Registered Member

Achievements:
    31 days registered

Posted On:
    4/03/2012 8:06pm

Style: Tkd,mauythai,bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know but how coincidental this may be but it seems almost too...
    Today at the gym I routinely go to after bjj practice were two wing chun dudes..
    Also I would like to point out. MMA is by definition a mix of arts not just kickboxing and wrestling. I've done both Tkd and chun when I was young and dropped nuts mma when I first did mma IMO but retained both.
    Now..I don't exactly recall how many years they said they had practice but I'm guessing it wasn't very much, they weren't very good at their chun or the particular style was different. Correct me if I'm wrong but the objective of wing chun was to defeat the other in chi Sao when challenged from another style? At least thats what I was told by my sifu mr"foom-foom". When I start fooming it up, and by fooming I mean chi Sao, paking, trapping, and of course chain punching. I beat the "better" of the chi Sao guys but he got me the rest. I was surprised I was still able to be and remembered how to do any of that **** and could. A simple L block with a trap counter punch always nailed him. The only thing that differed was the weapons. I was told to do dao form and staff in palm down palm up position and of course double knives. The two gentle chunners only did double knives. In chi Sao during conversation it all started leaking out...bullshido.. The conversation went me-"wing chun is pretty defensive isn't it?"
    Chunner "yeah..we have a place over here were we teach cops and military"
    Me(pretending)"yeah that's why I did it when I was young I'm surprised I know chi Sao your kicking my ass" honestly he was a little better than I but I was gased so I didn't care after a while considering I had just left muay Thai and bjj(mma to the thread starter) and was in mid section of finishing an ab workout. While also catching on to the inner chun bullshit circle im glad I didn't plague into.
    Blah. Blah. So on..
    More chi Sao I'm typing this as It just happened excuse me will re edit later. Will explain later
    So I began telling him about jiu jitsu, anti jiu jitsu, why its fun and important to know jiu jitsu, and because since I'm such a nice fucking guy and wanted to burn more cardio. I gave them a quick white belt lesson on escaping, passing, holding guard, the importance of how I was taught between the techniques, three attacks(Kimura, Americana, and Armbar..guess which one they used most? Not Armbar ;) also how not to bridge for Armbar defense obviously...and then a roll session helping with resistance. Note I am not being an asshole at all during this and explained to them I was not a UFC junkie but I did mma in terms of mixed martial arts. Also explained how expensive the school fees + gi fees + testing fees + weapon fees + my addiction to lifting weight. During resistance training for moves, after half an hour went by I gave them each a roll session. I had just finished rolling with my jitsu coach who is a purple in bjj and a black in aikido if this counts for beans.
    They enjoyed the **** out of it. One however was not easily convinced and began resisting while I was shrimping during his press while calmly during this telling the other to "look see in the mirror, I'm not using much energy, like wing chun, he's using his force against mine, I'm using not much but he's getting tired..." of course I taught them when to tap and how btw. I told the other to look in the mirror at and see for himself during this session. After he attempted to finally use bjj techniques the **** clawed my nose, but it wasn't too bad and it matches the scare I have on my left brow also he apologized and they both did, but I understood it was from second nature not too intentional, didn't seem anyways.
    After making them tap using white belt techniques only or what I showed them, also explained how and why not to bridge during live rolling or in a combat situation similar*cough*triangle*cough*. Afterwards not only were they convinced but also amazed at how effective and how it could "help" the self defense qualities of grounds defense. One I even refered to who is a black belt in gjj from brazil. He owns the juice bar. The gym I go to(weightlifting/bag/mat work not mma) takes a fee of 1-300 depending on what you want a month.It's worth it, one of the nicer gyms. Less meat heads but more homos(no offense) better machines, tanning sauna steam room shower lockers shaving **** etc. you get what you pay for. Thus meaning his black gjj credentials were checked thoroughly by another fighter who trains the cardio women in the morning. So in the end..we all agreed.
    It's not about what style is better. It's about what you know and when to apply(having the concept already in mind).
    That being said....**** these Style vs style rants. do martial art. Stfu plz.

I even told the black belt one or two might attend his Gracie barra academy. Plus +1 for bjj -1 for wing chun on that note. On the other side note whoever is on lent or dieting try living off of bondia Acia, smoothies, fruits, almonds, peanuts, vegetables, soy/almond milk, water etc. never knew I had an 8pac till now.

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/03/2012 8:17pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackjack View Post
    AndthenwhenIwaswalkingbythehouseandOMGSQUIRREL!!!! ?!?!
    I admire your enthusiasm, but you need to either increase or decrease your dosage and I certainly don't know which.

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/03/2012 8:24pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackjack View Post
    I don't know but how coincidental this may be but it seems almost too...
    Today at the gym I routinely go to after bjj practice were two wing chun dudes..
    Also I would like to point out. MMA is by definition a mix of arts not just kickboxing and wrestling. I've done both Tkd and chun when I was young and dropped nuts mma when I first did mma IMO but retained both.
    Now..I don't exactly recall how many years they said they had practice but I'm guessing it wasn't very much, they weren't very good at their chun or the particular style was different. Correct me if I'm wrong but the objective of wing chun was to defeat the other in chi Sao when challenged from another style? At least thats what I was told by my sifu mr"foom-foom". When I start fooming it up, and by fooming I mean chi Sao, paking, trapping, and of course chain punching. I beat the "better" of the chi Sao guys but he got me the rest. I was surprised I was still able to be and remembered how to do any of that **** and could. A simple L block with a trap counter punch always nailed him. The only thing that differed was the weapons. I was told to do dao form and staff in palm down palm up position and of course double knives. The two gentle chunners only did double knives. In chi Sao during conversation it all started leaking out...bullshido.. The conversation went me-"wing chun is pretty defensive isn't it?"
    Chunner "yeah..we have a place over here were we teach cops and military"
    Me(pretending)"yeah that's why I did it when I was young I'm surprised I know chi Sao your kicking my ass" honestly he was a little better than I but I was gased so I didn't care after a while considering I had just left muay Thai and bjj(mma to the thread starter) and was in mid section of finishing an ab workout. While also catching on to the inner chun bullshit circle im glad I didn't plague into.
    Blah. Blah. So on..
    More chi Sao I'm typing this as It just happened excuse me will re edit later. Will explain later
    So I began telling him about jiu jitsu, anti jiu jitsu, why its fun and important to know jiu jitsu, and because since I'm such a nice fucking guy and wanted to burn more cardio. I gave them a quick white belt lesson on escaping, passing, holding guard, the importance of how I was taught between the techniques, three attacks(Kimura, Americana, and Armbar..guess which one they used most? Not Armbar ;) also how not to bridge for Armbar defense obviously...and then a roll session helping with resistance. Note I am not being an asshole at all during this and explained to them I was not a UFC junkie but I did mma in terms of mixed martial arts. Also explained how expensive the school fees + gi fees + testing fees + weapon fees + my addiction to lifting weight. During resistance training for moves, after half an hour went by I gave them each a roll session. I had just finished rolling with my jitsu coach who is a purple in bjj and a black in aikido if this counts for beans.
    They enjoyed the **** out of it. One however was not easily convinced and began resisting while I was shrimping during his press while calmly during this telling the other to "look see in the mirror, I'm not using much energy, like wing chun, he's using his force against mine, I'm using not much but he's getting tired..." of course I taught them when to tap and how btw. I told the other to look in the mirror at and see for himself during this session. After he attempted to finally use bjj techniques the **** clawed my nose, but it wasn't too bad and it matches the scare I have on my left brow also he apologized and they both did, but I understood it was from second nature not too intentional, didn't seem anyways.
    After making them tap using white belt techniques only or what I showed them, also explained how and why not to bridge during live rolling or in a combat situation similar*cough*triangle*cough*. Afterwards not only were they convinced but also amazed at how effective and how it could "help" the self defense qualities of grounds defense. One I even refered to who is a black belt in gjj from brazil. He owns the juice bar. The gym I go to(weightlifting/bag/mat work not mma) takes a fee of 1-300 depending on what you want a month.It's worth it, one of the nicer gyms. Less meat heads but more homos(no offense) better machines, tanning sauna steam room shower lockers shaving **** etc. you get what you pay for. Thus meaning his black gjj credentials were checked thoroughly by another fighter who trains the cardio women in the morning. So in the end..we all agreed.
    It's not about what style is better. It's about what you know and when to apply(having the concept already in mind).
    That being said....**** these Style vs style rants. do martial art. Stfu plz.

I even told the black belt one or two might attend his Gracie barra academy. Plus +1 for bjj -1 for wing chun on that note. On the other side note whoever is on lent or dieting try living off of bondia Acia, smoothies, fruits, almonds, peanuts, vegetables, soy/almond milk, water etc. never knew I had an 8pac till now.
    Lay off the smack, jack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    31 days registered

Posted On:
    4/03/2012 8:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm on lent, gased, told my story. Fin.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    4/03/2012 8:44pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All good, it just comes across in shambles, that's all. I think I get what you are trying to say, that wing chun sucks.

So you are a white belt explaining BJJ to chunners?

Registered Member

Achievements:
    31 days registered

Posted On:
    4/03/2012 9:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    All good, it just comes across in shambles, that's all. I think I get what you are trying to say, that wing chun sucks.

So you are a white belt explaining BJJ to chunners?
    Yeah I do that in my Internet posting. And creative writing, left brained a.d.d. I apologize for my nutty grammar.
    Yes I am a former chunner with a white belt in bjj explaining bjj(no gi) to chunners in a chunner perspective if you will. Before I was dabbling in Greco roman with someone at the weight lifting gym I attend who was a former champ in high school and did the jitsu, live rolled twice a week. Maybe a little hard to believe but dude you should see this guys build. his biceps are melons. But now it's just official and I'm apart of a Gracie Lineage as a white belt with 8 months and I started judo two months ago.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

Posted On:
    4/03/2012 9:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread should have come with a warning, that reading that steaming pile of bullshit is damaging to your health.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Achievements:

Posted On:
    4/03/2012 9:26pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not meaning to rain on your parade, but really all you've done is allow these chunners to go back to their Sifu and say, "our mate showed us this" and the Sifu will say, "ahh, but hidden in the Bong Sau is Bok Choi, which drastically negates any groundwork" and now your chunning mates are going to have to say to you, "Sifu reckons you're full of **** and said we can't be friends with you anymore if we want to learn teh deadly."

Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/03/2012 9:27pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ke?poFist View Post
    This thread should have come with a warning, that reading that steaming pile of bullshit is damaging to your health.
    Wing Chun is in the thread title, you've been here long enough to know that already.

Middleweight

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/03/2012 9:43pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Which one of the chunners stole your enter key?
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.