Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 5:20am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a newb, but from everything I have gathered in the short time I've been thinking about self defense, running away like a chicken is still the best knife defense.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 8:50am

Style: MMA/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone else think that`s a hard kick to do? Kicking someone's hand seems like a hard feat unless you're fairly well-trained, or it was a crappily-thrown stab :P
    -gratz to the skill of the defender :D
    Last edited by Heydawg; 4/10/2012 8:51am at . Reason: forgot a couple of words

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 10:56am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heydawg View Post
    Anyone else think that`s a hard kick to do? Kicking someone's hand seems like a hard feat unless you're fairly well-trained, or it was a crappily-thrown stab :P
    -gratz to the skill of the defender :D
    Hard to say exactly what he did without a video. It sounds like the guy was reaching his knife arm through a little service window though, so he was probably able to give it a good soccer kick while the guy was stuck in one place.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2012 10:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well kicks tend to be more limited in tight spaces. Thats how i see it at least.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2012 10:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's all about the guns you carry!
    Be proud of it! some may not be as fortunate....
  6. eloneamigo

Posted On:
    7/11/2012 4:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well in Muay Thai even when the opposing fighter is blocking a head kick, the fighter firing the kick is actually also trying to injure the forearm, to break the opponent down or break their arms, which is why MT fighters dont block kicks with their arms, and check them with their shins. Imagine trying to block a leg kick from Buakaw with a downward hand block, just not the best idea. I mean even when you hold pads for a strong kicker that **** still can hurt, especially if it's flush.

So theoretically if you have a non-conditioned dbag robber who isn't trained then it would be a solid possibility. The other reason to is, most aholes that carry weapons for the purposes of committing crimes, usually don't know how to use them very well. How many times have you seen gang bangers at the gun range? The potential harm of the weapon is what usually causes fear, not the attackers capability, just like when thugs hold guns, they hold them in a leisurely manner; why? because they don't expect someone on the other end to do anything.

I would say with a knife maybe, with a gun I wouldn't since the actual gun is the least of your worries. But then again James Bond never seems to have issues disarming bad guys with crescent kicks for day LOL!
    Last edited by eloneamigo; 7/11/2012 4:05pm at .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12