Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 1:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

*Miesha Tate wants rematch with Rousey*

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2012/03/...-ronda-rousey/

Is she insane? Rousey dominated her in all facets of the game minus maybe five seconds of the fight. Tate needs to go beat a relevant opponent once she heals up and THEN ask for a second shot.

Anyone disagree?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 2:54pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ReadyEddy View Post
    http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2012/03/...-ronda-rousey/

Is she insane? Rousey dominated her in all facets of the game minus maybe five seconds of the fight. Tate needs to go beat a relevant opponent once she heals up and THEN ask for a second shot.

Anyone disagree?
    I disagree. I think Tate was doing a pretty good job of not getting held down and of getting back up. She got out of an armbar and landed some decent shots, but she got outclassed in the clinch and got way too overzealous and came in instead of controlling the distance and using angles to keep the judoka away from her. As Sirc pointed out in the other thread, Tate made noticeable mistakes on the ground that Ronda was able to capitalize on (i.e. trying to take Ronda's back instead of standing up and keeping it on the feet).

As a wrestler I feel she has the best chance of keeping it on the feet and taking Ronda out of her game. She needs a new gameplan, and to stick to it, not to mention fully recovering that elbow and getting some time on the mat to be able to hang with Ronda.

Not saying I think Ronda wont beat her anyway (due to me being a fan), but I think if any of her opponents so far have shown a slight kink in her armor it was Miesha.

EDIT:

Seeing how the UFC has been behaving about rematches this event wouldn't surprise me. However, i do agree that she needs atleast the time to recover, and seriously work on her strategy to take down (figuratively; literally she should avoid this at all costs) Rousey.

Also she let ronda get into her head last fight. Game over.
    Last edited by Zerstörer90; 3/13/2012 2:59pm at . Reason: more ranting...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 2:56pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tate wants her other arm broken. I am ok with this.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 3:11pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I eventually got to see the contest and I thought she did very well and was uncommonly brave (bordering on the stupid by not tapping when her arm was cranked to an unfeasible angle). Rousey (an attractive looking lady to be sure) looks extraordinary and has a terrific ground-game.

I thought Ms Tate was very dignified after the announcement when she got to the mic. Ms Rousey, a little less-so.

Just my view.

If Ms Tate wants a re-match, she might be too brave for her own good.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 3:13pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokikai90 View Post
    I disagree. I think Tate was doing a pretty good job of not getting held down and of getting back up. She got out of an armbar and landed some decent shots, but she got outclassed in the clinch and got way too overzealous and came in instead of controlling the distance and using angles to keep the judoka away from her. As Sirc pointed out in the other thread, Tate made noticeable mistakes on the ground that Ronda was able to capitalize on (i.e. trying to take Ronda's back instead of standing up and keeping it on the feet).

As a wrestler I feel she has the best chance of keeping it on the feet and taking Ronda out of her game. She needs a new gameplan, and to stick to it, not to mention fully recovering that elbow and getting some time on the mat to be able to hang with Ronda.

Not saying I think Ronda wont beat her anyway (due to me being a fan), but I think if any of her opponents so far have shown a slight kink in her armor it was Miesha.

EDIT:

Seeing how the UFC has been behaving about rematches this event wouldn't surprise me. However, i do agree that she needs atleast the time to recover, and seriously work on her strategy to take down (figuratively; literally she should avoid this at all costs) Rousey.

Also she let ronda get into her head last fight. Game over.
    You were fucking drunk when you watched the fights right?

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 5:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ippwned View Post
    Tate wants her other arm broken. I am ok with this.
    LMAO ^^^THIS^^^

Last edited by Jim_Jude; 3/13/2012 5:20pm at .
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 6:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I for one cannot wait to see ol' Rapeface Rhonda back in action ASAFP.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 6:05pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ronda was only sloppy in her first fight against Tate, because she was massively over confident.

The question is after armlocking Kaupmann will Ronda go into a re-match with Tate any less over confident and if not how will that affect her performance in any rematch.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 6:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Ronda was only sloppy in her first fight against Tate, because she was massively over confident.

The question is after armlocking Kaupmann will Ronda go into a re-match with Tate any less over confident and if not how will that affect her performance in any rematch.
    I'm not sure she could be over confident considering just how badly she judo fucked Tate. Is it considered over confidense when it's true??

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 6:35pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I'm not sure she could be over confident considering just how badly she judo fucked Tate. Is it considered over confidense when it's true??
    Did you see how lacksidasical she was when Tate had Ronda's back?

And how she threw caution to the winds to get the sub?

I'm a Judo nutrider, but if I view Ronda's fight dispassionately its obvious she was taking risks, because she thought she was a better grappler and wouldn't get caught.
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast