Administrator

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 3:34pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RWaggs View Post
    I can't believe I engaged in a troll job. Aha, I will say I don't understand why people continue to engage him!
    Fixed.
    It is okay everyone gets fooled by a chunfail at some point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 3:34pm

Style: PMA, CLF, Longfist n more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchun guy View Post
    That may be so, but when you throw out that first strike, the wing chun practitioner will trap that are, step in and beat the living **** out of you. You'll be the one KTFO'D.
    You are tiresome. Do you have any live sparring videos proving me wrong? Preferably with YOU demonstrating proper technique in a successful manner? I'll go back to my story (page twenty-something) of taking a right hook to the back of the head. If what you said is true, then why did I, and not my sparring partner not take brunt of the hit? I hit him with a perfectly good straight blast after registering and blocking his left cross with an upper bong sau. Why did the fight stop? because the theory you just outlined is straight ass.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 3:35pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is an Elephant.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 3:36pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are a "wing chun" practitioner, then why are you arguing with me? Apparently you are more of a BJJ practitioner then a wing chun practitioner.
    Because Wing Chun has enough problems without douch-nozzles like you making it look worse that it already does. You have made a ****-ton of claims and haven't backed a single one of them up. For example, you said that Wing Chun "is designed" to handle grapplers. Can you explain that a little? How exactly does wing chun prepare you to fight a grappler?

Furthermore, your comments demonstrate you don't even have a remote conception of what actual fighting entails.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 3:45pm

Style: traditonal wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I already explained this and i'm going over it again.

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 3:51pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I already explained this and i'm going over it again.
    And you'll still be wrong by the end of it. Go spar hard with someone who actually trains a live art, get it on video, post it and discuss. If you do well, I for one would be more than willing to discuss the merits of chunnery as a reasonable fighting art. But if all you can do is come back and bitch about how you couldn't poke them in the eye or kick them in the groin or bite off their pinky then you have nothing to say; you live in a dream world and have two options: continue to dream peacefully but shut your damn cock-pocket. The other option is to look at your art and maybe realize that the failure is not completely yours, but your art's as well. I know you've spent years throwing money down a hole and that's hard to admit, but in the mean time here's some light reading for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choice-supportive_bias
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mere_exposure_effect
    Last edited by wetware; 4/09/2012 4:00pm at .

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 4:08pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In wing chun in order to see our opponents movements coming we relie on watching the lead elbow and lead knee. When throwing a straight punch, the elbow travels at half the speed of the fist, allow us to see the punch coming. In a hook, it is even slower, up to 4times slower than the fist, allowing us to see it coming and stop it. It is basically the same principle in kicks. When your opponent throws a front kick with the lead leg, his knee travels at half the speed. In a round house, it's 4 times slower. If he kicks off the back leg, still watch the front leg because his knee will move (twist) to the movement. It takes some practice but this is a very efficient way to keep an eye on your opponent and what his intentions are.
    This completely ignored my post. Do you dispute or agree with my 1st point? It's important because I made the claim therefore the burden of proof is on me if you do not concede the initial point.

I am relatively anonymous and have not presented any credentials on this site. (they are unimpressive anyway) Therefore my posts must stand on there own and I am trying hard to stick to that standard. Please help me in this attempt.

Finally we were talking about sensitivity when in contact, not reading an opponent visually while they are not in contact yet. Do you have an explanation on how grapplers avoid punches and kicks while in the clinch?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 4:32pm

Style: Getting less fat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like you wingchun guy. I want to give you a cookie.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 4:40pm

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's only two blocks in karate?

I've been duped.

Or trolled.

:Suspicious:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 4:51pm

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Fixed.
    It is okay everyone gets fooled by a chunfail at some point.
    Sometimes (and I probably shouldn't) I give benefit of the doubt for the capacity of chunners to actually be as delusional as what he was originally demonstrating. I also enjoy a good troll feed from time to time. I called it as 100% troll when he brought up the "chun manual". Mostly, that's when it became so paper thin that it ceased to be fun.

Honestly, the one that bothers me is Brother Daniel. I sincerely hope that he's a troll, but sometimes I wonder...