Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2012 7:04am

Style: Shaolin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it possible to get documentation from the case The' v Hamilton from '92? That would be interesting. Sin's brother Hiang testified against him in that case.

Posted On:
    3/25/2012 12:32pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/....php?p=1164109

This is an interesting discussion of Shaolin Do, focusing on the authenticity of specific forms starting on page 903.

In answer to the above question, yes it is possible, if you know the location of the court and the file still exists.
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 3/27/2012 8:37am at .

Posted On:
    3/26/2012 10:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shao-Lin Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a weird feeling finding out the school I was so passionate about turned out to be fake. It's ironic even how instructors put down other arts only to have the one we studied fall apart like a house of cards. I'm glad I don't have to stress over all those forms and training I missed out on but it also means I have to do some searching of my own. I was part of the Las Vegas school headed by Master Matt I'm nervous to ask you guys this, but I feel I need the truth. Is the yang/24 combined posture tai chi, I Chin Ching, Hou Tien Chi, San Ye, Yin Yang conditioning fake too? It's all I have left that I remember. I feel like it's helping, but is it just because I believe it is?

Posted On:
    3/27/2012 4:28am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm glad I took the time to read over older posts and online disputes. I got my questions answered and I feel a lot better seeing multiple perspectives. IIF I wish I could have met you in person you have a level head on your shoulders and too many times people jump the gun without reading all that you have to say.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/27/2012 7:58am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was just like everyone else, until a student gave me a packet of negative internet rantings about the school. I'd probably still be practicing, until the David Soard crap, and would be dismayed as well. Enjoy what you did, the friends you made, and do the exercises.

Posted On:
    3/27/2012 8:45am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxeoBorracho View Post
    It's a weird feeling finding out the school I was so passionate about turned out to be fake. It's ironic even how instructors put down other arts only to have the one we studied fall apart like a house of cards. I'm glad I don't have to stress over all those forms and training I missed out on but it also means I have to do some searching of my own. I was part of the Las Vegas school headed by Master Matt I'm nervous to ask you guys this, but I feel I need the truth. Is the yang/24 combined posture tai chi, I Chin Ching, Hou Tien Chi, San Ye, Yin Yang conditioning fake too? It's all I have left that I remember. I feel like it's helping, but is it just because I believe it is?
    I don't know. But you might want to ask "Judge Pen" over on the Kung Fu Magazine forum for which I provide a link at the top of the page.

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 11:47am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    No, that wasn't a separate count in the complaint. Perhaps defense counsel was simply trying to discover the basis of any such claim in case the plaintiff's attempted to amend their complaint later.
    In order to sue for Invasion of Privacy, Sin The had to show some kind of special damage. Hence the emotional distress examination

Posted On:
    4/16/2012 12:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taiji Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxeoBorracho View Post
    I don't know about the others, but the Yang/24 combined form is authentic, though I can't say how well the Shaolin-Do teachers knew it. It's basically a short form based mostly off of traditional Yang style with some slight modifications. A few postures are more open or closed, while a rocking step was added (inspired by Sun style taiji quan) which was better for beginners health. The traditional Yang stepping from bow stance to bow stance at a slow speed like that without rocking back can potentially cause knee problems (or aggravate past problems). It was developed by a comity in the PRC headed by Li Tian Ji as a short form that people could use for exercise to improve general health (workers could be lead in its practice to ease tension and loosen joints on breaks for example) and is often used as an intro form in many different schools and styles of taiji quan around the world. It's probably the most practiced form out there.

Shaolin-Do's origin story for it from what I recall was a mishmash of their "Shaolin" origin story and the PRC developed "combined" system that emerged from Li Tianji's taiji quan, and turned into the modern competition taiji quan.

Posted On:
    4/20/2012 12:10am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the explanation and heads up on the yang form. I wondered I was getting tai chi knee and had to look up information on some of the other kung fu forums to figure out why.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12