Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2012 11:00am

Style: Traditional Mix

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you go to this page and scroll down to the letter announcement.

http://www.shaolin-do.com/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2012 5:46pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OMG I went on sinthe.com and almost pissed myself laughing at work! I read the part about sandburn training

"Young Sin was drawn to the martial arts and actually began training in a lost art known as sandburn training at a very young age. In sandburn training, practitioners treat their hands with special medicine and then place them in buckets of heated sand. Over time, the sand is made hotter and the length of time one's hands are submerged is increased. This training toughens the hands but also makes the skin dangerous for other humans to touch, hence its attractiveness to martial artists. Sin Thé stopped the training after a sandburn master accidently picked up his grandchild without special gloves and the baby was killed. This master and all of his colleauges stopped teaching and all of their students were dismissed."

First of all how does sticking your hands in hot sand make you more dangerous to other humans. Oh I forgot... it must be the special medicine..... Lol. But luckily nobody knows what this special medicine is and the grandmaster dismissed all his students so that nobody could ever verify this outrageous load of BS.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 8:45am

Style: Traditional Mix

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @
    superninjagod ...if you got to read the thread about the investigation into SKT, you would be able to fill in the blanks. It has attached documents from depositions and court cases that give quite a bit of background on this subject. For the non-Koolaid drinkers, the web site you visited is a source of contention and amusement.

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 1:40pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you investigators. I started out in Shaolin-Do but bullshido and the claims on SKT's various websites helped me to realize it wasn't what it claimed to be.

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 11:39am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is amazing how many fake CMA there are out there. A big tell usually is when they mix it up with JMA terms and weapons, like ending with Do, usually used by JMA like Judo, Karate-do, Kendo, and rarely used by any CMA, especially those who claim to be of ancient origin. Some even wear GIs and have katana forms

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 11:50am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See the thing is, it would be fine if he told the truth. All he had to say "I learned a hybrid in Indonesia." As someone else used to say, they felt it was a Kung Tao art. Take away the direct tie to Shaolin, Baby melting, and hairy GrandMaster, and 900+ forms no one would really care.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/19/2012 10:17am

Style: Shaolin Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow...this is hilarious. I have been training in the Martial Arts for over 40 years, and my primary style is Shaolin Do. I started in the 70's, when both brothers were still together, and everything EM Leonard is saying is absolutely true.
    I have black belts in Shotokan Katate, ninjutsu under Stephen Hayes, and fought in the PKA. I've trained with many, many incredible and credited teachers, and none of them hold a candle to GM Sin, or Hsiang for that matter. The only one who came close was Dr Masaaki Hatsumi, the GM of Togakure Ryu Ninjutsu. GM Sin is probably even more gifted than Dr Hatsumi, based on my experience. He has taken students to Indonesia, where they've met and trained with descendants from GM Ie's school.
    GM Sin is one of the best in the world, and a Grandmaster...he can create forms, add forms, training methods, whatever the hell he wants to do. He can pass down whatever stories and legends he wants as well. Has anyone seen the Ip Man movies? Totally fictional...who cares? I think GM Sin embodies the true Chinese martial arts. Anyone who knows him knows this to be true. All of you Internet trolls hiding behind your keyboards need to train more, talk trash less.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/19/2012 10:23am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have black belts in Shotokan Katate, ninjutsu under Stephen Hayes, and fought in the PKA. I've trained with many, many incredible and credited teachers, and none of them hold a candle to GM Sin, or Hsiang for that matter. The only one who came close was Dr Masaaki Hatsumi, the GM of Togakure Ryu Ninjutsu. GM Sin is probably even more gifted than Dr Hatsumi, based on my experience.
    Oh boy Hatsumi is your appeal to authority? Ha ha hahahahahaaa.....

Welcome troll, how are you doing? Listen Up is the same as my fake name. Therefore, you are hiding behind your keyboard as well.

Oh and do us all a favor and use your old account. KTHXBAI.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/19/2012 10:28am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/19/2012 10:30am

Style: Shaolin Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice It is Fake...you and I have had this conversation before. My name is Duane Tankersley, I invited you to my home in Charleston, SC.
    You always start off so confrontational. I am more than willing to test my skills against anyone. I still train 6 days a week. My claim to authority is myself and my experiences...all of which I'm willing to back up.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/19/2012 10:34am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Listen Up View Post
    Nice It is Fake...you and I have had this conversation before. My name is Duane Tankersley, I invited you to my home in Charleston, SC.
    You always start off so confrontational. I am more than willing to test my skills against anyone. I still train 6 days a week. My claim to authority is myself and my experiences...all of which I'm willing to back up.
    Yes, then use your old account. Actually, you started confrontational.
    All of you Internet trolls hiding behind your keyboards need to train more, talk trash less.
    Now, can you refute anything? No? Okay so, your whole point is to become angry, again, whine and tell people to train. Yes, he can make up anything he wants, and there is a document confirming that he did just that, you know, after all of your and other protestations IT WAS DA REAL. Now, it is "OMG so what, he can do what he wants?" "Ninjas and Shaolin-do are da greatest"

As many of us say all of the time, enjoy what you do, but don't get butt-hurt when people call your stories lies when you talk a HUGE game.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast