Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 222829303132 3334353642 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 7:37pm

Style: traditonal wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In what way is it not? And why do you refuse to believe that this is a complete style? It has all the elements of a complete stlyle, including on the ground. What's missing in you opinion?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 7:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Tae_Bo Master, go to www.ask.com/videos?ch=vid&1=dis&0=undefined&pg=1&9=wing%20chun %20vs%jujitsu&9src=180. Then type in "wing chun vs jujitsu" without the parenthesis. You should be in the Ask search video. You should see them there.

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 7:41pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchun guy View Post
    In what way is it not? And why do you refuse to believe that this is a complete style? It has all the elements of a complete stlyle, including on the ground. What's missing in you opinion?
    Live sparring, perhaps, so the crap ideas could get ironed out of your system? Or perhaps a realistic idea of how much damage a blow could cause so you don't think that a chain punch will immolate anyone your strike?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 7:43pm

Style: Striking, grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cause if it'd work you wouldn't have to "believe", it would be demonstrable.

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 7:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Tae_Bo Master, go to www.ask.com/videos?ch=vid&1=dis&0=undefined&pg=1&9=wing%20chun %20vs%jujitsu&9src=180. Then type in "wing chun vs jujitsu" without the parenthesis. You should be in the Ask search video. You should see them there.
    How about you right click the video and choose "copy video URL"? Or... hold on. **** it. I'll do it for you... (might not be what you see, search engines try to give you what you're looking for. Their data mining on me is different from their data mining on you.)

So you mean the one with a description that goes like this: "Jimmy and I doing some sparring at open mat night. We're both primarily Jiujitsu players, but I did some karate in high school, and Jimmy used to do Wing Chun.
    Much lolz at me trying to do an axe kick and falling down."?

God, you're a toolshed.

Also: LOL. Look whose video it is!
    Last edited by wetware; 4/08/2012 7:49pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 7:59pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Much respect for getting out their and testing your ****. The one throwing chun punches was getting mauled at low speed medium to light contact.

Please remember, backing up is a common tactic when pulling punches. The chunner's rabbit punches were ineffective

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 8:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pretty sure that's not him. It's TheMightyMcClaw and one of his BJJ buddies, who once did the chun.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 8:13pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    Pretty sure that's not him. It's TheMightyMcClaw and one of his BJJ buddies, who once did the chun.
    You are supposed to let a troll answer and then we all get to call him a liar.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 8:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, KungFuJesus, let's start from the beginning. First you said the wc has a limited number of blocks, then you went and named 9 blocks that are in the wc style as opposed to 2 (if you include upper and lower blocks) in Karate, and other hard styles like TKD. How is that limited?? It is 11 if you include grappling hand and neck pull. That's over 5 times the amount of blocks available. Along with footwork and sticky legs (ghi gerk) that makes for a powerful arsenal and that is why I say you can tailor it to your own personality and that of your opponent. Because of the limited amount of blocks in other styles, that makes this very difficult to taylor it to the person's personality and the opponent's style. Ok, I'll give you the fact that my spelling of JKD isn't the best, but you got the jest of it. Now I understand why you brought up Bruce Lee, but did you ever think that maybe the reason why he had to search outside of his original art(Wing chun) was because he was unfufilled in this art because he did not know the full extent of the art itself, because he wasn't trained in the full art? I suspect that he was a very arrogant person, and that goes against the philosophy of wing chun.Do you know that philosophy?? It goes something like this:
    One who excels as a warrior does not appear formidable;
    One who excels in fighting is never aroused in anger;
    One who excels in defeating his enemy does not join issues (boasts);
    One who excels in employing others humbles himself before them.
    This is the virtue of non-contention and matching the sublimity of heaven.
    I think that this is why Grandmaster Ip Man taught him only the modified and incomplete style. And realizing this, he had to search to other styles to complete himself and his new style, namely JKD. Now as far as Grandmaster Ip Man is what you didn't know is that he wasn't a junkie or lazy. He was a very typical Chinese instructor who only believed in teaching to other Chinese. He did not believe in teaching outsiders. He did not think they were worth it. Bruce Lee dispelled that notion and believed everyone should be taught. And again I say that Bruce Lee was not taught the complete style, so he did not learn about locks,throws or grappling defence. Grappling defence is in the advanced category along with the butterfly knives and therefore would not be taught to Bruce Lee. Yes it was quite a conundrum for Bruce Lee because he didn't want to label his new style but then, how would you tell people about it? How would you explain it to others?? This would bother him for a long time. As far as I know, Bruce Lee, though he was great, was not the best in the world. Remember, it's a big world out there and there could have been someone who was better. You can't go by these idiots who decided foolishly to challenge him. I'm talking somewhere,maybe deep in China who never came forward or even someone today. As far as the last part of your blog, you are right, wc is somewhere in the middle. I stand corrected.
    Last edited by wingchun guy; 4/08/2012 8:15pm at . Reason: grammar, what else?

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 8:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You are supposed to let a troll answer and then we all get to call him a liar.
    D'oh! Knew I forgot something.