Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/28/2012 1:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I finally learned how to melt a baby so I am no longer going to study at CSC in Denver. Any suggestions for a new school?

Is anyone familiar with
    Willem de Thouars or the Denver Silat Group?

How about Progressive Combat Systems?

Kali, Escrima, Arnis, schools?

Good internal schools?

A place called Tai Kung Ha?
    Last edited by X'D IN CSC; 4/28/2012 1:40am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 9:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is amazing, I have no words to describe just how fitting this is and how deserved the investigation was. Besides failing all common sense checks, I suppose it did take a good deal of evidence to finally derail the SD nut riders.

A few years ago I was trolling a SD instructor who basically offered a challenge to me. The challenge never happened, we actually became facebook friends, and a year later he finally thanked me (and all of Bullshido BTW) for giving him such a hard time. He was just brainwashed into all the typical jedi-master rhetoric.

Anyway, fantastic job guys.

Posted On:
    5/21/2012 10:54am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear Sam,

Just curious, but where does Sin The admit he traveled around Indonesia studying with multiple masters? I cannot seem to find this information/statement in anything I have read or from material that has been provided on this website. I would greatly appreciate a citation.

Yours truly,

The Septic Monkey

Posted On:
    5/24/2012 2:57pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or... would anyone be able to help the Septic Monkey find an answer to Sam's claim?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/24/2012 3:03pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Septic Monkey View Post
    Or... would anyone be able to help the Septic Monkey find an answer to Sam's claim?
    Please get the post that you are referring to as "Sam's Claim." Maybe I can point you in the right direction.

Posted On:
    5/25/2012 10:03am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushing Step View Post
    A few years ago I was trolling a SD instructor who basically offered a challenge to me. The challenge never happened, we actually became facebook friends, and a year later he finally thanked me (and all of Bullshido BTW) for giving him such a hard time. He was just brainwashed into all the typical jedi-master rhetoric.
    That's awesome. Should get him to do an AMA over here.

Posted On:
    5/25/2012 10:03am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushing Step View Post
    That's awesome. Should get him to do an AMA over here.

Posted On:
    5/26/2012 6:36pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    Sanchin appeared in Okinawa after it was brought back by Kanryo Higaonna who studied Chinese Boxing according to Patrick McCarthy in the late 1870s. While it appears that Higaonna studied in Fuzhou with either Ryuru Ko and/or Wai Xinxian.

The problem (according to McCarthy) is we don't even know the name of the style taught in the Kojo school in Fuzhou. Some have speculated Higaonna brought back Whooping Crane Kung Fu but McCarthy describes his material as as a hybrid. (See The Bible of Karate Bubishi, translated with commentary by Patrick McCarthy, (Tuttle Publishing, 1995, p. 36-38) Sanchin exists in multiple forms of Chinese Kung Fu so saying which art it appeared in first, and that it came from the Shaolin Temple as verse another tradition is impossible barring new historical discoveries.*

*Note* If Sin The' claims that Sanchin came from the Shaolin temple that is not a new historical discovery.

This brings me back to my original point that your assertion that Shotokan comes from the Shaolin temple is erronous because this statement cannot be established by current historical knowledge.

However the situation with Shaolin Do is even worse because Sin The has contradicted himself multiple times during a deposition when discussing the historical basis of his art which he asserted since the late 1970s came from the Shaolin Temple in China. Since Sin The admits he travelled around Indonesia studying with multiple masters, its likely that he's teaching a hybrid art with a heavy dose of Karate rather then a Shaolin Lineage. Certainly his current stories are inconsistant and unbelievable. *cough* burned baby, hairy master.
    The Septic Monkey apologizes for not replying Sam's quote found on page 10 earlier. Threads and thread procedure are new and unfamiliar experiences. Hopefully Sam's quote that includes the claim about Sin admitting that "he traveled around Indonesia studying with multiple masters" clarifies things now, and enables the process of finding a citation for this claim.

S.M.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/26/2012 6:56pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    However the situation with Shaolin Do is even worse because Sin The has contradicted himself multiple times during a deposition when discussing the historical basis of his art which he asserted since the late 1970s came from the Shaolin Temple in China. Since Sin The admits he travelled around Indonesia studying with multiple masters, its likely that he's teaching a hybrid art with a heavy dose of Karate rather then a Shaolin Lineage. Certainly his current stories are inconsistant and unbelievable. *cough* burned baby, hairy master.
    Is this what you are talking about? If so, that's referenced in his videos.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 5/26/2012 7:21pm at .

Posted On:
    5/26/2012 8:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Is this what you are talking about? If so, that's referenced in his videos.
    Is this something said in a particular video, some videos? Is it something that can be found on a web video? This would be very informative.

Best,

S.M.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213 LastLast