225249 Bullies, 3854 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 51 to 60 of 562
Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23456 789101656 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. BrotherDaniel is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    153

    Posted On:
    3/29/2012 9:24am


     Style: Wing Chun Kuen

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol @ goju
  2. BrotherDaniel is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    153

    Posted On:
    3/29/2012 9:27am


     Style: Wing Chun Kuen

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Do you guys spar with some protective equipment? like a head gear? i remember sparring with a few chunners and they didnt like it rough. They actually thought i was a bit of a douche to strike them a little rough on the head. I guess what im saying is that slappy kitty sparring is not exactly sparring. IMO if you don't feel the need to put on a head gear and you don't look like a rape victim the next day after 6 or 7 rounds of sparring than it isn't sparring right.
    gumshields are all we use. if you get hit in the face its tough dog mess.

    for me wearing a head guard made me feel comfy about getting hit in the face, and thats not what i require so i dont wear one when sparring
  3. jnp is offline
    jnp's Avatar

    Titanium laced beauty

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,230

    Posted On:
    3/29/2012 9:29am

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherDaniel View Post
    lol @ goju
    So, you don't think that the lack of video evidence of -ing -un being used in a real life situation versus the preponderance of video evidence of sport combat arts being used successfully on the "street" detracts from -ing -un's purported efficacy?
    Shut the hell up and train.
  4. Goju - Joe is offline
    Goju - Joe's Avatar

    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,856

    Posted On:
    3/29/2012 9:29am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherDaniel View Post
    gumshields are all we use. if you get hit in the face its tough dog mess.

    for me wearing a head guard made me feel comfy about getting hit in the face, and thats not what i require so i dont wear one when sparring
    I think you're liar.
  5. BrotherDaniel is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    153

    Posted On:
    3/29/2012 9:31am


     Style: Wing Chun Kuen

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    So, you don't think that the lack of video evidence of -ing -un being used in a real life situation versus the preponderance of video evidence of sport combat arts being used successfully on the "street" detracts from -ing -un's purported efficacy?
    streets fights generally are not the enviroment for awesome footage captured
  6. nils is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    194

    Posted On:
    3/29/2012 9:32am


     Style: FormerShotokan,Kickboxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @BrotherDaniel: The problem is that many here have seen Wing Chung practitioners claiming to spar (and win) with practitioners of other styles in an alive way, but always had to find out that what they did was mostly half-assed point sparring or major larping.
    Please accept the fact that many practitioners of Wing Chung are underwhelming in that respect and that in turn such claimes are met with a dose of scepticism.

    So, if you really are training in the way you claim, please take a video of it. I would really like to see a bit of Wing Chun that doesn´t suck.
  7. BrotherDaniel is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    153

    Posted On:
    3/29/2012 9:32am


     Style: Wing Chun Kuen

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe View Post
    I think you're liar.
    my feelings are hurt Goju
  8. Goju - Joe is offline
    Goju - Joe's Avatar

    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,856

    Posted On:
    3/29/2012 9:32am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherDaniel View Post
    streets fights generally are not the enviroment for awesome footage captured
    Or any when it comes to Wing chun
  9. BrotherDaniel is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    153

    Posted On:
    3/29/2012 9:34am


     Style: Wing Chun Kuen

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nils View Post
    @BrotherDaniel: The problem is that many here have seen Wing Chung practitioners claiming to spar (and win) with practitioners of other styles in an alive way, but always had to find out that what they did was mostly half-assed point sparring or major larping.
    Please accept the fact that many practitioners of Wing Chung are underwhelming in that respect and that in turn such claimes are met with a dose of scepticism.

    So, if you really are training in the way you claim, please take a video of it. I would really like to see a bit of Wing Chun that doesn´t suck.
    ive been agreeing with that since my 1st post on this forum.

    The disease of wing chun is 95% of people dont train hard and they expect results based on they have been told the system is awesome.
  10. jnp is offline
    jnp's Avatar

    Titanium laced beauty

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,230

    Posted On:
    3/29/2012 9:35am

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherDaniel View Post
    streets fights generally are not the enviroment for awesome footage captured
    Way to dodge the question. Despite your statement, there are plenty of videos out there of sport combat arts being used in street fights where the footage is awesome enough to see what's going on in the fight.
    Shut the hell up and train.
Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23456 789101656 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.