My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 2:39am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahuyuddha View Post
    I was curious because I never heard about Joe's little tirade against Black Kung Fu before, so I searched for a video of the incident (or maybe one of the incidents, I don't know if he's gone off on this subject more than once).

I would have to agree that his tone would probably offend more than just Kung Fu people.

The offensive part is that Joe is spot on with it. In college my landlord had a friend "visit" unexpectedly from NY and acted just like that he even walked around in KF top and shoes.( I used to rock the shoes in public but not a top for everyday use.) Also this wasn't limited to NY.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 6:37am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's just something about Joe, Eddie and his SoCal jackass camp that makes them think the world is their personal /B/. Eddie Bravo's invented four different characters to hang stereotypes on.

That said, anyone else get the impression that BlackTaoist is kindof lonely? He's just on and on for pages, to anyone who'll listen. I felt like a girl at a bar being chatted up by Lebell or Alex. I don't think he has friends he can share these thoughts with.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 11:02am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    There's just something about Joe, Eddie and his SoCal jackass camp that makes them think the world is their personal /B/.
    Seems like the obvious outcome of a modern stand up comedian and a jiu jitsu teacher who smoke pot together.

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 3:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post

That said, anyone else get the impression that BlackTaoist is kindof lonely? He's just on and on for pages, to anyone who'll listen. I felt like a girl at a bar being chatted up by Lebell or Alex. I don't think he has friends he can share these thoughts with.
    He just wants to talk his way onto TV again. He was, inexplicably, a coach on Iron Ring.

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 4:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    3rd time around I'm finally reading the article. Only managed because I gave up on the rirst 2 paragraphs. No joke I need an English to "current pc word for that dialect" dictionary.

WTF is this?
    Dear Sho’nuff,
    New York City got soft when you left. No one delivered the essence of the street and martial arts, the way you did. The meanest and the prettiest. The baddest mofo — lowdown — around — this town. Hood swagger, red glow — niggas knew, not to sit in the ‘Sho’s Row.’
    The city is on some crouching tiger bullshit now. Skinny little lizards claiming to be last dragons. We’ve been waiting for you to come back on the scene. Word out on the street, is that there is a brother bringing the cool back to the martial arts world and standing up against against the bullshit!

I give up. Say waaa?
    but Novell keeps is gully. He’s a walking stop-and-frisk. Behind the fitted

Can someone please just point me to the lulz with a translation for unhip honkies?
    Last edited by Lindz; 4/10/2012 4:45pm at .

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 4:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    WTF is this?
    Dear Sho’nuff

It's mostly an extended riff on this film:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2012 11:09pm

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am also curious about this!

He seems like an interesting fellow ... but also with a very very big mouth.

I wonder? Anybody?

If only I was in NYC...

Also, what ever came of this challenge? There has to be some sick MMA / BJJ guys in NYC ... has anyone gone and submitted him?

I would pay $5 to see the video, whoever wins ... just out of curiousity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 1:07am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taijineigong View Post
    There has to be some sick MMA / BJJ guys in NYC ... has anyone gone and submitted him?

I would pay $5 to see the video, whoever wins ... just out of curiousity.
    According to him, he went to Brazil and they couldn't really tap him out:

Quote Originally Posted by Black Taoist
    He mentioned his journey, looking for teachers. I had to ask, how can someone know if the art they are studying is viable? What should someone study? I spent several months in a favela in Brazil. During that time I had the opportunity to **** with Brazilian Jujitsu. I thought it was ill. I just don’t like being on the ground and in between some dudes legs all the time. Novell went in saying “I believe this — **** Brazilian Jujitsu! I tried it out. Motherfuckers could not really tap me the **** out! I ain’t know **** when I got up on there! They couldn’t really tap me the **** out. They tried. It’s wrestling, White boys in known to wrestle. Let’s just keep it real. Brothers was know for the boxing, White boys was known for wrestling… When you hit that ground you have to know, to protect that neck. keep your joints in, relax… move. Keep moving your hips, your whole body. They catch brothers because — we ain’t getting to close to another male. Thats how we flow. We like, ‘Yo you getting to close move over!’”

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 11:22am

Style: 1 technique 1000 times

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahuyuddha View Post
    According to him, he went to Brazil and they couldn't really tap him out:
    But nobody from Bullshido has paid him a visit?

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 11:33am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by csharp.negative View Post
    But nobody from Bullshido has paid him a visit?
    you can always be the first if it interests you that much. most of the NY bullies have no interest. he's a big guy, he's tough, he has good standup skills and a history of full contact fights.

sure, he *may* be deluded about what he can do on the ground, but no one local has wanted to go find out. lots of people from far away seem very keen on someone else doing it.

what's your hung ga lineage? he's close with quite a few hung ga sifus, maybe someone in your family knows him and has crossed hands with him.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast