Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 6:23pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I want to reiterate that I prefer to carry concealed and rarely open carry. But when I want to open carry I do so without agonizing over the possibility of having to talk to the cops.

I just strongly disagree with the notion that you should be wary of doing anything that isn't illegal, whether it's gun related or not just because some ignorant assholes might have a hissy fit.
    I get your point...maybe I'm just not clear on mine...its not that I care about the ignorant assholes...its that Im too lazy to want to deal with unnecessary hassle. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 6:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    I get your point...maybe I'm just not clear on mine...its not that I care about the ignorant assholes...its that Im too lazy to want to deal with unnecessary hassle. :)

I hear you. The slight difference in our attitudes on open carry may also stem from where we live. Open carry doesn't tend to freak people out quite as much down here in The Dirty.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 8:12pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    The slight difference in our attitudes on open carry may also stem from where we live. Open carry doesn't tend to freak people out quite as much down here in The Dirty.
    Locale does make a huge difference. I live in the People's Republic of Illinois; although I am in the southern quarter of the state, Chicago politics apply. This state is horrible when it comes to the Second Amendment. Gun owners here are scrutinized and are guilty until proven innocent. All the pin-head legislators in Springfield (by way of Chicago) are looking for another excuse to trample our rights. I just choose not to give them a reason.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 2:25pm

Style: BJJ & MMA, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Timely thread. I was at the mall the other day and I saw a guy walking around with a gun on his hip, a shirt on it that said "Police", cargos and combat boots. So I sort of assumed he was a cop.

A few minutes later some guys started fighting in the food court and he set there gawking. I leaned over and said, "Aren't you gonna do anything about that?" To which he replies, "Hell no man, I ain't no cop. Let 'em fight."

I lean back in my seat debating on how far to push it. So I push. "Are you fucking serious man? Tac boots and an open weapon with a tshirt that says 'police' right on it and your not a cop? WTF. Did I miss dress-up day at school or something?"

The guy kind leans back like he doesn't know how to take me and starts to say something, but I don't let him. I just stand up and say "Nevermind, just be safe with that thing, tough guy," and walk.

I'm all for open carry and concealed carry and all that comes with it. What I can't stand are posers. If you want to dress and put on the air of a cop, go be a cop. You want to be all camo and "huurah" join the fuckin Marines. But don't play weekend warrior or Johnny Law and expect me not to get fired up at your fake ass.

(sorry for the vent, that had been brewing for a few days.)

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 3:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well that guy sounds like a clown. In statistics class, they'd call him an outlier.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 3:56pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Killbot View Post
    I'm all for open carry and concealed carry and all that comes with it. What I can't stand are posers.
    There are posers everywhere, but surely this guy is breaking the law. If any reasonable person would perceive this guy to be a police officer, based on his attire, he is impersonating. What state are you in?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 9:15pm

Style: BJJ & MMA, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in WV. Open carry is legal.

I'm not sure about impersonating an officer. He didnt have a badge or anything other than th3 shirt. And he wasn't acting .like a cop or trying to carry out any duties reserved for LEOs.

Also, no one would mistake me for a reasonable person, but thanks. Lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 11:02am

Style: Traditional Mix

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In Kentucky, statutes allow for open carry, with some restrictions. First class cities, where firearms are otherwise prohibited...you get the idea. I have no problem with open carry as long as the individual is acting like the brain is engaged and it is not in an otherwise prohibited location. I carry concealed and try very hard to mask that I am armed and whether or not I am affiliated with a law enforcement agency. Do not wish to be a target.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2012 8:09am

Style: Western Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tome, open carry says "shoot me FIRST". I will stay with CCW and surpise.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2012 7:15am

Style: no gi grappling/sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post

Do you have a duty to stop and check for a license in your state? If not, then why not just drive by, see that you have no reason to assume suspicion, and then go about your business?
    That is what usually happens in PA. and there are MWAG calls all the time.
    When a call goes through 911 are the operators allowed to get details? If the person says someone has a gun the operator should ask them what the suspicious person is doing with said gun, and if the caller says "Uh..walking down the street. it's in a holster" Then the 911 dispatcher can pass that on to the officer so he can decide if he wants to respond or not.
    FYI I don't normally blatantly open carry. I "comfort carry" in an OWB holster, but wear long shirts that cover most of the holster and gun. If I really want to wear a shirt that doesn't cover, then i wear it. I could care less if seeing my gun scares anyone (and to my knowledge it never has).
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast