Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    4/26/2004 10:13am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by SlimJim
    T-USA linked up with Bally's here in Chicagoland. Don't know if they did it elsewhere.

They call the schools "The Master's Academy". Here's the website of the place I studied at. The name "Naperville Dragons" was adopted long after I left. Really - I ma being totally honest.

The Naperville Dragons
    OK...a quick background on these people. There was a school called Sporex (now called Black Belt Excellence), that had an ingenious idea of hiring graduates form the Yong-in college, which translates to White Dragon (a college that specializes in training martial art instructors). He provided green cards for these graduates to come into America and teach TKD. GM Kim opened up a lot of schools called T-USA and made sure to let everyone know that all of his instructors were directly from Korea. Kim then claimed bankruptcy and closed the schools down (basicly he scammed a **** load of money and then claim bankruptcy) He sold his school to another Kim who arranged T-USA instructors to teach at Bally's Total Fitness. This is the reason they changed their name to Total Martial Arts (get the connection?)

Well now they are changing their names to Napeville Dragons simply to reflect that they come from Yong-in. Here is the saddest part of all, the guys that they recruit from Young-in are really talented fighters however, once they get into suburbia, especially Naperville area, they have to water it down, because little Johnny needs to feel good about himself. Sad really. I am friends with a couple of the instructors, and every now and then we get together and train. All they do is bitch about dealing with the parents and how **** like that would never fly back in Korea. I tell them train them like they trained. So far only one had done that. He is also the one with the least amount of students. See the connection?
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Posted On:
    4/26/2004 4:13pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last time I saw it was last summer, I thought I would join in again. In the winter I found this site, and others like it. You guys made me question if the school was any good (thanks for that). My friend who has been doing MA since he was 6 told me to come by his school. And well, my first words were...YOU GUYS DO SPARRING, THAT'S CRAZY! :D

Oh, and the reason for this post...I lasted a good 6 months at the school.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    4/27/2004 8:43am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool...I am glad the people of this site was able to help you. Good luck in the new school.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/27/2004 9:39am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Worst time I had was watching a belt test when the instructor started shouting at an eight year old and made him cry.

nice article by a Austrian woman who loves Eritrea:
    http://meineseite.i-one.at/williang/ERITREA.htm

They had a war for independence. They used guns, not head butts.
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 4/27/2004 9:55am at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/27/2004 6:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kungflujitsufliptric.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My Mcdojo

http://www.louisvilletaekwondo.com

This school wasn't that bad when I first went there 15 years ago. Although they put very little emphasis on sparring and a ton on forms, they were pretty strict and kids didn't get black belts. I still respect the teacher at the school, but after I visited about a year ago, there was even less free sparring and it was no contact for about 5 or less minutes at the end of class. I didn't realize how many overweight black belts there were. There was even an 8 year old with a black belt and absolutely no order amongst the kids before class. People there wined alot too . Overall, there was a lack of discipline and I was unimpressed with the instruction.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 1:51am

Style: Kung Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    to yukon (#12):In regards to places with incongrous names, there's a place in town (Omaha) thats called Shaolin Kenpo Karate. Never been there so I can't really bash it but I get bs vibes every time I see that sign.
    P.S. Under the name of the school it is billed as "the birthplace of Shaolin Kenpo Karate".
    Last edited by kungfumonkey; 12/23/2005 2:16am at .
  7. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 9:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bwaahaahaaa!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 11:14pm

Style:  fc karate, wrestling,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

http://www.aplustotal.com/child_programs.htm

now that I look closer, every pic they have their heads exposed while there doing their stances.
    :laughing1

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 11:42pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol whats with this board and Eritrea??!

Next thing people will start asking whom Chad was named after (NO not chad vader)

Is there any of these abominations near RI?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678