Sponsored Links Spacer Image

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 10:22pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A few conveniently placed yet deceptively hidden baseball bats/axe handles.
    basic alarm system on the house.

3 people live here, there's rarely a moment when we are all out, so there is usually someone home at all times.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/17/2012 7:43am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEA View Post
    Oh, yeah. Forgot about the spiky bushes. I have holly out front (northern exposure) and roses out back. Here are the rose bushes in front of my bedroom window.

I've also just put out a bunch of cheapo solar powered landscaping lights in the backyard and in the front flower beds. I noticed while walking through the neighborhood the other night that houses with landscaping lighting looked a lot more occupied than houses without.
    Damn! Those are some healthy rose bushes. Do you water those motherfuckers with Chuck Norris' sweat?

Charlie Don't Surf

Posted On:
    5/19/2012 1:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Damn! Those are some healthy rose bushes. Do you water those motherfuckers with Chuck Norris' sweat?
    I actually don't water them much at all and I only planted them a little over two years ago. They're climbing roses and I have two trellises that they are growing on. Not only do they make a formidable barrier for anyone contemplating breaking in through that window, they also act as a privacy screen that lets light and air in through the windows.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Charlie Don't Surf

Posted On:
    6/15/2012 3:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Getting a dog next week. I've also added some more of the cheap solar powered landscaping lights around the backyard - one of the $0.99 small ones from Walmart to the top of each fence post, which not only provides low level lighting but also silhouettes anyone moving around out there.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?r5ovex
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Posted On:
    6/15/2012 4:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Getting in the perimeter is not going to be a huge problem, leaving will be.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/16/2012 5:57am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We're adding a dog to the family in a couple weeks as well.

Yesterday something happened that made me think of this thread because we were discussing the importance of neighbors earlier.

I was out of town and my wife locked her keys in her car. She called a locksmith. Apparently he came in a truck with no markings. My neighbor looked out the window and saw this guy breaking into the car and immediately came out (discreetly armed, no doubt.) Then he saw my wife standing there and asked her if everything was okay. She told him everything was fine.

Here's my favorite part. He stood there anyway until the guy finished and left. It embarrassed my wife a little but that's the kind of awareness I want from my neighbors. I owe him a beer.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    6/16/2012 6:11am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yesterday something happened that made me think of this thread because we were discussing the importance of neighbors earlier.
    It is comforting to know that your neighbors have your back. I recently moved to a rural area, and my neighbors are great (most of them are also armed).

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/16/2012 8:56am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Here's my favorite part. He stood there anyway until the guy finished and left. It embarrassed my wife a little but that's the kind of awareness I want from my neighbors. I owe him a beer.
    Hopefully, she was just embarrassed because of the keys. You explained why it was a good thing right?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2012 6:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While on the subject of locks: If you're the sort of person who worries about security, then it might be worth making sure you don't have a pin-tumbler lock - or at least, if you do, that you can't bump the lock. Those things have a tendency to just flick right open when people stick a key cut to a fairly general profile in them and tap the end of the key as they're turning it. Makes the pins jump and separates them for a moment.

Posted On:
    6/16/2012 8:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Hopefully, she was just embarrassed because of the keys. You explained why it was a good thing right?
    She knows it's a good thing and she appreciates the concern. It just made her feel a little uncomfortable because although he didn't do anything aggressive, his demeanor and tone of voice were less than cordial to the locksmith who was just doing his job. More than likely because he was ready to jack a ************ up when he came out of his house. It was just a little awkward for her but she knows the deal.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast