Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/29/2012 9:46am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherDaniel View Post
    gumshields are all we use. if you get hit in the face its tough dog mess.

for me wearing a head guard made me feel comfy about getting hit in the face, and thats not what i require so i don't wear one when sparring
    Really? comfortable getting hit in the face? wow...i guess we are made of different material..or maybe you conditioned your nose. Or..you guys don't hit as hard, also an option. Dude if i was not to wear my head gear in class, any class even a class with just controlled sparring (technique training), i would still come out with black eyes and bruises. But i guess it is just crappy boxing..we don't even kick what do we know about fighting, we are not Asian movie stars.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2012 9:50am

Style: Wing Chun Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I beg your pardon? What?

So your answer to the question "Why -ing -un guys don't have any video record of them vanquishing their foes?", is because they're all nice guys?

Aren't you the same guy who stated that you would punch the drunk guy in the Ryan Hall video/thread if he stuck his face close to yours like he did with Mr. Hall?

Please go look up the term "cognitive dissonance".
    yes that was me that would of punched the drunk guy. his approach was mental in my opinon but i do admire is paintence.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2012 9:51am

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Really? comfortable getting hit in the face? wow...i guess we are made of different material..or maybe you conditioned your nose. Or..you guys don't hit as hard, also an option. Dude if i was not to wear my head gear in class, any class even a class with just controlled sparring (technique training), i would still come out with black eyes and bruises. But i guess it is just crappy boxing..we don't even kick what do we know about fighting, we are not Asian movie stars.
    dont forget he conditions his face by punching it!

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115576

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2012 9:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    yes a headguard made me comfy about getting hit, thats not a skill im looking for, for my training.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    3/29/2012 9:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    terrible lazy reply.
    I could write a long reply on how hard training isn't about achievement, belts or becoming a pro it's about testing yourself in physically, mentally and emotionally challenging way.

You're statement about not everyone becoming an MMA fighter is such a a "wow" statement that it shows you don't have the necessary experience to understand hard training.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2012 9:56am

Style: FormerShotokan,Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes a headguard made me comfy about getting hit, thats not a skill im looking for, for my training.
    If you do spar regularly, you should consider wearing it. Sparring too often without headgear can lead to longterm brain-damage (use the search function, there was a link to a study here).

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    3/29/2012 9:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nils View Post
    If you do spar regularly, you should consider wearing it. Sparring too often without headgear can lead to longterm brain-damage (use the search function, there was a link to a study here).
    Not with Wing chun sparring, it's so safe you can do it with out head gear.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/29/2012 10:01am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's one questioned answered: nobody you train with knows how to strike.

Last edited by ermghoti; 3/29/2012 10:11am at .
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2012 10:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nils View Post

your most likely correct.

Posted On:
    3/29/2012 10:02am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you walk around all bruised up on a weekly basis..that is the only other option. And; "I punch my own face, i know its not the same as taking a hit from a punch but still its conditioning of some sort. and sparring of course." It seems like you try to feel comfy about getting hit in the face so much so that you breech your on defense by hitting yourself.
    It sound like you think boxers (ones that train with a head guard) feel comfy about getting hit in the head and or face and that one can understand that boxers basically have a bad defense and habits. Is that what you imply?
Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast