Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 12:25pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I kick pretty hard off my lead leg. It is not instant death but still.
    I do know a guy who does a cross between a round kick and a cresent kick off the front leg.

Does anybdy kick out the calf?
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 3/30/2012 12:30pm at .
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 12:58pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you fight JKD style with your strong leg being your lead then I would think you could generate some real power.
    Dr. Fagbot Q. MacGillicuddy, PhD's Avatar

You are in a lot of trouble.

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 2:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Twirling Foot Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When some karate or boxer guy stands totally sideways with his legs far apart, I like this kick to the inner leg to set up punching combos. Snap it in there and slap someone just above the knee and see if their guard doesn't open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    FORM AN ACROBATIC BRIDGE ACROSS OMEGA'S GOOCH
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Bleep bleep blip bloop

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 2:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Actually it never occurred to me to throw it higher than the leg, I only had seen it done as a low kick. So higher as a body kick or face would be better??
    I'm a stiff old man, and can't kick anywhere near that high, but my kid is really crafty with sneaking it in to the jaw with decent power.

1:17

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=357726174243377
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=357726174243377
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 3:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not every strike has to be a "power hit" in sparring. Unless you subscribe to the one-hit one-kill mentality. The lead leg roundhouse is a great setup. Similar to the jab. I don't see many people getting knocked out with a jab.

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 4:13pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     The Traditional Dojo eMag Style: Karate (Goju Ryu)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lead leg mawashi geri to the inside thigh is very effective in weakening the opponent. It's fast so they don't see it coming. To the face or head would take a lot more speed but would certainly be a surprise opening up for another attack. I've been on the receiving end usually but working on it using it myself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2012 9:29am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (Quote thing isn't working.)
    I kick pretty hard off my lead leg. It is not instant death but still.

I do know a guy who does a cross between a round kick and a cresent kick off the front leg.

That's something like what I do. I raise my leg, turn it right ways (I fight right leg forward), circle it to the left and kick. I like the regular round house though, because I want ro use 'proper' form in my kick. This just helps generate more power. I kick the upper thigh or lower body.
    Last edited by Polish beast; 4/01/2012 9:32am at .

Posted On:
    4/03/2012 3:07am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fagbot Q. MacGillicuddy, PhD View Post
    When some karate or boxer guy stands totally sideways with his legs far apart, I like this kick to the inner leg to set up punching combos. Snap it in there and slap someone just above the knee and see if their guard doesn't open.
    I like it for this too against someone in the same stance. Inside leg kick as they step forward followed by a straight. The kick opens their guard right up no matter how tight they usually are and often throws off their balance too which they need in order to attack.

Against someone in the opposite stance i used to use it like Kintanon does but i found good fighters made me pay for over-using it.

These days on the rare opportunity i get to do MMA sparring i go to the head with it unswitched mid-combo or while retreating and I land it more often than not. Powerwise it is fine, i've unintentionally dropped other fighters with it while wearing shinpads.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Posted On:
    4/03/2012 4:17am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    I like it for this too against someone in the same stance. Inside leg kick as they step forward followed by a straight. The kick opens their guard right up no matter how tight they usually are and often throws off their balance too which they need in order to attack.

Against someone in the opposite stance i used to use it like Kintanon does but i found good fighters made me pay for over-using it.

These days on the rare opportunity i get to do MMA sparring i go to the head with it unswitched mid-combo or while retreating and I land it more often than not. Powerwise it is fine, i've unintentionally dropped other fighters with it while wearing shinpads.
    I like it as a liver shot , waiting for him to come in with a cross i lean to the right away from the punch and kick his midsection. if he fired a good cross he twisted his body and the kick really really hurts. Its best practiced with a midsection shield belt thing on the attacker. He comes in with a jab cross combo in a free moving set and you try to time it. When you wear the belt and if he times it just right you will see that it hurts. The only drawback is in MMA , he may catch it and drop you, so learn your bjj.

Posted On:
    4/03/2012 6:19am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    I like it as a liver shot , waiting for him to come in with a cross i lean to the right away from the punch and kick his midsection. if he fired a good cross he twisted his body and the kick really really hurts. Its best practiced with a midsection shield belt thing on the attacker. He comes in with a jab cross combo in a free moving set and you try to time it. When you wear the belt and if he times it just right you will see that it hurts. The only drawback is in MMA , he may catch it and drop you, so learn your bjj.
    I use that trick with my rear kick (souhpaw), its a good counter if you time it right.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast