223752 Bullies, 3826 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 531 to 540 of 562
Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354 555657 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,222

    Posted On:
    11/19/2012 1:01am

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh it was. The collective national guilt was crippling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

    You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
  2. Budo_Brown is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon- United States
    Posts
    166

    Posted On:
    11/19/2012 2:00am


     Style: Kyokushin Karate

    -3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    Sounds rough.
    I never used the term rough, hard, or anything of the nature. Forget about where I lived or how "rough" it is deemed. The point is I have a fair amount of actual fighting. Not sport or in a ring. I'm not claiming to be some sort of tough guy so please please don't overreact everyone. I don't need a bunch of smart ass remarks regarding how tough I think I am. I don't think I'm better or more hardcore than anyone. I just know myself abd what I am capable of when push comes to shove. I've been in situations that sucked and I had to fight. Period. It wasn't cool. I'm not bragging. It just it what it is. FYI ... I didn't grow up privileged. The army paid for the move. We lived in an apartment. We didn't live on base.
  3. BJMills is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    454

    Posted On:
    11/19/2012 3:19am


     Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo_Brown View Post
    I never used the term rough, hard, or anything of the nature. Forget about where I lived or how "rough" it is deemed. The point is I have a fair amount of actual fighting. Not sport or in a ring. I'm not claiming to be some sort of tough guy so please please don't overreact everyone. I don't need a bunch of smart ass remarks regarding how tough I think I am. I don't think I'm better or more hardcore than anyone. I just know myself abd what I am capable of when push comes to shove. I've been in situations that sucked and I had to fight. Period. It wasn't cool. I'm not bragging. It just it what it is. FYI ... I didn't grow up privileged. The army paid for the move. We lived in an apartment. We didn't live on base.
    Unless you're incredibly naive you have to be aware that going onto a martial arts forum and opening with a reference to your 'rough past' and many 'street fights' is bound to set more than a few bullshit detectors ringing. It's probably the oldest and least credible trope in the book.

    Adding to that is the above post where you tell us on the one hand, forget you ever mentioned it, but on the other just accept that you can 'handle' yourself because of it.

    It's one or the other, you don't get to have it both ways.

    To address your original post, judo is good wing Chun is bad. Anything that trains without a fully resisting opponent is pretty much worthless. If you want a good striking art to compliment your judo try boxing, on top of being highly effective it is relatively cheap to learn. And if you really need some philosophy to go with it watch some old Ali tapes.
  4. Azatdawn is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lower Franconia
    Posts
    972

    Posted On:
    11/19/2012 3:44am


     Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo_Brown View Post
    I never used the term rough, hard, or anything of the nature. Forget about where I lived or how "rough" it is deemed. The point is I have a fair amount of actual fighting. Not sport or in a ring. I'm not claiming to be some sort of tough guy so please please don't overreact everyone. I don't need a bunch of smart ass remarks regarding how tough I think I am. I don't think I'm better or more hardcore than anyone. I just know myself abd what I am capable of when push comes to shove. I've been in situations that sucked and I had to fight. Period. It wasn't cool. I'm not bragging. It just it what it is. FYI ... I didn't grow up privileged. The army paid for the move. We lived in an apartment. We didn't live on base.
    Where exactly did you live? Which city?
  5. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,955

    Posted On:
    11/19/2012 8:30am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo_Brown View Post
    I never used the term rough, hard, or anything of the nature. Forget about where I lived or how "rough" it is deemed. The point is I have a fair amount of actual fighting. Not sport or in a ring. I'm not claiming to be some sort of tough guy so please please don't overreact everyone. I don't need a bunch of smart ass remarks regarding how tough I think I am. I don't think I'm better or more hardcore than anyone. I just know myself abd what I am capable of when push comes to shove. I've been in situations that sucked and I had to fight. Period. It wasn't cool. I'm not bragging. It just it what it is. FYI ... I didn't grow up privileged. The army paid for the move. We lived in an apartment. We didn't live on base.
    How many times did you reference your upbringing; unsolicited? Do you notice how you are ASSUMING people are implying things and creating another tangent? Who exactly said you were "privileged?"

    We'll pretend you have said nothing "smartassed" yourself.

    So, if you didn't want it referenced you shouldn't use it, or your college communications courses, as appeals to authority.


    Go introduce yourself in newbietown, describe your martial art background, describe what you want in a MA and then read ALL of the rules with your handle. It'll make posting easier for you..
  6. Prone is offline
    Prone's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    927

    Posted On:
    11/19/2012 9:53am


     Style: BJJ / Kyokushinkai Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    Sounds rough.
    Well, it can be - in certain areas. But that's the same everywhere on this planet.
  7. Azatdawn is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lower Franconia
    Posts
    972

    Posted On:
    11/19/2012 9:55am


     Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prone View Post
    Well, it can be - in certain areas. But that's the same everywhere on this planet.
    That's what I've heard.
  8. Budo_Brown is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon- United States
    Posts
    166

    Posted On:
    11/19/2012 11:35am


     Style: Kyokushin Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    How many times did you reference your upbringing; unsolicited? Do you notice how you are ASSUMING people are implying things and creating another tangent? Who exactly said you were "privileged?"

    We'll pretend you have said nothing "smartassed" yourself.

    So, if you didn't want it referenced you shouldn't use it, or your college communications courses, as appeals to authority.


    Go introduce yourself in newbietown, describe your martial art background, describe what you want in a MA and then read ALL of the rules with your handle. It'll make posting easier for you..

    Thanks for the advice. I'll make the intro post soon.
  9. Larry Kansas is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    KC, KS
    Posts
    3

    Posted On:
    12/17/2012 3:48pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Krav Maga

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    And a master gymnast should also be a good fighter, if for no other reason than his physical conditioning. Something wing chun tends to lack.

    I studied wc for about two years and noticed how everyone except a select few of us who worked out on our own slowly got fatter and fatter.
    Looking at pictures on their school website is looking like someone used the Fattify app each person. It's hilarious.

    They talked about how their true wc would end a fight quickly so they didn't emphasize fitness.
  10. BJMills is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    454

    Posted On:
    12/17/2012 4:53pm


     Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Kansas View Post
    I studied wc for about two years and noticed how everyone except a select few of us who worked out on our own slowly got fatter and fatter.
    Looking at pictures on their school website is looking like someone used the Fattify app each person. It's hilarious.

    They talked about how their true wc would end a fight quickly so they didn't emphasize fitness.
    True wing Chun will end a fight quickly, just don't expect the Chunner to be on the winning side of it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.