Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/22/2012 3:22pm

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    During the warmer months, I spend a good deal of time pushing a longboard with a paddle, for several miles at a time.
    Just learn to pump that sucker, much cooler mode of transit.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/22/2012 5:12pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Just learn to pump that sucker, much cooler mode of transit.
    I actually took up the paddle because I was doing too much conventional longboarding and the asymmetry of it was making my body complain. I still skate normally too.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    3/23/2012 4:32am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    i do 15-20 mins of sprints pretty much every morning and train kickboxing most nights.

that along with spending my day as a personal trainer keeps me in pretty reasonable shape
    So you obviously like sprints then? I'm thinking of adding them into my routine this summer.

Any thoughts/observations you can share about adding sprints into a routine?

Posted On:
    3/23/2012 9:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually took up the paddle because I was doing too much conventional longboarding and the asymmetry of it was making my body complain. I still skate normally too.
    Paddling looks pretty asymmetrical to me unless you alternate stance or something. I'll take out my slalom board from time to time and pump it around town, this town is flat enough that I don't usually have to put a foot down. But running takes up most of my cross-training time so I don't skate much anymore.

Posted On:
    3/23/2012 11:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Paddling looks pretty asymmetrical to me unless you alternate stance or something.
    I alternate both the stance and the side of the board I'm paddling on, so there's 4 different possibilities.

Posted On:
    3/23/2012 11:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I alternate both the stance and the side of the board I'm paddling on, so there's 4 different possibilities.
    You are one coordinated guy. I'm really strongly goofy, and switch is just something I never got the hang of much.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    3/26/2012 1:54am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just for the record, and relevant to the topic of the thread, cardio has several permutations –or stages if you will– depending on your objectives. And in the last several years, it has been studied intensely. Anyone who seeks advice on the topic is welcome to PM me. Or if there is a whole lot of demand, we can make a whole thread or article devoted to it.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    3/26/2012 11:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are one coordinated guy. I'm really strongly goofy, and switch is just something I never got the hang of much.
    I am too; the way I was able to teach myself the regular stance too was through paddling, because you can get used to riding that way without having to pick up the foot to pump.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    3/26/2012 2:33pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    Just for the record, and relevant to the topic of the thread, cardio has several permutations –or stages if you will– depending on your objectives. And in the last several years, it has been studied intensely. Anyone who seeks advice on the topic is welcome to PM me. Or if there is a whole lot of demand, we can make a whole thread or article devoted to it.
    Can you post a link or two here in the thread?

Posted On:
    3/27/2012 1:22am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Normally my cardio consists of training BJJ and striking 1-3 days per week (as time will allow), doing sets of sprints and indian runs 2-3 days per week, and circuit training in addition to my normal fight training and weight training routine.

Right now though, I am suffering from a horrible back injury and I am a big *****, but instead I do HIIT circuits going for max heart rate on the stationary bike, and I swim after a good workout with weights.

Sprints are the **** though. Nothing feels better, IMO, except actually training. That and hill runs, just long sprints up a steep incline, with short rest periods.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast