Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 2:44pm

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kung-fu Jesus View Post

Wow. Stupid, Racist, and now challenging someone to a fight. May I ask to whom this challenge is extended? Because it seems like quite a few of us would like to take you up on that offer.
    He was challenging me because I told him he'd be eating my left hook. But, since the whole grandmaster manual thing exposes this as clearly bullshit trolling, I don't know why anyone is even engaging him seriously anymore.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 2:46pm

Style: PMA, CLF, Longfist n more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And as far as me being a fighter who doesn't win fights, you probably aren't one yourself.
    I'm currently 0-0. I cant' say I have lost a fight yet.

Quote Originally Posted by wingchun guy View Post
    Really?? And where is your humility??
    Right here

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 2:47pm

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RWaggs View Post
    He was challenging me because I told him he'd be eating my left hook. But, since the whole grandmaster manual thing exposes this as clearly bullshit trolling, I don't know why anyone is even engaging him seriously anymore.
    I'm at work, got nothing better to do :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 2:48pm

Style: PMA, CLF, Longfist n more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RWaggs View Post
    Ok. Just wanted to clear that up because this is getting ridiculous.

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 2:57pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grapplers do not have that ability. Wing chun does. It has specific exercises namely Chi Sau to hone those skills. What skills do grapplers have for that. NONE!!!!
    Ok I will attempt to walk through this on a step by step basis:

My first claim is that footage exists of mma fighters dodging punches while in the clinch. I know it is sport but a rather interesting example nonetheless; real clinch, full powered punches. Let me know if you dispute my premise before I look for specific examples.

Second: I believe the fighters use sensitivity in the clinch to avoid punches, kicks etc.

I concede that grappling arts to not specifically call out sensitivity training like wing chun.

So, having made my contention that grapplers do in fact have sensitivity. Do you have an alternate explanation such as using eyes to detect punches, randomness, or physically stopping punches? If so please state what it is.

Trying my best to use reason here which is tough on an internet forum.

Thanks

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 3:01pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all you misspelled inference and you don't even know what diatribe means you stupid Canadian.
    That's the best you can do?
    defence
    repetoire "Way of the Interpeting Fist" Kwon
    takwndoe
    wheter
    was suck-punched!
    traditonal.
    The funniest part of these spelling mistakes is he edited some of the post for grammar.

I don't know why anyone is even engaging him seriously anymore.
    I always like this comment. His first post was an OBVIOUS troll job. If anything, no one should have engaged him at all including you. I feed trolls.

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 3:02pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grapplers do not have that ability. Wing chun does. It has specific exercises namely Chi Sau to hone those skills. What skills do grapplers have for that. NONE!!!!
    That doesn't teach sensitivity. You can't really sense what your opponent is about to do that way.
    Really? So why is it that high-level grappling a series of techniques that trap an opponent in series of techniques that leave them with no options? How are submissions ever countered?

For the grappling impaired: Yes, you can and yes it does. There's training for that. We call it grappling.

I doubt it punk. I'd beat your ass like a red-headed runaway slave.
    No. You wouldn't. It's a shame you live in Jersey.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 3:06pm

Style: traditonal wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Ok I will attempt to walk through this on a step by step basis:

My first claim is that footage exists of mma fighters dodging punches while in the clinch. I know it is sport but a rather interesting example nonetheless; real clinch, full powered punches. Let me know if you dispute my premise before I look for specific examples.

Second: I believe the fighters use sensitivity in the clinch to avoid punches, kicks etc.

I concede that grappling arts to not specifically call out sensitivity training like wing chun.

So, having made my contention that grapplers do in fact have sensitivity. Do you have an alternate explanation such as using eyes to detect punches, randomness, or physically stopping punches? If so please state what it is.

Trying my best to use reason here which is tough on an internet forum.

Thanks
    In wing chun in order to see our opponents movements coming we relie on watching the lead elbow and lead knee. When throwing a straight punch, the elbow travels at half the speed of the fist, allow us to see the punch coming. In a hook, it is even slower, up to 4times slower than the fist, allowing us to see it coming and stop it. It is basically the same principle in kicks. When your opponent throws a front kick with the lead leg, his knee travels at half the speed. In a round house, it's 4 times slower. If he kicks off the back leg, still watch the front leg because his knee will move (twist) to the movement. It takes some practice but this is a very efficient way to keep an eye on your opponent and what his intentions are.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 3:13pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In wing chun in order to see our opponents movements coming we relie
    Rely

on watching the lead elbow and lead knee.
    Wow, this is why chun fail so much.

When throwing a straight punch, the elbow travels at half the speed of the fist, allow us to see the punch coming. In a hook, it is even slower, up to 4times slower than the fist, allowing us to see it coming and stop it.
    Where is your Medical source, physics source, scientific source. I suck at physics and I can see the FUNDAMENTAL error you just made.

It is basically the same principle in kicks. When your opponent throws a front kick with the lead leg, his knee travels at half the speed. In a round house, it's 4 times slower.
    Same mistake as above.

If he kicks off the back leg, still watch the front leg because his knee will move (twist) to the movement. It takes some practice but this is a very efficient way to keep an eye on your opponent and what his intentions are.
    Ahhh you have brain damage. You took to many kicks to the head trying this out.

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 3:13pm

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, I am lucky enough to have a copy of the Wing Chun manual here, so i am carrying equal qualifications to WingChun Guy (plus I made it through high-school).

Also, my teacher is a RioGrande-Master, which being largely Texan is bigger than a Grand-Master. And if you learn nothing else from my wife's many opinions, learn this: "bigger means better".

Chapter 4 covers blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Page47
    Won man can correct block from many angle.
    Centre line use essential. Centre define by spine, spine define centre.
    Head like flag on flagpole of spine.
    Won block with face, block any strike.
    Hook, block face time
    Jab face block iron face
    Jab-cross, rapid move face block face
    If grapple, easy. Gullible make tackle strike, block floor with face.
    To many, the above will seem obvious enough to be taken on faith.
    After all, I for one don't need to crash a car, to know whether crashing a car is effective. However, some of the doubting Thomas' on this site will no doubt bitch "like red headed railworkers, singing a 'good old fashioned n*gger work song', while a stitch in time saves nine", about evidence.

Thankfully (contrary to popular believe), science-magic has made video easily available. Even though it may steal your soul if your likeness is captured twixt it's magic mirrors, some of the less educated Christians have allowed themselves to be captured by the Devil's Picture Box.

As such, here is some clear video evidence of this method being applied:

It took me a while to choose this, because there was just so much evidence of it. The interesting thin to note as you scout through youtube is just how many Chunner's seem able to pull off this kind of blocking, with an almost 100% success rate.

Across numerous videos, there is barely one punch that isn't blocked by this method.

All you chun haterz, can put this in your pipes and smoke it. Doubters 'aint ****!

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti