Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    3/28/2012 2:54am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Internet presence only matters if you have another presence. Sadly, if you're a celebrity–or even a public joke like Snooki (Snookie? I don't care)–then having an internet footprint can add a substantial amount of value, assuming we're measuring in dollars rather than talent.

But if internet presence is all you've got, you have to be the absolute king of the internetz, or it doesn't actually matter. South Park did a whole episode on this.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 12:24am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMMA View Post
    Yes that would have bee interesting.

I read recently about a case where a employee worked for a electronics company and one of his duties was to blog. The employee was using a company account to do this blogging.
    He soon left the company and transferred his Friends/followers to his new personal account.

The business took him to court and I believe it is the first time that a Follower has been legally attributed a financial value. I cant remember too well, but I think the outcome was that he got to keep the list of followers but had to pay the business per follower.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/26/te...r-account.html

That is the case you are talking about. It is a bit more complex but you got the basics down. It begs the question can we quantify influence in a dollar amount, can we quantify a twitter follower, and finally can we determine who actually owns a social media account?

This case begs questions that I do not think our courts have the ability to correctly answer right now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2012 4:34am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After doing some research on thiis company

www.Klout.com

I figured a return to this thread was required.

So, this company measures your online "Influence" through your facebook and twitter accounts and gives you a rating, that rating can then translate into "Perks" which appear to be freebies, preferential treatment and the chance to review new products etc..

I wondered why I had seen so mant dumbass pictures etc on fb asking people to "Like" and "Share".

I personally think its an interesting concept, that being said, any algorithm can be manipulated and exploited.

Posted On:
    5/09/2012 5:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're thinking backwards.
    From what i've read of what you post here, you're never getting 100k followers.

Otoh, i work with a young lady who is an elite athlete, has a PhD, and has a very engaging blog which has thousands of followers/week.
    Oh yeah, she's hot and single too.
    She used her large and engaging web presence, in addition to her athletic and overall awesomeness to land several sweet sponsorships, including a shoe deal, a bike sponsor, free nutritional products and more.

Even with all of this flowing her way, i assure you she is not looking to retire from her web presence/income.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2012 5:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    You're thinking backwards.
    From what i've read of what you post here, you're never getting 100k followers.
    Coming from you....that doesn't mean a lot.

I don't have a twitter account and certainly didn't state an intention to gain 100k followers, my post was on observation that sites such as klout are measuring "online Influence", which is relevant to the topic of this thread.

Otoh, i work with a young lady who is an elite athlete, has a PhD, and has a very engaging blog which has thousands of followers/week.
    Oh yeah, she's hot and single too.
    She used her large and engaging web presence, in addition to her athletic and overall awesomeness to land several sweet sponsorships, including a shoe deal, a bike sponsor, free nutritional products and more.
    That is the kind of input that I was looking for.
    That sounds similar to the case of a lady called "Zuzzana" she along with her then Canadian bf created a site called "Bodyrock.tv" it originally started out as just Youtube subscriptions then hit facebook, twitter etc...now it has a following of thousands daily.

Considering the site is now offering to pay new hosts to appear in the videos I assume they are making enough money to use the site as their sole source of income, at worst it is certainly paying some bills.

Even with all of this flowing her way, i assure you she is not looking to retire from her web presence/income.
    And nor would I have expected her too.

Posted On:
    5/09/2012 5:40am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coming from you....that doesn't mean a lot.
    Perhaps, but it's the truth.

I don't have a twitter account and certainly didn't state an intention to gain 100k followers, my post was on observation that sites such as klout are measuring "online Influence", which is relevant to the topic of this thread.
    I was responding to this quote of yours:

If I could create a twitter account and get 100,000 people following it, ...
    My response was there's no way you could.
    My response seems on point while your subsequent one is further evidence that you are retarded.

That is the kind of input that I was looking for.
    That sounds similar to the case of a lady called "Zuzzana" she along with her then Canadian bf created a site called "Bodyrock.tv" it originally started out as just Youtube subscriptions then hit facebook, twitter etc...now it has a following of thousands daily.

Considering the site is now offering to pay new hosts to appear in the videos I assume they are making enough money to use the site as their sole source of income, at worst it is certainly paying some bills.
    ..and that is totally irrelevant to the point i am making.
    You don't have the appeal, savvy, skills, charisma...
    Need i go on?

And nor would I have expected her too.
    Yet again the point is lost on you.
    What do YOU bring to the table that would interest anyone in the slightest, much less (your number of) 100k?
    My example is clearly interesting and reaping some benefit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2012 7:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps, but it's the truth.
    Just as much as no one would want to follow your negative drivel and name calling that seems to follow me around this forum.

I was responding to this quote of yours:
    Which was obviously a hypothetical scenario I was using to illustrate an example of when someone maybe in a position to gain value from their social media value.

My response was there's no way you could.
    That is the beauty of a hypothetical situation.

My response seems on point while your subsequent one is further evidence that you are retarded.
    My point mirrored yours. We both gave examples of people who have used social media to gain influence and income, and as it happens they both appeared to be in the fitness industry.

I fail to see anything "retarded".

..and that is totally irrelevant to the point i am making.
    You don't have the appeal, savvy, skills, charisma...
    Given the very limited interaction you have had with me I don't believe you are a credible source to make such comments, however that said, I have not once suggested I have the intention of trying to gain any online influence or income, so I fail to see your point.

Yet again the point is lost on you.
    What do YOU bring to the table that would interest anyone in the slightest, much less (your number of) 100k?
    It seems the point is lost on you. I am not planning to open a twitter account, I am not looking to obtain 100k followers, the purpose of this thread is to discuss the "Marketing Value of social network accounts" which is exactly what has been happening prior to your involvement in the thread, which as per your previous input on this site seems to be mainly name calling, insults and a tiresome effort on your behalf to gain some kind of one-upmanship.

My example is clearly interesting and reaping some benefit.
    I know, and it would have been nice if you could have contributed to this thread with details of her blog, why you think she has been successful where others have failed, what idea she has for expanding her audience, what other platforms she is looking to get involved with (perhaps an I-phone application), how you think she could increase her income or even more on topic, if you think her account has any monetary value given the number of followers she has.

All valid and interesting points that would have contributed to the thread rather than the childish name calling and silliness you have prescribed too.

I have wasted too much time on your trolling already, unless you have anything relevant to say to the topic, then I will not be responding to your posts going forwards.

Posted On:
    5/09/2012 8:27am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahahaha, i'll address all of that bullshit in the morning as it's 3 am here and i had a long fucking day.
    I'm just glad certain bullshido policies ensure that crap will still be there when i get up in a few hours...
    As a bonus, that you try to run away via your little postscript, despite your "well reasoned rebuttal" is something i cannot help but grinning at as i prepare for bed.
    Thanks!

Posted On:
    5/09/2012 1:49pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just as much as no one would want to follow your negative drivel and name calling that seems to follow me around this forum.
    Fortunately i have real skills and a market that appreciates them.
    I do not share your illusions either.

Which was obviously a hypothetical scenario I was using to illustrate an example of when someone maybe in a position to gain value from their social media value.
    First not obvious, as most of the posters referred to "you" and "your plan" etc.
    That said, my response still allows for that and implies "It depends." and "So far the ideas you've presented suck and are not viable."
    So if you don't understand the ramifications of the example i gave that's on you.

My point mirrored yours. We both gave examples of people who have used social media to gain influence and income, and as it happens they both appeared to be in the fitness industry.
    No, you missed the point.
    They had all of the qualities to do so, that you lack.
    Are you an authority on a subject?
    Are you media savvy?
    etc. (Note those are rhetorical questions...)

I fail to see anything "retarded".
    I'm sure.

Given the very limited interaction you have had with me I don't believe you are a credible source to make such comments, however that said, I have not once suggested I have the intention of trying to gain any online influence or income, so I fail to see your point.
    I quoted you.
    Had you typed "one" instead of "I" you would "clearly" be using a hypothetical.
    Using the first person pronoun "I" is what makes your hypothetical factually "unclear", ergo your whole premise is flawed.
    This is only one facet of your idiocy.

It seems the point is lost on you. I am not planning to open a twitter account, I am not looking to obtain 100k followers, the purpose of this thread is to discuss the "Marketing Value of social network accounts" which is exactly what has been happening prior to your involvement in the thread, which as per your previous input on this site seems to be mainly name calling, insults and a tiresome effort on your behalf to gain some kind of one-upmanship.
    No, i simply enjoy pointing out your idiocy and penchant for starting stupid threads.

I know, and it would have been nice if you could have contributed to this thread with details of her blog, why you think she has been successful where others have failed, what idea she has for expanding her audience, what other platforms she is looking to get involved with (perhaps an I-phone application), how you think she could increase her income or even more on topic, if you think her account has any monetary value given the number of followers she has.

All valid and interesting points that would have contributed to the thread rather than the childish name calling and silliness you have prescribed too.
    I already listed the major attributes that allow her to be successful social media-wise; note the causal relationship there.

I have wasted too much time on your trolling already, unless you have anything relevant to say to the topic, then I will not be responding to your posts going forwards.
    Good, perhaps you should use the time to go study and gain useful skills, instead of continuing to post the mental vomit you've shown an affinity for ...
    Lurk more post less noob.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12