Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 2:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    I agree the guy was an asshat with the comment, he damaged his online reputation, and you called him out in a forum type of way. But what's up with the use your real name and face the consequences? What are these consequences you speak of? Seems a bit over reactionary.
    I for one post under my real name, real address and have no problems with anything I say online, as I stand by what I say as I act the same way I post as.

Others feel they can snipe, slander and libel people and titter like little girls.

It is unacceptable behavior.

It is illegal to do these things in public and it should be the same way on the net. You want to post crap about people then you should expect to get in trouble for said remarks. In other words, you are responsible for what you say and do, and there are consequences for such actions.

Posted On:
    5/04/2012 3:03pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You could have just as easily searched his old posts or asked him in a private message for the answer.
    Understood.

Dale, your response is very reasonable. I was thinking you were going down the "I am going going to spring out this screen and get you" path.

I take the opposite approach, I stay relatively anonymous and try to make sure my comments are self contained and my arguments stand on their own merits.

I will go back to work and quit crapping up the thread!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 7:23pm

Style: Boxing and Moo Duk Kwan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay I admit that I posted some retarted stuff about Tai Cheng without knowing anything about it. I have done several searches on it over the past week and found surprisingly good reviews on it. I might even consider trying it to remedy any knee and back pain I get occasionly which further disgraces me for being a fucktard on the subject at hand.

I didn't know the guy on the picture was the "Tai Cheng" creator. I used to do alot of single leg squats similar to the picture but my knees don't agree with them anymore. I made an unedjucated statement based on that, evidently Tai Cheng isn't complicated poses anyway, sorry.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 11:11pm

supporting member
     Style: 無木兔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is that a big kettlebell, or is Dr. Cheng really just tiny?

YOU decide.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    6/04/2012 6:59pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Maybe you should be careful about who you slander here.

Mark, is a kung fu brother of mine and I abhor net ghosts posting drek about people when they hide behind the laptop.
    I wasn't gonna comment on this thread until I saw this sparkly magic from DD.

Anyone remember Jamoke? JFS?

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/11/2012 9:13pm

Style: Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any word on how long each daily workout takes? I'm thinking of adding this to my AM routine since I never get to work with my tai Chi instructor.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    6/13/2012 10:18am

supporting member
     Style: 無木兔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbd View Post
    Any word on how long each daily workout takes? I'm thinking of adding this to my AM routine since I never get to work with my tai Chi instructor.
    My wife has been doing this daily for about 30m for a little over six weeks. As you progress the program gets slightly longer, about 40m, but that includes more than just the tai chi movements; there is a portion of the daily program that includes "neural reboot", which I think is some type of dynamic tension warmup routine similar to qigong.

The program has you do a little pre-assessment before you begin the program to baseline your balance, posture, flexibility, etc, and then you can measure against that periodically or at the end of the 90 day program. I like that because there is less subjectivity ("Tai Chi makes me feel groooooovy..") and more hard data ("I was a 0 for this balanced position when I started, now I am holding it comfortably, which is a 3").

She finishes the program in another 6 weeks, and I'll report her results/improvements. She suffers from scoliosis and sciatica issues...and says this program is really helping her with her back issues.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 6/13/2012 10:24am at .

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 3:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo and T'ai Chi Ch'uan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    13 discs for 18 postures? $120? Sounds like just a clever marketing stunt. The benefit claims are no different from regular T'ai Chi Ch'uan, and adding other exercises to a class is not exactly new either. And, most importantly, as was already stated, you cannot get proper instruction from a video. With the number of qualified T'ai Chi Ch'uan instructors around these days, a person's money would be better spent on in-person lessons. Tai Cheng is just a flashy gimmick.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/10/2012 4:05pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh stop, of course it is about marketing. You didn't read the website, like the other guy, did you?

Tae Bo? TKD marketed and modified for health.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tae_Bo
    It was developed by taekwondo practitioner Billy Blanks[1]
    P90X? Kempo marketed and modified for health.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P90X
    Kenpō X 1-13 Full Body Cardio
    Cardio kickboxing? Boxing and/or Karate modified for health.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardio_Kickboxing
    The original circuit training format was developed to help promote the sport of kickboxing through kickboxing for fitness.
    Tai Cheng? Tai Chi marketed and modified for health.

Seriously, read the website, it is a workout based on Tai Chi. It isn't advertising "you will be a master," "learn Tai Chi like the masters" or "learn to fight with tai chi" like these products:

Let me clarify my point. This is designed to get you off your ass and get you working out for health. As you just pointed out, it makes the SAME CLAIMS as regular Tai Chi. So do most other workout based products on the market. That is it.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 9/10/2012 6:44pm at .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123