: Stainless steel sword, cast Iron thing, bamboo pole, hockey stick, 2 dumbells, guitar, flashlight, a whole sh**load of pencils and pens, and I guess I might be able to use my chair.
    Post your results.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    156
    Style
    Wrestling/MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish beast View Post
    I don't know if I, or anyone reading this for that matter, will ever use this, and I hope they don't ever have to. I just got a general idea from an email from someone named Damian Ross and edited it.

    Ok, this is how the 'training', if someone ever breaks your door down goes. Do you have youe bedroom one floor above or below the door, or at the same floor? One floor is ten seconds. At the same floor is five seconds.

    Now, imagine someone breaks down your door, you hear your alarm or something. Take those seconds and find as many useful weapons in your bedroom as you can.

    I have these in my room: Stainless steel sword, cast Iron thing, bamboo pole, hockey stick, 2 dumbells, guitar, flashlight, a whole sh**load of pencils and pens, and I guess I might be able to use my chair.
    Post your results.

    My brother's OKS knife he gave me hangs above my bed. I have my mosin-nagant (7.62x54R) next to my bed, and ammo close by (out of reach of children lol). Various pens and pencils....my antique knife collection, some heavy text books, pictures with glass frames. (except for the one of me and Dan Severn....that **** is staying on my wall). A signed Tommy Lasorda glass bottle. A german beerstein. A railroad spike with my name ingraved in it. A minature metal statue of Don Quixote. For my last items, the various animal heads on my walls.

    Any of these things can be grabbed in 5 seconds. Also, if I have 5 seconds, why not dial 911, put it on speaker and fight the guy while telling details of my location and situation to a LEO? I don't have to bash the guy's skull in, or slit his throat to stop the attack, only restrain the sterotypical skimask wearing bad guy that Damien Ross seems to favor long enough for my friends in Blue to arrive.



    PS....IMO, Damien Ross is a fraud. You can't learn magical moves through internet videos and DVDs that will make you better than an actual martial artist. Damien teaches t3h D34dl3y....watch out everyone.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    109
    Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's actually a good idea, but if he has a knife, I'm not taking chances. I don't have a lock on the door to my bedroom, either.

    I know Damian Ross is a fraud. I signed up for his street fighting uncaged thing about a month before I started training at a mcdojo, but I started using another email once I got another phone. So I never really unsubscribed, and when I went to my old phone I saw the email that gave me this idea. But yeah, now I take a different martial art.

    Back on topic, it's also just nice to know how many weapons are in my room. I don't really know why, doesn't make me feel protected or strong, guess it's just fun.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    156
    Style
    Wrestling/MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish beast View Post
    That's actually a good idea, but if he has a knife, I'm not taking chances. I don't have a lock on the door to my bedroom, either.

    I know Damian Ross is a fraud. I signed up for his street fighting uncaged thing about a month before I started training at a mcdojo, but I started using another email once I got another phone. So I never really unsubscribed, and when I went to my old phone I saw the email that gave me this idea. But yeah, now I take a different martial art.

    Back on topic, it's also just nice to know how many weapons are in my room. I don't really know why, doesn't make me feel protected or strong, guess it's just fun.
    If the attacker has a knife, and is in your home, and you worry about this sort of thing...and firearms are legal for private ownership where you live, buy a handgun, keep a mag in the weapon and a round in the chamber. Keep this under your pillow. A bullet's speed nullifies the "5-10 seconds" thing. Improvised weapons are, in my opinion, a last resort.


    Remember your 6 P's Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. If this sort of thing(home invasion) worries you, prepare for it. Common sense really.

  5. #5
    slamdunc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,333
    Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glock 23 with the mag topped-off and one in the chamber; the night-sights are extra peace of mind. For all other information, see Clinchfighter's quote below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinchfighter View Post
    A bullet's speed nullifies the "5-10 seconds" thing. Improvised weapons are, in my opinion, a last resort.
    If I were to miss with all 14 rounds, then I have an improvised weapon, I will beat the bad guy with the Glock and as a finale, throw it at him.

  6. #6
    Wounded Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,879
    Style
    German longsword, .45 ACP
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish beast View Post
    I don't know if I, or anyone reading this for that matter, will ever use this, and I hope they don't ever have to. I just got a general idea from an email from someone named Damian Ross and edited it.

    Ok, this is how the 'training', if someone ever breaks your door down goes. Do you have youe bedroom one floor above or below the door, or at the same floor? One floor is ten seconds. At the same floor is five seconds.

    Now, imagine someone breaks down your door, you hear your alarm or something. Take those seconds and find as many useful weapons in your bedroom as you can.

    I have these in my room: Stainless steel sword, cast Iron thing, bamboo pole, hockey stick, 2 dumbells, guitar, flashlight, a whole sh**load of pencils and pens, and I guess I might be able to use my chair.
    Post your results.
    What? If you're even thinking about this why don't you get a real weapon? Do you think someone will conduct a home invasion (as opposed to a burglary) without a firearm?

    EDIT: Longarm, sidearm, and mags ready to go are my results.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    109
    Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because I'm buying a Ruger next week. Already planned it bro.

  8. #8
    Wounded Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,879
    Style
    German longsword, .45 ACP
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish beast View Post
    Because I'm buying a Ruger next week. Already planned it bro.
    Sweet! Longarm or sidearm?

    Not that I'm an expert or anything, but it seems to me that a longarm is preferable if you have a good chance of being able to shoot downwards, i.e. from the top of the stairs, since your overpenetrating rounds will go into the ground. A Ruger Mini 14 would be very usable for that purpose.

    If you live in a single story house or apartment, or if there's a good chance that you'll have to shoot horizontally, that would call for a sidearm due to concerns about overpenetration. Even if you hit your man, how can you possibly tell where a rifle round would go after it blows out his back and goes through your wall?
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    109
    Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I honestly don't know what that is. I saw it on their website, though, since I'm on my phone I copied and pasted the specs:

    Catalog Number: K10/22TBBZCP Model Number: 1262 Caliber: .22 LR Capacity: 10 Stock: Black Laminate Material: Stainless Steel Finish: Clear Satin Sights: None Barrel Length: 20.00" Barrel Style: Target Overall Length: 38.50" Length of Pull: 13.75" Weight: 7.50 lbs. Twist: 1:16" RH Grooves: 6 MSRP: $559.00

  10. #10
    Robstafarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,822
    Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You didn't answer his question: which Ruger model do you intend to buy? What caliber will said modeled be chambered for? Have you budgeted for premium JHP ammunition and spare magazines?

    Hell, what do you know about firearms?

    EDIT: Are the specs you pasted those of the model you intend to buy?

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO