Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2012 3:55pm

Style: Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shidokan differences?

Ok so i've been practising shidokan for a while (3 years) and i see it looks like muay thai with circular japanese style blocks and some judo takedowns and locks i believe shidokan is good and i have used both in mma like matches and the street .

however in usa the shidokan has wrestling and bjj ? . In japan and most european countries shidokan is what i mentioned above .

Now i am confused because most people in this forum think shidokan has to do with wrestling and bjj together with a lot of striking

if anyone cares to explain it would be appreciated .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2012 2:52pm

Style: Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no answer ?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2012 11:58am

Style: KK TKD GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess it depends on the instructor, many of the Shidokan instructors come from the backgrounds you mentioned & directly test for black belt, thus they may know & teach the syllabus of the style but their fighting styles relies heavily on their primary styles.

Please note that my comment above is based mainly on what I heard in discussions, I unfortunately haven't had the chance to train in shidokan