Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2012 7:27pm

Style: Arnis Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dump the AR style retractable stock and put something like the K-Var hinged AK stock on it, and I'd be interested. Of course I live in the People's Republic of New York, so I'm not allowed to have folding stocks on anything semi-auto.

Posted On:
    3/29/2012 8:34pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRC View Post
    Dump the AR style retractable stock and put something like the K-Var hinged AK stock on it, and I'd be interested. Of course I live in the People's Republic of New York, so I'm not allowed to have folding stocks on anything semi-auto.
    Lever action. Totally not semi.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 7:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    Lever action. Totally not semi.
    I think his point was that he would be interested in a folding stock on a lever action since he can't have one on a semi-auto.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 8:33am

Style: Arnis Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think his point was that he would be interested in a folding stock on a lever action since he can't have one on a semi-auto.
    The Devil is right, that's what I was talking about. Levers, bolt guns and pumps are exempt from the NYS ban on fun features.
    A way to get a compact repeater, that can fold for ease of transport without paying the premium for a pre-1994 model is really tempting, but Mossberg just vomited up some tacticool features without really bringing anything useful to the table.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 8:39am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's another reason to run a tactical musket. If bayonet lugs are ban-able, you can run an early, Renaissance-style "plug bayonet".
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 8:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    That's another reason to run a tactical musket. If bayonet lugs are ban-able, you can run an early, Renaissance-style "plug bayonet".
    If you want something cool from Mossberg you can stick a bayonet on, may I suggest the M590A1?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 9:06am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do to the huge number of bayonet attacks in ny. Bayonet lugs have been outlawed. A few people have to ruin everything. But at least I feel so much safer now for it.

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 9:22am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharon View Post
    Do to the huge number of bayonet attacks in ny. Bayonet lugs have been outlawed. A few people have to ruin everything. But at least I feel so much safer now for it.
    That's actually what I thought as well. But MikeRC's statement was that some of those features were exempt from lever, pump and bolt guns. I don't know the details on the New York gun laws, other than they're very restrictive.

So, do you guys know which it is? Are bayonet lugs a no-no altogether, or are there some exemptions?

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 11:00am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NY law is almost exactly like the expired Fed AWB. Bayo lugs are one of the characteristics. If you did away with say a pistol grip you could keep the lug. If you made it so you couldn't use a magazine you could keep the grip and the lugs....

Its all very bizzare.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 11:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    NY law is almost exactly like the expired Fed AWB. Bayo lugs are one of the characteristics. If you did away with say a pistol grip you could keep the lug. If you made it so you couldn't use a magazine you could keep the grip and the lugs....

Its all very bizzare.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Interesting.

There you go, MikeRC. The Mossberg Monstrosity is pistol gripless. So, dance on over to gunbroker and get your stab on.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast