Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 1:08am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabe View Post
    There are many players in all over the world and they are world champions and i like shung win and this is very fast and active player.
    I have absolutely no idea what you are saying but dammit, you are special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 2:38am

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are many players in all over the world and they are world champions and i like shung win and this is very fast and active player.
    I think shung win = wing Chun
    I think 'fast and active player' = fast and effective style

I'm not sure if 'players all over the world' means styles or fighters. Either way I have no god damned idea what this means.

I think the take away is, once again another retard is coming to the defense of wing Chun.

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 11:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *Gets out tape-recorder. Reads above into it. Plays result in reverse.*

Okay NOW you're making perfect sense...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 11:47am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I have absolutely no idea what you are saying but dammit, you are special.
    Sounds like a bot to me... engage it in conversation and you'll be unwittingly funding a pop-up Chun school in Nairobi before you know it.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 12:22pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Salutions, Good Friend;

I am Prince Mbutu Nagawe, hair to the Chair of Kings of Nigeria, please reply back post hastedly for Kemetic King Chun secrets. 100000000$US sell vitamins onlie

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 3:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo_Brown View Post
    There's plenty of good MMA gyms where I live in Portland,OR but I'm not a fan of the tough guy, brawler attitude of most the guys that train at them have. I've looked in to Shorinji Kempo as well as various styles of Kung Fu to supplement striking. Do you or anyone have any suggestions?

I haven't seen "Tough guy brawler attitudes" at any decent combat sports academy. I've seen it at "traditional" schools. But since combat sports actually spar and there is always someone better than the next person there seems to be a natural check against assholery. I actually find that the more competitive an academy is the less actual testosterone driven BS there is. That's my own experience though, someone else may disagree.

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 4:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    THIS.
    I always wondered about this...normal people say I train(ed) *enter style*.
    Wannabe asians always ''STUDIED an art''.
    Why is that?
    You study at Uni to become a lawyer, doctor or whatever.
    You practise a style.
    Why so pompous?
    You think I want to be Asian because I used the word studied instead of trained?

And you call me pompous? Get over yourself. If it will help you sleep better tonight, here's a redo: I trained in wing chun for about two years. You ok now?

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 4:47pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    I haven't seen "Tough guy brawler attitudes" at any decent combat sports academy. I've seen it at "traditional" schools. But since combat sports actually spar and there is always someone better than the next person there seems to be a natural check against assholery. I actually find that the more competitive an academy is the less actual testosterone driven BS there is. That's my own experience though, someone else may disagree.
    We have two new threads with those safe, nice, honorable and non mma tough guy TMAers.

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 6:56pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    That's my experience too. I do, however, understand that if someone were to peer into a class and see the participants, they might get that impression. But the reason for that is they are looking at people that are strong, fit and competitive. Were they to actually join the class and talk, without their ego, with the people in the class, more often than not they would find that most combat sportists are top blokes/chicks.

The problem might arise when they go to a class and are paired with the tough guy n00b who has come to claim he has trained in [insert combat sport here]. Assumptions confirmed about big ego tough guy doing the [insert combat sport here]. Problem is we rarely see either the TMAer or the big ego tough guy ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 7:01pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    That's my experience too. I do, however, understand that if someone were to peer into a class and see the participants, they might get that impression. But the reason for that is they are looking at people that are strong, fit and competitive. Were they to actually join the class and talk, without their ego, with the people in the class, more often than not they would find that most combat sportists are top blokes/chicks.
    This would be true if these people actually visited a class. A large portion of these "posters" are basing this off of their instructor's words or watching TUF.

The problem might arise when they go to a class and are paired with the tough guy n00b who has come to claim he has trained in [insert combat sport here]. Assumptions confirmed about big ego tough guy doing the [insert combat sport here]. Problem is we rarely see either the TMAer or the big ego tough guy ever again.
    True, but I've seen this exact scenario play out in TMA schools.