Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 12:46am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchun guy View Post
    In what way is it not? And why do you refuse to believe that this is a complete style? It has all the elements of a complete stlyle, including on the ground. What's missing in you opinion?
    The burden of proof is on the one making the claim (which in this case is you). There are an infinite number of ways to react to being attacked in all ranges of fighting. That doesn't mean that any are effective. Just because you say that wing chun has techniques for ground fighting doesn't mean that any of those techniques are any good.

The way you prove their effectiveness is by using those techniques against a skilled practitioner of the style in question. Taking your example of ground fighting here, that would mean a high-level grappler.

The best way to accomplish that is to enter into competitions with experienced grapplers and see how well these techniques work. The best way co convince others of your findings is to film these competitions, and post them publicly for others to see. That way everyone can independently assess the skill level of the grappler, as well as the effectiveness of the wing chun used against the grappler.

Hence the demands for video, and the invitations to attend throwdowns. So please, provide this type of confirmations for us, or else don't be surprised when nobody takes you seriously.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 12:54am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionknight View Post
    Huh what? I just saw this on wingchun guy's profile:

Is this saying that wingchun guy only has 6 months of training from 25 years ago? Really? ...and he knows wingchun?! lol
    Thank you. I've been waiting for someone to post this crap.

:)

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 1:02am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Huh what? I just saw this on wingchun guy's profile:

Is this saying that wingchun guy only has 6 months of training from 25 years ago? Really? ...and he knows wingchun?! lol
    It takes 10 years to be competent, so he's 1/20th of the way there.

Attn: Wingchun guy, Since you trained, there have been popular full contact minimal rules competitions televised around the globe. A lot of the bullshit has been shaken off, as ineffective.

If someone told you they could do you in at chess, by sacrificing their Bishops and Knights for your middle 4 pawns, you'd want to see them do it. If they said they were sure, but couldn't/wouldn't show against someone trying to stop them from winning, you'd rightly be skeptical.

That is what wing chun has become, somewhat.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 1:23am

Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherDaniel View Post
    You lot seem obsessed with fighting and so called 'proving' it works etc.
    Why are you still at this?

Do you beleive some people are just smarter and what they think works in theory does actually work, somethings you just dont have to test etc.
    Uh, no. Anything I bet my life on, I expect to be tested. My other main hobby is rock climbing - how smart would I be to trust my life to untested draws, harnesses, and ropes?

I dont need to crash my car to understand the damage it can cause etc.
    Yes, but there are a veritable shitload of people who do that very thing so that if you ever do crash, you have the best chance of survival.

Why is it unthinkable to a few of you guys that some people can have 'skills' and dont feel the need to fight in a ring/cage.
    I don't expect everyone to have fight experience, I would settle for military or LEO, somewhere where they might have actually applied what they're teaching. In the end, that is what I look for.

Seriously, what you've said here is some scary ****. You want to place blind faith in a skill that you may use to protect your life. That is seriously flaky in my opinion.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 1:44am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is it unthinkable to a few of you guys that some people can have 'skills' and dont feel the need to fight in a ring/cage.
    Who said this? Go get the quote. See, what I'm tired of is you idiots building these type of stupid strawman arguments out of nothing.

Many Dog Brother Martial Artists DO NOT COMPETE IN THE RING OR CAGE. Everyone on this board RESPECTS HOW THEY TRAIN. They tend to train traditional FMAs. People respect JUDO and many do not compete IN THE RING OR THE CAGE. Many people respect Kyokushin Karate and many do not compete IN THE RING OR THE CAGE. So really, STFU with your tired unoriginal bullshit.

If CHUN had any video evidence, competitions, OR, keyword dipshit, full sparring it wouldn't get half the **** it does. Yet, like you fuckers always do, it is "believe my theory why do you want proof?" Well 98% of chun has been show to only work with CROSS-TRAINING in other arts. 1% of videos involve chun vs chun which is a push. The other 1% do work with "pure chun." Alan Orr, Kamon Wing Chun, Shawn Obasi and all CROSSTRAIN and compete. That is why idiots, like you, disown them and put Traditional ASS Chun in style fields.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 4:44am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kamon Wing chun always interested me, I live 10 minutes from where they train, the thing that put me off is that they only do 1 class a week and its only an hour long. the rate of progress would be so slow it seems pointless, 4 hours training a month will not bring "Quick results" as the website claims.

That being said, I think it says it all that kevin Chan recognised the need to introduce BJJ to make W/C and effective art.

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 7:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchun guy View Post
    Hey wetware, we do have live sparring. You don't think we do just forms and chi sau, do you? That wouldn't be practical. This is how we test the waters. It is the same way with grappling. Hope that answers your question.
    You do know what live sparring is, correct? When you spar is someone allowed to throw an outside leg kick, hooks, spin kicks, super man punch, stuff like that?

If you want proof, then go to any wing chun school in your area and see for yourself.
    I've been, and they didn't.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 8:13am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pure Kool-Aid runs in his veins.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 8:41am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha he's a student of Victor? Didn't that tool used to post here about Chunnery and how Catch would dominate?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 9:58am

Style: PMA, CLF, Longfist n more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Pure Kool-Aid runs in his veins.
    at the risk of being unoriginal, I assume in person he'd look something like this: