Page 3 of 7 First 1234567 Last
  1. #21

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,477
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish beast View Post
    Past summary?
    I'm more educated on criminal law so let me see if I can narrow down the process for civil:

    Summary is the process where the judge looks over case file and determines if the case has merit. At this point your lawyer may ask for the case to be dismissed. If the judge deems the case to be frivolous or lacks foundation then it will be summarily dismissed. I don't know New York civil law but that's basically what normally happens.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    109
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I'm more educated on criminal law so let me see if I can narrow down the process for civil:

    Summary is the process where the judge looks over case file and determines if the case has merit. At this point your lawyer may ask for the case to be dismissed. If the judge deems the case to be frivolous or lacks foundation then it will be summarily dismissed. I don't know New York civil law but that's basically what normally happens.
    Then this just got a lot more complicated. I'd really piss my father off if I reminded him of this mess, and me and my father agrees not to tell my mother about this.

    Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention, no lawyer.
    Yeah.
    Last edited by Polish beast; 4/11/2012 12:29am at .

  3. #23

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,477
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's the sad thing about civil. You have to weigh your options. Is it worth fighting it out in court or is it easier just to pay the bitches off?

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    109
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Probably court. We don't have enough money to pay for a good dinner.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,477
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish beast View Post
    Probably court. We don't have enough money to pay for a good dinner.
    Actually that's a good thing. If they see your family has nothing then it'd be a waste of money on their half.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    109
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope so.

    Random piece of info I left out, those two kids where like best friends before this. And the kid who got jumped chased after Mr. Smiley (with intent to harm him). Anything different? I really, can't handle this, becaude my father told me that if they get sued, my martial arts will be treated as a weapon. That means no martial arts for me. That means the school I wanted to start after college or what have you wouldn't exist, is there any truth in this?

    Edit: Lol, why am I so paranoid? If it happens, it happens, what can I say?

  7. #27

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,477
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish beast View Post
    I hope so.

    Random piece of info I left out, those two kids where like best friends before this. And the kid who got jumped chased after Mr. Smiley (with intent to harm him). Anything different? I really, can't handle this, becaude my father told me that if they get sued, my martial arts will be treated as a weapon. That means no martial arts for me. That means the school I wanted to start after college or what have you wouldn't exist, is there any truth in this?

    Edit: Lol, why am I so paranoid? If it happens, it happens, what can I say?
    Truthfully I'd have to see the video.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    109
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Truthfully I'd have to see the video.
    I wanted to see the video. So did Joe's girlfriend. Mr. Smiley didn't give anyone the video, sorry.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chicago, Il
    Posts
    49
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish beast View Post
    I hope so.

    Random piece of info I left out, those two kids where like best friends before this. And the kid who got jumped chased after Mr. Smiley (with intent to harm him). Anything different? I really, can't handle this, becaude my father told me that if they get sued, my martial arts will be treated as a weapon. That means no martial arts for me. That means the school I wanted to start after college or what have you wouldn't exist, is there any truth in this?

    Edit: Lol, why am I so paranoid? If it happens, it happens, what can I say?
    I am confused as to what you are trying to say here. Your parents will punish you by taking your MA classes away, or the plaintiffs will use your MA background to say you should be more responsible? Please clarify.

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,131
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think you should worry about it. Your parents will likely lose the ranch and you will likely get some prison time, but the community as a whole (or hole if you prefer) should remain pretty much undamaged.

Page 3 of 7 First 1234567 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO