Registered Member

Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 12:19pm

Style: TSD, Karate & Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I'm a second Dan, over 30 and got 10+ years practicing the MA. Do I qualify for a Bachelor or at least an Associates? :tongue:

I love the fact that they comply with the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 when they're in Phoenix, AZ.

Where do I sign up?
    Last edited by kitkatninja; 3/30/2012 12:20pm at . Reason: Formatting & spelling

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 1:36pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Instructor Certifications -
    Certification as Senior Instructor ($75) in (System): ___________________________________ $______
    Certification as Master Instructor ($100) in (System): __________________________________ $_______
    Certification as Senior Master Instructor ($125) in (System): _____________________________ $______

Examiner Certifications
    Certification as Senior Examiner ($75) in (System): ____________________________________ $______
    Certification as Master Examiner ($100) in (System): ___________________________________ $______
    Certification as Senior Master Examiner ($125) in (System): ____________________________ $_______

Title Certifications
    Certification as Founder, Grandmaster, etc. ($150) in (System): __________________________ $______
    Certification as Renshi, Kyoshi, or Master, etc. ($100) in (System): ________________________ $______

Rank Promotions -
    Shodan (1st Dan) - $100.00 ___
    Nidan (2nd Dan) - $125.00 ___
    Sandan (3rd Dan) - $150.00 ___
    Yondan (4th Dan) - $175.00 ___
    Godan (5th Dan) - $200.00 ___
    Rokudan (6th Dan) - $225.00 ___
    Shichidan (7th Dan) - $250.00 ___
    Hachidan (8th Dan) - $300.00 ___
    Kudan (9th Dan) - $350.00 ___
    Judan (10th Dan) - $400.00 ___

Does the fee structure resemble this, http://wwmaa.org/members.htm#2, to anyone else? It is funny to me that this guy does a "copy and paste" of another organization's fee structure that is questionable per investigation by this forum.

And in the Kenpo community(at least in my branch of the tree) Marek is considered a joke and his lineage has been questioned by a few of the Kenpo Seniors.

Still, it does make for a good laugh.

Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 9:28am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been getting emails from the illustrious Dr. Marek for several months now, letting me know that time is running out for me to apply for my rank promotion/title certification, but I got one yesterday that made me laugh:
    "Gurjot Singh Receives Grand PhD and 8th Degree Black Sash"

Hello Ed

The Board of Regents congratulates Grand Master Gurjot Singh, a 40-year Martial Arts veteran and retired US Army Ranger, to his Grand PhD in Martial Arts and he his promotion to 8th degree Black Sash in Internal Pugilism

Grand Master Singh is a retired Army veteran and holds a Master's Degree in Education from Troy University.

He is also the author of "The Art of Western Tai Chi Ch'uan" which is available on Amazon.

Click here to read the book reviews...

Again, CONGRATULATIONS and WELCOME to the US Grand Masters Council.

CLICK HERE for more information about how you can get your promotion

Talk to you soon,
    Dr Ron
    Ron Marek, PhD
    (Business Administration - 2001)
    480-456-4700

P.S. Remember to download your application here
    Some of you may remember Gurjot Singh from this thread, where he talked about the rigorous vetting he received by the World Martial Arts College. Apparently belonging to only one pay and play organization wasn't enough.

pro nonsense self defense

Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Champion

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 11:30am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone else happen to notice that the International University San Diego is located in Phoenix, Arizona?

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 11:38am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Black Sash in Internal Pugilism
    Wait... so... he can fight people with his kidneys?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 12:40pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyCorpus View Post
    Numerous Korean universities offer TKD as a major or minor, other than that, dunno...
    That's a completely different type of program, and those guys usually end up some of the top practitioners of the art. They bust their asses for four or more years, take classes in nutrition, kinesiology, etc. It's similar to any sort of focused physical education degree in the US, centered on a given sport. Yongin University offers degrees in Taekwondo, Yudo, Hapgido, etc.

It's not comparison to this bullshit.

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 2:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Starting Over... Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    That's a completely different type of program, and those guys usually end up some of the top practitioners of the art. They bust their asses for four or more years, take classes in nutrition, kinesiology, etc. It's similar to any sort of focused physical education degree in the US, centered on a given sport. Yongin University offers degrees in Taekwondo, Yudo, Hapgido, etc.

It's not comparison to this bullshit.
    How many PhDs are members of this site? Perhaps we need s scholarly committee to create the guidelines by which we say "Your Degree is Bullshit".

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/28/2014 6:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Kudo / Kyokushin / FFS

Hell yeah! Hell no!

International University San Diego

The other day I happen to come across the FaceBook site of the Bujinkan Melbourne Dojo (https://www.facebook.com/bujinkanmelbourne) and what do I see but a picture of a Doctorate and spiel a on how and why he was given this award.

Seeing this I did a quick Google saw this and a few other threads also the PDF of the "Doctorate" fees and promptly pasted links and possibly a few disparaging comments on what type of Martial Artist would try to pass of this type of thing to his students. I was Hoping for at least one bit of hate mail, but no my post was just deleted.

I was hoping that a few Bullshido members would like to post a comment or two on this frauds site.
    "All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
    - Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

This forum is getting downright retarded.
    - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2014 2:05am

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyCorpus View Post
    Numerous Korean universities offer TKD as a major or minor, other than that, dunno...
    Yeah but in Korea you can also be a national hero for being awesome at Starcraft... They have a unique perspective on what qualifies as a valuable skill.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first Group1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/29/2014 12:07pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post
    Yeah but in Korea you can also be a national hero for being awesome at Starcraft... They have a unique perspective on what qualifies as a valuable skill.
    What's wrong with Starcraft? You know how much **** you have to keep up with to play competitively? The old strat of Zerg rushing doesn't work anymore
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast