Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/28/2012 11:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    lol. Hell, this **** probably IS an assault rifle by the bullshit standards they use.
    Yeah, that's where you're right. Sometimes Kalifornia really pisses me off.
    Not enough to move yet, but maybe someday.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures5000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Posted On:
    3/29/2012 7:37am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eh....not my cup o tea, but does it function and can it hit its target? Everything else is cosmetic.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsTagger First Class

Posted On:
    3/29/2012 7:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Eh....not my cup o tea, but does it function and can it hit its target? Everything else is cosmetic.
    Cosmetics can make a gun ridicule worthy. It takes attention to detail in every aspect of a firearm's design to make it great. That is not what you're getting here. Here, you have a gimmick that was thrown together to appeal to a certain demographic.

It's lazy work by Mossberg. They're trying too hard and not enough, all at the same time.

Welterweight

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/29/2012 1:10pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That gun is full of win. The pure comedy value is awesome.
    But as others have said some asshat is sure to buy it.
    Pure comedy gold I tell you.

Really does need a bayonet, foward hand grip, flashlight, laser sight, and some sort of aim point type optic on it. Perhaps a bipod as well. And don't forget the octagonal barrel for that old school appeal.

I would throw something like that together just to piss off the old timers at the range. I would be sure to show up at the range in full tactical gear and stay in character the whole time. Think a cross between john wayne and one of those doofuses from preppers gone wild or whatever that show is. The look might also be done with a terminator meets Joe Dirt kinda feel.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    3/29/2012 2:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to continue playing "Devils" advocate here....

Thats our patrol SG. Is that any less effective than the classic 870 hunting gun I have in my gun cabinet simply because it has "tactical furniture" on it?

While I agree that Mossberg is probably trying to cash in on the "tactical lever gun" fad (this isnt the first I have seen, but probably the first being sold from a manufacturer), I don't know if I accept that it's somehow an inferior tool simply based on the style of furniture or muzzle device. Is it functional? Is it accurate?

The barrel, chamber, bolt, extractors, action, trigger, etc...is what I would be more interested in than the choice of stock. Thats an item that can be changed at will....

Not that Im apt to run out and buy one simply to test it, I'd wait to see what the reviews say (I'm not in the market for a lever gun tactical or otherwise anyway).

I think that the real suckers are the type that run out and buy things like the Taurus Judge vs someone that buys a proven platform that has polymer vs wooden stocks.
    Last edited by tgace; 3/29/2012 3:01pm at .

Achievements:

Posted On:
    3/29/2012 3:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am kind of curious about the stock geometry...I've only ever fired a lever gun once or twice in my life, but the angle on that stock is curious in terms of cheek weld and recoil direction.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    3/29/2012 3:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to continue playing "Devils" advocate here....

Thats our patrol SG. Is that any less effective than the classic 870 hunting gun I have in my gun cabinet simply because it has "tactical furniture" on it?

While I agree that Mossberg is probably trying to cash in on the "tactical lever gun" fad (this isnt the first I have seen, but probably the first being sold from a manufacturer), I don't know if I accept that it's somehow an inferior tool simply based on the style of furniture or muzzle device. Is it functional? Is it accurate?

The barrel, chamber, bolt, extractors, action, trigger, etc...is what I would be more interested in than the choice of stock. Thats an item that can be changed at will....

Not that Im apt to run out and buy one simply to test it, I'd wait to see what the reviews say (I'm not in the market for a lever gun tactical or otherwise anyway).

I think that the real suckers are the type that run out and buy things like the Taurus Judge vs someone that buys a proven platform that has polymer vs wooden stocks.
    I'm not sure why you insist on arguing that the rifle is functional when I haven't disputed that.

It's not a rusted out car in a junk yard. Oh, no. It's a fully operational Camaro with hydraulics, Jesus painted on the hood and leopard print interior.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    3/29/2012 3:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it could use a suppressor with a flame paint job to go with it... :)

Achievements:

Posted On:
    3/29/2012 6:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it could use a suppressor with a flame paint job to go with it... :)

That's funny.

'Cause the action doesn't make any noise at all....just the hammer falling.....you know.....except when you cycle it between shots 'n stuff.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    3/29/2012 6:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    That's funny.

'Cause the action doesn't make any noise at all....just the hammer falling.....you know.....except when you cycle it between shots 'n stuff.
    Well the whole "sound of the action" thing with suppressors is sort of an urban legend thang anyway.

A suppressed shot is FAR from "silenced"....they are suppressed enough to shoot without hearing protection, but the shots are still louder than the action. Especially with shoulder weapons.

All of our Dept rifles are suppressed, but its not for stealth reasons. We have them because they are hearing/ear friendly...and during an actual shoot, the bad guys report will be easily distinguishable from friendlys.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast