Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/19/2012 10:07pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because I love sparring with people who had trained for only as long as me. They were pathetic and every spar stroked my ego.
    I've heard taking candy from babies isn't too rough. They even cry when you do it! Who's the boss now, you little **** factories?

Start with that, then maybe you can work your way up to pushing over little old ladies. Small steps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2012 11:15pm

Style: Delusion

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^

Hey, its called strategy. You never engage an opponent that can even put up a fight. Predators do it all the time. An efficient predator needs to be able to kill his prey without sustaining any injuries no matter how minor because any injury requires calories to fix and reduce the amount of calories gained.

If you were told you had potential and was being forced into a smoker where everybody was on your level and some were even above you, would you participate? What kind of dumb move would that be? Only idiots fight a fair war. If you are going into a fight, you try to get as many advantages as possible,right? So, of course, you'd pick the weakest dipshit that would still agree to fight you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2012 12:01am

Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StepInCross View Post
    If you were told you had potential and was being forced into a smoker where everybody was on your level and some were even above you, would you participate?
    Yes, yes I would. For two reasons:

(1) I train to see if I can become better, and I only will get better if I can fight people better than me. Fighting incompetents more incompetent than me will not make me better (and will make things tough for people scheduling me matches - there aren't that many people worse than me at boxing).

(2) If I win, I want it to be legitimate, not because I found a half drunk fifty year old who happened to have delusions of grandeur who would agree to put on some gloves and fight me.

That being said, I would say no if the fighter had fifty amateur fights with no losses, and I'm heading out for my second fight. When I compete, I want someone around my skillset. When I train, I want someone who is better than me (which is nice, because it gives me options).

The truth is, you're making a great choice with boxing. Trust your coaches, and understand there are times you're gonna get your butt kicked. That's OK, its part of training, and its part of competing. Just keep your hands up brother!

Posted On:
    3/20/2012 1:00am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^

Hey, its called strategy. You never engage an opponent that can even put up a fight. Predators do it all the time. An efficient predator needs to be able to kill his prey without sustaining any injuries no matter how minor because any injury requires calories to fix and reduce the amount of calories gained.

If you were told you had potential and was being forced into a smoker where everybody was on your level and some were even above you, would you participate? What kind of dumb move would that be? Only idiots fight a fair war. If you are going into a fight, you try to get as many advantages as possible,right? So, of course, you'd pick the weakest dipshit that would still agree to fight you.
    You sound like you suck at it. like one of those guys who stands in the corner nodding when everyone else is sparring. You know that guy--The one who stands around most of the time, not even working a bag, but complains when he gets whipped about 'reach too long', 'don't have my good gloves' , etc...

Tell us more of these gambling exploits. Those are more interesting...
    Last edited by jubei33; 3/20/2012 1:11am at .
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    3/20/2012 5:52am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm trying to put on my trainer hat now and figure out why he would put you in the ring with someone who out-classes you.
    1. Attitude adjustment: a few rounds with 'Bubba' might knock the (obvious) chip off someone's shoulder.
    2. Entertainment value: it is always amusing to watch someone who thinks they are better (faster, stronger, smarter, etc.) than everyone else get the **** kicked out of them.
    3. The trainer just might want to make you a better fighter.

Posted On:
    3/20/2012 6:10am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I completely agree StepInCross, i only spar with new guys who are smaller than me.

Sparring with people able to hit you greatly increases the odds of injury. Plus you have to train with self defence in mind, its pointless learning how to beat people who know how to box properly since the guys you fight in real life won't throw a punch in the proper way
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2012 6:37am

Style: punch on artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it normal for boxing gyms to force you to spar with superior boxers?

I'm quitting my old hobby(competitve DotA gambling) because no matter how much I shut my mouth, people still figure out that I am a league above them and I have been forced out of most local tourneys. Not to mention even my team has figured out that I am much much better than them and now force me to play games with weak team mates to balance me out. My old 10wins-1loss has turned to a 1win-1loss, on bad days.

I am thinking of going back to boxing. I'm saving up money for a boxing gym membership(much cheaper than a per session fee) and exercising to get ready. When I boxed last time, my trainer told me I had "potential" and than made me spar with people who'd been training for years, which is why I quit. If I shut my mouth can I realistically avoid that situation again? Is it possible for me to skirt the notice of the trainers so I never have to be with people who are as skilled or better than me? Because I love sparring with people who had trained for only as long as me. They were pathetic and every spar stroked my ego. Very few of them listened to the explanations of the trainers on what punch to throw when or do anything about the initial bad punching form we all start with.
    Ha. We've got a guy like you down at my local boxing gym. I dont think boxing is for you. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2012 8:19am

Style: Delusion

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why the lack of respect?

This is the reason, I quit. People in boxing gyms don't like my mindset.

Why is it wrong for me to train hard and only fight other people that don't? Why is it wrong for me to try and gain any and every advantage I can take? If you're just above average at things you'll quickly learn that you are still no match to the guys that are truly talented in their chosen fields. Its much easier to pick on average folk. So why not?

Edit.

Take for example, journeymen in boxing. They're better than most but not good enough so all they do is guard the threshhold.
    Last edited by StepInCross; 3/20/2012 8:23am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2012 8:29am

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why the lack of respect? ...

pretty much because of what you said here,

you are sparring not competing so

Its much easier to pick on average folk
    Why is it wrong for me to try and gain any and every advantage I can take?
    are not really terms i would use

P

Posted On:
    3/20/2012 10:39am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StepInCross
    Why the lack of respect?
    Because for all your talk of training hard, that is not what you're doing. You are attempting to skate by, which is disrespectful to your opponents, your instructors and yourself. What you want to do is be a bully in a situation where it is "OK" to beat up noobs. Except it isn't. It's bad for (you guessed it...) the noobs, your instructors and you. It's bad for the noobs because they aren't learning anything while you use them to stroke your fragile ego. It's bad for the instructors because it drives away their business. It's bad for you because you aren't learning anything by whooping up on the noobs.

However, the latter is probably a good thing. This is because you, at the time of this writing, are a douchebag.

But I am curious what DotA gambling is.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast