Sponsored Links Spacer Image

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 11:59am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd honestly rather just get robbed every other year vs deal with barking, chewing and dog ****. I'm a fish person. Maybe a shark tank ... or a moat...
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 3:32pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have an alarm system that never gets turned on while we're home, we keep the windows open for fresh air most of the year, and we have Shitzhus. Every bedroom that's occupied has a loaded firearm. Barking dogs and flying lead is pretty much all we rely on. Don't have the money to spend on some fancy camera system.

Should we be more concerned with security? Well, I don't feel the need for it, but I could be wrong. I trust our little midget dogs to bark at the right time, though.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 3:51pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaohu View Post
    I have an alarm system that never gets turned on while we're home, we keep the windows open for fresh air most of the year, and we have Shitzhus. Every bedroom that's occupied has a loaded firearm. Barking dogs and flying lead is pretty much all we rely on. Don't have the money to spend on some fancy camera system.

Should we be more concerned with security? Well, I don't feel the need for it, but I could be wrong. I trust our little midget dogs to bark at the right time, though.
    You can afford handguns and purebred dogs, but not a couple hando for a camera?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 10:06pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It sounds stupid, but in my area we get killed by home burglaries where they break windows and either enter or open the door immediately following. I bought a roll of 3M security window film. They are about 12 mil and are completely see-through. This roll (about $150 on line) covered most of my windows. It also makes me very warm inside to think that maybe some asshole will punch my window and cry like the worthless ***** that he is and will one day die of hand cancer.

Other than that, I just lock my **** up and let my pups do the rest. The best piece of cop advise I have ever gotten is this..."If the asshole wants in, he's gonna get in. Just make it a little harder for him."

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 8:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Motion sensor spotlights outside, state trooper across the street (official vehicle parked outside at odd hours and he parks it in front of our house when we're out of town), alarms on the doors and breaking glass alarm in most rooms. We're planning on getting a dog soon.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0mcaie
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Posted On:
    4/07/2012 1:11am

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    You can afford handguns and purebred dogs, but not a couple hando for a camera?
    I could go into the detail of our current crap situation, but suffice it to say we just aren't in as good a financial position as we were when we purchased the pistols we have and only one dog actually belongs to my wife and I (we live with others in the same house who have the same breed) and was bought as her birthday gift 2 years ago. So no, we can't afford a camera right now.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 7:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've got decent external doors secured into reinforced frames, a load of shock sensors, a bunch of really fucking spikey bushes under the ground windows, and a load of that 3m security film. The door to my bedroom locks itself whenever it closes and is secured into a metal frame.

I'm sure someone could get in, but it'd be more painful than going down the street to rob someone else.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2012 9:07pm

Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you ever considered a mating pair of Peacocks? They work WAY better than a guard dog and can't be bribed or threatened away from guarding. (also not many people understand natural indicators of threat like birds and deer. Dog work great but i would FAR rather hear a signature chattering to warn of danger/unknown rather than silence-breaking barks that cover up noises you could be listening for.)

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    4/13/2012 10:30am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TexJohn View Post
    It sounds stupid, but in my area we get killed by home burglaries where they break windows and either enter or open the door immediately following. I bought a roll of 3M security window film. They are about 12 mil and are completely see-through. This roll (about $150 on line) covered most of my windows. It also makes me very warm inside to think that maybe some asshole will punch my window and cry like the worthless ***** that he is and will one day die of hand cancer.
    Actually, this is a really neat idea - I'm going to look into getting it done before hurricane season rolls in, thanks for the tip.

(edit) product link: http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3..._Window_Films/
    says not approved in Florida for hurricane, but doesn't mean I still can't get it for security, I hope.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 6:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Estarlio View Post
    a bunch of really fucking spikey bushes under the ground windows,
    Oh, yeah. Forgot about the spiky bushes. I have holly out front (northern exposure) and roses out back. Here are the rose bushes in front of my bedroom window.

I've also just put out a bunch of cheapo solar powered landscaping lights in the backyard and in the front flower beds. I noticed while walking through the neighborhood the other night that houses with landscaping lighting looked a lot more occupied than houses without.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast