Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 4:21pm

Style: FMA/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any links to seeing his standup in a real match/fight? I can't find a damn thing on youtube.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 4:28pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have to remember his age. He is in an age group of easy VCR and CamCorders.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 7:06pm

Style: 1 technique 1000 times

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    you can always be the first if it interests you that much. most of the NY bullies have no interest. he's a big guy, he's tough, he has good standup skills and a history of full contact fights.
    lol, personally I have no gripe with him. Honestly, I'd love to be his student because he's a Bagua Sifu, and I've loved Bagua since I saw it on Avatar: The Last Airbender (yes, a cartoon, but it's just really enticing to me). I'm going to respectfully refrain from revealing my hung ga lineage for now, but I'll tell you that my Sifu knows him. I was curious if I had missed a thread when I searched his name, which is why I asked. Yeah, Sifu Novell does sound like he runs his mouth, there's no question about that. I just wanted to know if anyone had actually met up with him. From his videos, he seems eager to get challenged, which I find worthy of respect.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 7:10pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then you aren't searching well enough. Eager to "sound like he runs his mouth to get challenged" is not something worthy of respect IMO.

Yes, you are missing plenty of threads.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 7:12pm

Style: 1 technique 1000 times

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not having a filter isn't worthy of respect, but always accepting a challenge is. All I could find were threads solely based on banter and flaming Black Taoist. Regardless, Ming Loyalist answered my question.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 7:20pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by csharp.negative View Post
    Not having a filter isn't worthy of respect, but always accepting a challenge is.
    Weird that isn't what you said in that earlier post. No, always accepting a challenge isn't always worthy of respect.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 7:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You have to remember his age. He is in an age group of easy VCR and CamCorders.
    plus he won at least one closed door fight in the CMA community that people did see, but due to various reasons, no one is going to talk about publicly. no i wasn't there, but people i used to train with were, and i respect them enough to respect their wish to not have the details gone over in public.

so why do i mention it? because i'm trying to give some perspective here. people tend to forget that he's big, strong, experienced in stand up, been in plenty of scraps and is willing to fight, and on top of it all, pretty pissed off at people on this site.

if someone wants to go "check out his skills" it's pretty clear he's going to do his best to make an impression, so it's kind of a loaded situation if you ask me. i'm probably one of the only people here who has met BT, just like i'm one of the only ones who actually took the initiative to meet JFS in person.

i think some of the people posting about him should do their own dirty work if they want to test him, cause it seems that none of us are particularly interested. i know i'm too busy training.

NYC is a great city, make a trip of it. it would hardly be a waste of time to come here, since there are opportunities to train with top martial artists of every style. marcello garcia is here, renzo gracie is here, phil nurse is here, there are a 7th dan and two 8th dans from japan teaching judo here, there is even great CMA to be found here among all the crap if you know what to look for and who to talk to.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 7:33pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, there were a couple people ready to meet and he turned it down. So, let's not play the "OMG posters didn't want to meet him" bullshit. Most of the posters respected his striking and didn't like his mouth. If you want to give him a pass go ahead, but let's not go down the Ming is angry because he is in my lineage route.

You were right in the thick when it is another CMA.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/17/2012 7:43pm at .

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 7:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Well, there were a couple people ready to meet and he turned it down. So, let's not play the "OMG posters didn't want to meet him" bullshit. Most of the posters respected his striking and didn't like his mouth. If you want to give him a pass go ahead, but let's not go down the Ming is angry because he is in my lineage route.

You were right in the thick when it is another CMA.
    yeah you're right. i forgot that in the end he did turn down people.

as far as giving him a pass, i think the favella story is fishy as hell, but if he wants to tell it that way, that's his prerogative. he likes to talk a lot, and i have better stuff to focus on (like improving my judo.)

oh, and for the record, if he and joe rogan fought, my money would be on rogan.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 7:43pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We pretty much agree about BT. He is a decent striker with a big mouth. It depends on if it was a striking tourney or MMA. Striking I do not know. All inclusive I'm certain Rogan would win.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast