Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Thread: Boxing question

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StepInCross View Post
    That hustling mindset is what I have and thats the only way I know how to think. Is it really unfeasible to take that into boxing?
    If you want to actually be good at it? Yes. Think of it this way: how'd you get good at competitive video games? Had to play against people who whooped up on you sometimes, didn't you? What did you do then? Took their strategies, adapted some of them to your game and discarded others, right?

See how that works?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That hustling mindset is what I have and thats the only way I know how to think. Is it really unfeasible to take that into boxing?
    It would be more feasible to use all the resources at hand to become the best you can be. That would entail things like 1. stop looking for marks, 2. learn from people who have more experience than you, 3. learn from people who have superior skills, and by all means, 4. lose the hustler attitude. Being a hustler is a compliment in some aspects. If you are ambitious, hard-working, motivated, zealous, etc. etc., that is being a hustler. The thing you refer to is more like a predatory con-man, looking to get over on someone.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    If you want to actually be good at it? Yes. Think of it this way: how'd you get good at competitive video games? Had to play against people who whooped up on you sometimes, didn't you? What did you do then? Took their strategies, adapted some of them to your game and discarded others, right?

See how that works?
    Actually, I got good by WATCHING better players and then looking for the strategies that would be viable for my skill level. Also, cheap tricks galore. There are dozens of cheap tricks that require a disproportionately higher skill to defend against than it is to employ. I learned alot of them and I always thought that is how you get good at boxing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, I got good by WATCHING better players and then looking for the strategies that would be viable for my skill level. Also, cheap tricks galore. There are dozens of cheap tricks that require a disproportionately higher skill to defend against than it is to employ. I learned alot of them and I always thought that is how you get good at boxing.
    I'm willing to bet these "cheap tricks" are your word for strategy and that when you do them, you do them wrong and the only reason they work is because of the skill of your opponents. This is all assuming you aren't just talking about your experience playing Fight Night on Xbox Live.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how the **** is somebody from the philippines, the land that gave us manny pacquiao, such a fucking *****?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boxing isn't dota or pool. If you only fight easy fights, you will stay week.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm thinking your trainer made you spar only people who were better than you because he couldn't find anyone who was worse.

Page 4 of 4 First 1234