Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/16/2012 9:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEA View Post
    I actually don't water them much at all and I only planted them a little over two years ago. They're climbing roses and I have two trellises that they are growing on. Not only do they make a formidable barrier for anyone contemplating breaking in through that window, they also act as a privacy screen that lets light and air in through the windows.

It looks like your lights are facing "out" by the rose bush?
    Typically you want to light up the bushes from underneath and have the lights shine up the walls, this gives better security as it eliminates shadows and hiding places while also making the windows more difficult to see through from the outside.
    It also looks way nicer.

I am a big fan of carissa for a security hedge, if it grows in your area.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    6/21/2012 12:47pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    +1 on the dog. Mine will stay quiet all day, go crazy if someone is at the door. Most importantly, somehow if there is actually someone outside near the house he goes into nonstop barking mode. I hope I didn't train that out of him, but the last time he did that someone had gone through my wife's car (and took whopping 50 cents or so).
    Anyone care to test for me? lol.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    6/27/2012 2:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just came home with a dog from the Ft Worth Humane Society shelter yesterday. Two month old shepherd-husky mix (and whatever else may be in his gene pool). I'll post some pics later when I can post from a computer.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qpgjjg
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    6/27/2012 10:08pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My daughter bringing Max home from the shelter where we adopted him.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    6/30/2012 8:34am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My daughter bringing Max home from the shelter where we adopted him.
    Of course, it will be a little while before Max can really be much of part of our perimeter. Until then, we will have to rely on his cuteness to deter criminals.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    6/30/2012 8:42am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Until then, we will have to rely on his cuteness to deter criminals.
    If cuteness were a deterrent, he would get the job done. Adorable dog.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    6/30/2012 9:16am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *clears throat*

Um, this is the Armory forum. There should be no photos of adorable puppies in the Armory forum.

Please stay on topic people.

Now consider yourselves mildly chastised.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2012 10:18am

Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha- i get the mental image of a group of hulky LEO and military guys all walking away from a play-with-puppy circle! lol

But as a tip- when I was living out on the farm when i was younger- the way we trained our dogs to be "perimeter dogs" was starting when they were a puppy;

We taught "protocol" awareness- meaning- whenever someone came to the house- or went to our backyyard or parked in our driveway etc- we either REWARDED the puppy for coming to check out/see-

and we ALSO would sort of ACT SUPRISED (kinda like someone busted in on you naked in a shower- loud gasp- and disconcerted look in the direction) WHENEVER someone made it into the house/driveway etc WITHOUT the dog FIRST going to see/ being aware of their presence.

Over time- the dogs learn from body language to either 'ok' new people coming to the house- or know something is up- if people DO NOT follow protocol (sneaking around- breaking in- hiding from the occupants etc)

>of course- we had to explain to our oil/gas man when he came to check the meter- our dogs alerted everytime he tried to sneak around back without being seen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2012 10:46am

Style: Western Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two gun safes full, needing a third. pick a caliber, rifle or pistol, motion lights and Baby Girl, a 100 pound German Rothwieler who is a detector of character. My Draughter and twin 18 yr Grandsons live next door to me. I am kin to half of the county. Plus everybody knows i buy firearms. A little trick for your windows and patio doors . cut a piece of 1/4 dowel rod to lenght and put inthe tracks.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/02/2012 8:26am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Earlier, we were discussing the importance of alert neighbors and I was expressing my appreciation for this.

Word to the wise, this can work against you. One of the ladies on my street was out of town for a few days this week. A couple of my neighbors noticed a blonde chick who parked in the nearby cul-de-sac twice. She left her car and walked behind an empty house where my neighbor's husband let her in the house from the back deck. She stayed a couple hours, then returned to her car the same way.

This DID NOT go unnoticed. He though he was being slick by keeping his booty call from parking in the driveway where his wife's good friend across the street could see it. Little did he know he had his hookup park directly across the street from the nosiest woman in the neighborhood. Hahahahaha!

All my neighbors talk and everyone knows the deal now except for his wife, who will certainly be finding out in short order. They have a baby. He probably just threw away his family for a piece of ass. Retard.

This will probably work out well for me though. This guy has an aggressive dog I'm planning to shoot dead as the Colonel's fried chicken as soon as it pulls its growling and snarling **** past the boundaries of his invisible fence. Hopefully when he gets the boot his wife will get the furniture and he'll get the dog.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast