Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/22/2012 4:19am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StepInCross View Post
    That hustling mindset is what I have and thats the only way I know how to think. Is it really unfeasible to take that into boxing?
    If you want to actually be good at it? Yes. Think of it this way: how'd you get good at competitive video games? Had to play against people who whooped up on you sometimes, didn't you? What did you do then? Took their strategies, adapted some of them to your game and discarded others, right?

See how that works?

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    3/22/2012 8:09pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That hustling mindset is what I have and thats the only way I know how to think. Is it really unfeasible to take that into boxing?
    It would be more feasible to use all the resources at hand to become the best you can be. That would entail things like 1. stop looking for marks, 2. learn from people who have more experience than you, 3. learn from people who have superior skills, and by all means, 4. lose the hustler attitude. Being a hustler is a compliment in some aspects. If you are ambitious, hard-working, motivated, zealous, etc. etc., that is being a hustler. The thing you refer to is more like a predatory con-man, looking to get over on someone.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2012 10:15pm

Style: Delusion

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    If you want to actually be good at it? Yes. Think of it this way: how'd you get good at competitive video games? Had to play against people who whooped up on you sometimes, didn't you? What did you do then? Took their strategies, adapted some of them to your game and discarded others, right?

See how that works?
    Actually, I got good by WATCHING better players and then looking for the strategies that would be viable for my skill level. Also, cheap tricks galore. There are dozens of cheap tricks that require a disproportionately higher skill to defend against than it is to employ. I learned alot of them and I always thought that is how you get good at boxing.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/22/2012 11:00pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, I got good by WATCHING better players and then looking for the strategies that would be viable for my skill level. Also, cheap tricks galore. There are dozens of cheap tricks that require a disproportionately higher skill to defend against than it is to employ. I learned alot of them and I always thought that is how you get good at boxing.
    I'm willing to bet these "cheap tricks" are your word for strategy and that when you do them, you do them wrong and the only reason they work is because of the skill of your opponents. This is all assuming you aren't just talking about your experience playing Fight Night on Xbox Live.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/23/2012 12:20am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how the **** is somebody from the philippines, the land that gave us manny pacquiao, such a fucking *****?

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/23/2012 12:34am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boxing isn't dota or pool. If you only fight easy fights, you will stay week.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2012 3:29pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm thinking your trainer made you spar only people who were better than you because he couldn't find anyone who was worse.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234