Page 13 of 57 First ... 39101112131415161723 ... Last
  1. #121
    Kambei Shimada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Surrey-England
    Posts
    1,385
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe View Post
    In all fairness it does exist

    http://www.alanorr.co.uk/

    Of course he also competes in MMA and trains catch and BJJ so its probably not the real chun
    Yeah I know Alan.
    Those guys are probably the most progressive Wing Chun guys out there. They all spar, they cross train and they are all in shape.

  2. #122
    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die
    Goju - Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,857
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    Yeah I know Alan.
    Those guys are probably the most progressive Wing Chun guys out there. They all spar, they cross train and they are all in shape.
    They're doing it all wrong!!!

  3. #123
    Kambei Shimada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Surrey-England
    Posts
    1,385
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe View Post
    They're doing it all wrong!!!
    Exactly! I'm thinking 'BrotherDaniel' is more of a Wing Chun Purist.

    (he does'nt spar, he does'nt cross train and he is'nt in shape.)

  4. #124
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,445
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe View Post
    In all fairness it does exist

    http://www.alanorr.co.uk/

    Of course he also competes in MMA and trains catch and BJJ so its probably not the real chun
    Old Old link and old old debate. The fact that, seven years later, he is still the go to representation of effective Chun and MMA is sad.

  5. #125
    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die
    Goju - Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,857
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Old Old link and old old debate. The fact that, seven years later, he is still the go to representation of effective Chun and MMA is sad.
    The irony is that Wing Chunuts won't use him because then they would have to concede to needing to cross train, spar and be in shape

  6. #126

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    205
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That Alan Orr sounds like he has got it right, in fact he sounds closer to JKD than any actual "JKD" people out there.

    The coaching course he offers for 395 for two days seems a bit sus though.

  7. #127
    itwasntme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Norf Carolina, throw ya hands up
    Posts
    1,715
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RWaggs View Post
    Daniel, you are a shitty troll, and a liar, and you know it. Maybe the moderators have some way of knowing this or not, but I'm also not buying all of this generic British slang/terminology. I think you live right here in the states and wish to keep that a secret so that there's a lesser chance of someone challenging you to a gong sau.

    Your whole conception of martial arts is erroneous, and I highly doubt you ever spar with any real practitioners of muay thai, bjj, boxing, kyokushin etc etc, if at all. Unless you are willing to post any sort of evidence otherwise, or show up to a throwdown to demonstrate how you'd end a fight before your shapeless ass gasses out, please kindly take a fucking hike.
    Dude, just admit it, you love trolls. Without the trolls a lot of the ppl on this site, myself included, would have nowhere near the amount of material needed to feed our egos and make ourselves look better than the next guy. That's why just about everybody argues on here, yet two threads over the same ppl are gangbanging another poster. Its what a forum is all about, really, its how it survives. If everyone was happy go lucky, this would be more like Martial Talk and a lot of us wouldn't be so regular. Like it or not, most of us share this common bond.

    Btw

    We're not so different you and I. I think we're related!

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

  8. #128
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,058
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy crap, you do look like him.

  9. #129
    Ignorami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,540
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If BrotherDaniel links his chain punches together the same way he links his arguments, then when he fights someone, a lot of bystanders are going to get accidentally slapped before he knocks himself out on some furniture.


    When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

    "what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

  10. #130

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    433
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilde88 View Post
    Dude, just admit it, you love trolls. Without the trolls a lot of the ppl on this site, myself included, would have nowhere near the amount of material needed to feed our egos and make ourselves look better than the next guy. That's why just about everybody argues on here, yet two threads over the same ppl are gangbanging another poster. Its what a forum is all about, really, its how it survives. If everyone was happy go lucky, this would be more like Martial Talk and a lot of us wouldn't be so regular. Like it or not, most of us share this common bond.

    Btw

    We're not so different you and I. I think we're related!

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    At least use a spoiler tag and give us a warning before you post something like that. I thought I was on a Rock Ape thread for a second there.

Page 13 of 57 First ... 39101112131415161723 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO